View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
What did Warlord never give you that you wanted? 
Command Staff
Command Staff

Post What did Warlord never give you that you wanted?
Yup, still kicking around. Bots seem to be crowding in, but eh, I guess that's the new normal around here?

So, something else to ask. And feel free to throw in some kvetching as you please. Basically, as the title says. What did Warlord never do that you wanted?

I mean, besides have a balanced environment, live longer, not move to Thessyria randomly, etc. We know the -obvious- ones. How bout specifics?

Like, was disappointed we never got to finish the cycle to get a FreeK Wizard Warlord/Overlord. Loved the ideas of FreeK wizards, always wanted a Summoner, whether it was good/evil. I mean, we had a frigging -Medusan Lord- Summoner. But that kinda goes to the whole 'and thou shalt not have X class' that ruled the game for so long that I despised. Favored/Disfavored classes, sure, but come on, 6 factions, new warlord every set, we got -drowned- in FreeK rogues, Nothrog Fighters, Elf Wizards, etc.

Sad we never got a Nothrog Monk warlord either. The whole Monk/Mentalist thing was such a mess, trying to be their own class, then just becoming a cross class subclass. Like so many other ideas, the flavor was pretty neat, the execution was just poor.

Shame we never got to see Malrog in card form either. Sooo much stuff that was saved 'for the RPG' and then it flopped massively and meant so many things were held up for no reason.

And then a whole slew of story issues, but, yeah, that can be left for elsewhere.

So how bout you guys?

I have known scholars and shamen. I have seen holymen and madmen. I've conversed with sages and sinners. I've met heroes and villains. And in the end, I wonder, which am I?

Last edited by Elex on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Re: What did Warlord never give you that you wanted?
Never getting that Free kingdoms Warlord/Overlord was what I was waiting for all through 4E.

Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:14 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Although Sjonegaard managed to get his soul into Thekk Rockbender's body, I would have loved to have see him be able to in a story line construct a full new body for himself. That is perhaps the biggest one for me

Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:38 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

A Vampire Elf Warlord. Vampires were pretty well integrated into the WL RPG and the world of the Accordlands itself, it's a shame that the trait only ever showed up on a crappy unplayable Elf-that-was-actually-a-Merc.

Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:22 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

King Xod as a Dwarf overlord or Medusan Lord, maybe resurrected by Legion or something like that.

Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:03 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

More Paladin lore, backstory, cards... 4e brought some cool things into it, but the Blacksun and Terak Justicebringer just felt like something that was visited for the Good & Evil set, and then left alone... not enough good/evil mechanics either. :war:

Lost Paladin

Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:49 am
Profile WWW
Lava Shark
Lava Shark

More cowbell.

Also, I think I will remember the ML program more in frustration than in fun. It was a shambles on account of not having any hard and fast rules, and so much being left up to the individual runners...or not, when they felt pressured to make an appearance, or whatever. I never agreed with the idea of having ML's being run by anyone not employed by AEG, because, again, that pulled focus away from the program and made it a trophy thing for players. I also think there were just way too many of them. :shrug:

-nihil

Arven wrote:
You are correct on all counts.

Yamauta wrote:
Thank you Nihil. That badass post was one of the most informative posts I've ever seen here...

Fintago wrote:
...Nihil...When someone puts a keyboard in front of you, you become the worst kind of person. I mean Christ.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:06 am
Profile WWW
Nekomancer
Nekomancer

I'm sure there was stuff I never got around to doing that would have been fun.
Although I'm still not sure if the summoning mechanic was bad for the game or not since I played very little 4e =\

Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:21 pm
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Summoning was really bad for the game. I love it because it's powerful, but it's too good in a game where you can't really have more than 25 characters in your deck. I have a Ruash-Shan summons deck that makes way too many characters for your opponent to ever hope to keep up.

2017 GenCon Ancients Event - 4th & Top Elf
"We're just like Kevin Bacon!" - Anton Cyldragen
nilonka wrote:
there are five people on this website anymore, Woodrow: me you, Nihil, Wendy, and they guy who loves Trench as a warlord. You can't afford to disagree. WE NEED THESE TOURNEY KITS!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]