View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
WAR WITHOUT END? 

Would you be interested in a widespread Alternate Warlord Format (reset)?
I'm game for a new format. 74%  74%  [ 67 ]
No thanks, going to stick with Warlord in an existing format (Ancients / Open / 4e) 20%  20%  [ 18 ]
It has been a good ride, but I think this is where I get off of this Warlord Merry-go-round 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 90

WAR WITHOUT END? 
Nekomancer
Nekomancer

Post Re: WAR WITHOUT END?
NirvanaTool wrote:
Swashbuckler wrote:
... bring back the old lycanthrope form cards!

*ducks to avoid thrown objects*
:P

Sure, but we're going to put "Team Jacob" as a bold trait on all of them... still want them, sir? :lol:

That's fine but I shall find some cards to put Team Alice and Team Jasper on o.o (I made those teams, the internet doesn't support them >.>)

Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:05 pm
Profile WWW
Command Staff
Command Staff

melon wrote:
NirvanaTool wrote:
Swashbuckler wrote:
... bring back the old lycanthrope form cards!

*ducks to avoid thrown objects*
:P

Sure, but we're going to put "Team Jacob" as a bold trait on all of them... still want them, sir? :lol:

That's fine but I shall find some cards to put Team Alice and Team Jasper on o.o (I made those teams, the internet doesn't support them >.>)

I will support Team Alice.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:41 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Maybe now I will see an Elven Necromancer who does necromancy stuff :D

Or an Elf Illusionist :yes:

Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:43 pm
Fails DC 2's
Fails DC 2's

I fully support new things to keep the game frresh and fun. However I don't want to see this new format do anything to change 4E until it's run all the way out. I know I'm still having fun with the 4 new decks and getting great decks ready to play for WC's. I'm also hoping that there is just as much at GenCon this year for 4E as there was for last year. There should still, I hope be Doubles (looking to take out NJ), Singles, and if someone is kind enough to run Strategic again that be wicked cool. The booster draft may have been the best part of GenCon and huge thanks to Rich for making that happen. So if there is one event this year or it's the focus next year last cool, but I'm hoping GenCon will still be a 4E event.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:17 pm
Warlord
Warlord

If there is enough interest this year, I have an idea for a new version of Strategic, run pretty much like a grid board game version of the ccg.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Corruption's Cornerstone
Corruption's Cornerstone

Snake13 wrote:
I fully support new things to keep the game frresh and fun. However I don't want to see this new format do anything to change 4E until it's run all the way out. I know I'm still having fun with the 4 new decks and getting great decks ready to play for WC's. I'm also hoping that there is just as much at GenCon this year for 4E as there was for last year. There should still, I hope be Doubles (looking to take out NJ), Singles, and if someone is kind enough to run Strategic again that be wicked cool. The booster draft may have been the best part of GenCon and huge thanks to Rich for making that happen. So if there is one event this year or it's the focus next year last cool, but I'm hoping GenCon will still be a 4E event.

The plan is for this NOT to change 4E. I believe the initial plan would for the "Grand Opening" tournament to be at GenCon, and the last hoorah for 4E in an official sense. All of thesis still pending development of the card list, which we're still working on.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:14 am
Raath's End
Raath's End

Like Chris, I think the best way to do this is to have a "final" 4E event at GenCon and have a "kickoff" event for the new format at the same con.

Aristotle wrote:
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

Kerebrus wrote:
That Malexin and his fancy logic :hypnotized:

Emerald Dawn wrote:
Death, Taxes and The San Diego Chargers [Censor: poo] the bed when its time to come through in the clutch

Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:21 am
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Malexin wrote:
Like Chris, I think the best way to do this is to have a "final" 4E event at GenCon and have a "kickoff" event for the new format at the same con.

Does that need to be THIS GenCon? I ask because in the grand scheme of thing Warlord JUST died, and there are supposedly still promos waiting. I'm not really arguing just asking what the hurry is. I know sooner is better, but this might even be too soon, there hasn't even been enough time that another set would have come out.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:24 pm
Corruption's Cornerstone
Corruption's Cornerstone

SobolevKto wrote:
Malexin wrote:

Does that need to be THIS GenCon? I ask because in the grand scheme of thing Warlord JUST died, and there are supposedly still promos waiting. I'm not really arguing just asking what the hurry is. I know sooner is better, but this might even be too soon, there hasn't even been enough time that another set would have come out.

When Warlord died the first time, it was in January, and released at GenCon that year... And we don't have to worry about production and art

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:04 pm
DaemonLord Traitor
DaemonLord Traitor

NirvanaTool wrote:
SobolevKto wrote:
Malexin wrote:

When Warlord died the first time, it was in January, and released at GenCon that year... And we don't have to worry about production and art

Ya, the 5 months till gencon is more than enough time when you realize all the things they DONT have to do before the convention.

NirvanaTool wrote:
not starting during the given time frame up is like the "missionary position" of [Censor: Quack!] in Warlord - standard, no big deal.

Spam Bot wrote:
Temple imprisons an unsuccessful bull inside the super wolf. Whatever evolutionary brush chambers her giving entrance. Temple aims Reward program in the premise. Can Temple censor a common wood?

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:21 pm
Profile YIM
Rules Artiste
Rules Artiste

Draven wrote:
NirvanaTool wrote:
SobolevKto wrote:
Malexin wrote:

Ya, the 5 months till gencon is more than enough time when you realize all the things they DONT have to do before the convention.

He thinks it might be too soon in terms of the playable time between now(the final release of CoG) and then(new Set), but the normal time frame for new set and reset releases is 3-6 months. Which this fits well into that time frame.

Hedge

DP9K wrote:
John, I've pretty much bought majority of the things I have from Hedge. I probably wouldn't be playing still if not for him.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:29 pm
DaemonLord Traitor
DaemonLord Traitor

Hedge wrote:
He thinks it might be too soon in terms of the playable time between now(the final release of CoG) and then(new Set), but the normal time frame for new set and reset releases is 3-6 months. Which this fits well into that time frame.

Hedge

Ah. Well, in that case... What Hedge said :rofl:

Plus, its not even a full set that we have of full cards, its 3 decks and whatever AL is classified as..

NirvanaTool wrote:
not starting during the given time frame up is like the "missionary position" of [Censor: Quack!] in Warlord - standard, no big deal.

Spam Bot wrote:
Temple imprisons an unsuccessful bull inside the super wolf. Whatever evolutionary brush chambers her giving entrance. Temple aims Reward program in the premise. Can Temple censor a common wood?

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:50 pm
Profile YIM
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Hedge wrote:
Draven wrote:
NirvanaTool wrote:
SobolevKto wrote:
Malexin wrote:

Hedge

Yeah, that was basically the question.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:31 pm
Warlord
Warlord

Technically, cog was first released well over two years before next gencon so i dont see how its an issue. :lol: Think of it as the set we SHOULD have had by now.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:52 pm
Profile WWW
Initiate
Initiate

Asheville, NC group is in for whatever.

On a personal aside, I am chiming in for my support for "the Chosen" faction. I love them, and I enjoy playing them. (I finally really started to get good with them, and now they might go?! No way!)

Otherwise, I say keep it up guys, and however we can help!

Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next