View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jeremiah Uselton, 1980-2013 
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Post Jeremiah Uselton, 1980-2013
This is a sad post, but as a long time member of this community (and moderator) I thought you guys should be aware.

Malexin lost his battle with cancer today at 1400 CDT.

I will reply to this post with details about the church and funeral for anyone out there that might care.

I PMed Todd Rowland on Facebook.

I don't know anything else to say right now.

Edit: Memorial Services:

First Christian Church
402 E Noble Ave, Guthrie, OK 73044
1400 CDT Monday, August 19

Last edited by Navar on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:23 pm
Profile YIM
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Re: Malexin
This is terrible to hear... I didn't know malexin very well but we have had some awesome warlord battles, some as recently as last year at gencon. From what I did know, he was a great card player and one heck of a dude! He will be missed. My prayers are with his family and friends.. R.I.P.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:28 pm
Ain't afraid of no ghost!

This is very sad news indeed. I truly believed that Jeremiah could take on the world, just from the one time I had dinner with him. May he rest in peace.

I get to remind them that a governmental bureaucracy put a man on the moon.

The [Censor: Quack!] moon.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:21 pm
Profile YIM
Kavara's Vengeance
Kavara's Vengeance

Jeremiah was a dear friend and I loved him like a brother. The world will be just less without him. From the first time I met him at Archon, with breathweapon and that damn dragonlord. To his starter deck I kept getting hit with he was a great guy. I will miss him.

Defeated Medusan Lord, BH 743

So we should just nuke jersey from orbit, just to be sure.

Backstreet's back, alright.
66 pages and counting

Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:28 pm
GP Redemption Thrall
GP Redemption Thrall

We lost a good man today.

Everybody raise a glass to him tonight.

I know they'll be doing that in his honor at Gencon!

:beer:

Old age and treachery beats youth and skill.
No amount of preparation and expertise can compensate for sh*tty die rolls.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:29 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

I'm very saddened by this news, and didn't believe it until I checked his Facebook page. People are posting their goodbyes on his wall. I didn't even know he had cancer, as he did not post very much on FB, although he and I did have a couple chats there. He was always helpful and friendly, a high quality human being in both skill in Warlord and in character.

He will be missed. :(

Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:29 pm
Jester's Demise
Jester's Demise

R.I.p. I wish I got to no you better.

another gixu dead #2,Oneiroi slayer Gen Con
2013 Medusan Runner of Draxxon the stormbreaker
Gencon 2013 karz belgala slayer

Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:44 pm
GP Redemption Thrall
GP Redemption Thrall

I wanted to add...

Last year at Gencon, a group of us, including Jeremiah, got together for dinner one night. We had a great time talking, eating, drinking... and talking about eating and drinking!

Consider myself lucky to have had that great night!

And those of you who make it to St. Elmo's on Sunday night, raise one for him!

Old age and treachery beats youth and skill.
No amount of preparation and expertise can compensate for sh*tty die rolls.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:08 pm
DaemonLord Traitor
DaemonLord Traitor

I had the great fortune of meeting Jeremiah several times over the many years I've played warlord. He was always a joy to be around and to converse with, brightening up everyone he was around. Last year at GenCon I got to share a meal at St Elmo with him, as did many of you. I've got a few pictures of the event. I only have access to a few of them on this PC, but can upload a few more on Monday.

So this is for Jeremiah, who made my life better by just being in it, as I'm sure he did for everyone he met. Gonna miss you man.

http://i.imgur.com/aYJNzAW.jpg (note, this picture is huge for some unknown reason)

NirvanaTool wrote:
not starting during the given time frame up is like the "missionary position" of [Censor: Quack!] in Warlord - standard, no big deal.

Spam Bot wrote:
Temple imprisons an unsuccessful bull inside the super wolf. Whatever evolutionary brush chambers her giving entrance. Temple aims Reward program in the premise. Can Temple censor a common wood?

Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:25 pm
Profile YIM

Easily my favorite Warlord Sunday Meal last year. Jeremiah and I had our section of the table that looked like a steak-filled Thanksgiving. BECAUSE WE WERE MANLY MEN.

I get to remind them that a governmental bureaucracy put a man on the moon.

The [Censor: Quack!] moon.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:33 pm
Profile YIM
FreeK Puppeteer
FreeK Puppeteer

Jerimiah was one of the kindest and most intelligent people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. God bless you my friend.

Arven wrote:
So, yes, Warlord was is done "unprofessionally".

------------
magicsaleman wrote:
:shrug:

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:29 pm

RIP, Jeremiah. Gonna miss you, buddy.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don't. * Captain of Team Real California Cheese * Denizen of Anything * Order of the Doomed Liver - Strategic Inebriator

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:57 pm
Profile YIM
THUNDERMAKER!!!
THUNDERMAKER!!!

Jeremiah was one of my closest friends in the world. We haven't gone more than two or three days without talking in almost ten years. I am absolutely devastated over the loss of my friend.

If you're friends with Jeremiah on Facebook, you'll see a picture of him holding two big fish. We went on a fishing trip a few years ago, on a striped bass charter. We caught one striper between the two of us that wasn't big enough to keep. We were bringing up all the damn bluefish in the world but no stripers. So instead of coming home empty handed we started keeping these oily, [Censor: poo] bluefish. We cleaned em out back of my family's restaurant and my brother-in-law made some oreganata style and blackened the rest of em. We just had a great time on the boat catching those stupid bluefish. Didn't give a damn that we spent a hundred bucks each to catch arguably the worst eating fish in the sea, that we probably couldve caught right off the pier instead of on a boat ten miles off the coast. We just had a great time being together.

Back in April, Chris Vaccaro and I flew down to Oklahoma to visit Jeremiah and lift his spirits a bit. We went to all his favorite restaurants, we introduced Vaccaro to deep fried lamb testicles, Jeremiah showed us the stadium where he played high school football. We played cards every night. One night it was Ascension, another night he kicked me in the teeth with a House Martell deck that Chris Schoenthal helped him with. We left him seemingly with a lot of energy, but the signs were all there of someone who was far more sick than their outward appearance would indicate. The bottle of oxygen in the corner. The hospital bed in the living room. The walker, the urine jug.

We flew back to Jersey as optimistic as we could be, but quietly fearing the worst. I don't mind speaking for Vaccaro when I say that taking that trip to Oklahoma was the best decision of my life. I didn't want to believe that when we said goodbye it would be the last time, but I probably should have known better.

One last thing, right before I got married in 2007 a group of Warlord players got together and bought me a wedding present, which was my flight to GenCon. While I was there, Jeremiah was given a medusan lord, Archos Loth. After reading what Loth did, he called out my name. I walked over to the challenge table and he said, "Leech, give me a DL." I did, and he wrote on it, "Congrats on your marriage, I hope it lasts as long as you live. Jeremiah Uselton, Archos Loth Challenge #1."

We never got to take that trip to Vegas, or the Bourbon trail, or open that bar we always taked about, but the memories we made together will last as long as I live.

batesb wrote:
This is like sacrilege but...Jersey is Warlord.

bonefish wrote:
I've said it before & I'll say it again...if New Jersey stops playing then Warlord will cease to exist.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
Overlord in Training
Overlord in Training

sir bonefish wrote:
Jerimiah was one of the kindest and most intelligent people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. God bless you my friend.

Couldn't have said it better. I'm shocked and saddened by his passing, but I'm glad to have known him.

RIP Malexin.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:49 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Re: Jeremiah Uselton, 1980-2013
He will be missed. RIP.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next