View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
OrcCon 2012 - LA - Campaign Kickoff 
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

Post OrcCon 2012 - LA - Campaign Kickoff
I figure someone should get a thread going, and I am on here more often than Fred (who is running the events).

Events on the Schedule:

Saturday 10 AM - Turncoat

Saturday 3 PM - Singles (Campaign event)

Nothing on the official Schedule for Friday or Sunday - anyone got a plan? I will have the box of Dragonlords on hand.

Without the PDF link to Tommy's Turncoat rules we should specify if Sub-race (Stormwraith, Gargoyle, Undead, Lycanthrope, Siege, Monster, Thrall/Daemon) rules are in effect.

Richard Carter - 2002 (Scrub player), 2003 (undefeated Swiss with Kerebrus), 2004 (4th at KOHIT with Dezicrah), 2005 (Dragonlord & World Conquest Team), 2006 (Editor, PDT member, & Majeral runner), 2007 ( Medusan Lord, & Bobby Zebrowski's Hero), 2008 (Ghed Jaroslav, Soul of the Storm, 4e Design Team), 2009 (Soul of the Storm falls, Gixu the Jester rises), 2010 (Jernar Thanatoc falls), 2011 (Bobby Zebrowski's sloppy second Gixu), 2012 (Driver of Atu the Fallen)

Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:53 pm
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson

Post Re: OrcCon 2012 - LA - Campaign Kickoff
Kerebrus wrote:
Without the PDF link to Tommy's Turncoat rules we should specify if Sub-race (Stormwraith, Gargoyle, Undead, Lycanthrope, Siege, Monster, Thrall/Daemon) rules are in effect.

Well...specify! :P Also how are the Chosen working?

Kasugoan's Redemption • Slayer of the Silvered Fount • Warlord Story Team, Retired • Order of the Doomed Liver-Darth Cider • 2009 ToL Keeper Fantasy League Champion • 2010 & 2011 ToL Football Pick 'em Champion
Draven (about DP9K) wrote:
Psh, im from kentucky. I rode him for YEARS

Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:02 pm
Profile YIM
Rules Artiste
Rules Artiste

AragornRoR wrote:
Kerebrus wrote:

I have a thought on that one. It comes from Sal'azar the new Promo Merc Warlord. Why not use some text that is similar. Character that have no traits other than the Faction Trait Gain the Thraw trait. Then Swap The sub race for Daemon.

Hedge

DP9K wrote:
John, I've pretty much bought majority of the things I have from Hedge. I probably wouldn't be playing still if not for him.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:07 am
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

that can make for a LOT of Thralls.

Richard Carter - 2002 (Scrub player), 2003 (undefeated Swiss with Kerebrus), 2004 (4th at KOHIT with Dezicrah), 2005 (Dragonlord & World Conquest Team), 2006 (Editor, PDT member, & Majeral runner), 2007 ( Medusan Lord, & Bobby Zebrowski's Hero), 2008 (Ghed Jaroslav, Soul of the Storm, 4e Design Team), 2009 (Soul of the Storm falls, Gixu the Jester rises), 2010 (Jernar Thanatoc falls), 2011 (Bobby Zebrowski's sloppy second Gixu), 2012 (Driver of Atu the Fallen)

Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:16 am
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

AragornRoR wrote:
Kerebrus wrote:

The Chosen don't work...they have slaves for that.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:21 pm
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

so - since my in-laws are staying at the Casa de Carter Thursday night, I will not have the option of staying up all night deck prepping as I am often prone to do. (and prone on the floor after) (unless I want to hang out in the cold garage and be eatten by mosquitos :thumbsdown: )
this means either I fix / adjust / make brand new decks before I mosey out the door Friday, or I take a portable playset.
that also means that anyone SoCal way looking to borrow cards best speak up.

and I have to find some level of genius for my Turncoat deck.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:35 pm
Head of Insanity Division

Kerebrus wrote:

I thought Turncoat always changed the racial traits.

And for The Chosen, I don't recall what was done at GenCon, but I suggest that anyone becoming a Chosen warlord only affect Daemons. And any Chosen warlord going to another faction swap out both for the new trait (yeah, Nin-Gula sucks this way, oh well). :shrug:

Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:49 pm
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

yep - those are Tommy's rules. My original rules had turning Chosen become Thrall - but Daemon is more balanced.
makes Alera, Shah'syss, Morghen, and Lady of Pain interesting, because with the right change up they become Siege, Stormwraith, Daemon, or Gargoyle, depending. Father Jourdain can make anything in his army into a Planar Lycanthrope?

Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Kerebrus wrote:
Father Jourdain can make anything in his army into a Planar Lycanthrope?

Nothrog = planar siege = what is this, spelljammer?
Elf = planar undead = zzz... huh? sorry, fell asleep for a second there
Freek = planar lycans = Underworld meets the Underverse
Merc = planar monster = welcome back, abyssals
Dwarf = planar gargoyle = all I'll say is stonefist, baby
Chosen = planar daemon = I'd like a super-sized order of Redu Firam with onion rings, please.

:rofl:

Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:26 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

So how did it go?

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:28 pm

8 people. I won with Rabinus the Elder, Rami was second with Robert weenie rush, Carter third with Taisia ranged.

Kasugoan's Redemption • Slayer of the Silvered Fount • Warlord Story Team, Retired • Order of the Doomed Liver-Darth Cider • 2009 ToL Keeper Fantasy League Champion • 2010 & 2011 ToL Football Pick 'em Champion
Draven (about DP9K) wrote:
Psh, im from kentucky. I rode him for YEARS

Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:15 pm
Profile YIM
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

Heather won the Turncoat with the Scyrax Chosen Daemon Cavalry.
I got third in that event as well, with Mercenary Thalaasa (Sauguin Raider assault).
I forget who got second in the Turncoat event.

Utnapishtim plowed over the field - might need to drop it's start down to one scribed spell.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:33 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Kerebrus wrote:
Heather won the Turncoat with the Scyrax Chosen Daemon Cavalry.
I got third in that event as well, with Mercenary Thalaasa (Sauguin Raider assault).
I forget who got second in the Turncoat event.

Utnapishtim plowed over the field - might need to drop it's start down to one scribed spell.

I know it's little notice but since it is easier on players you want me to try that this saturday?

Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:30 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

AragornRoR wrote:
8 people. I won with Rabinus the Elder, Rami was second with Robert weenie rush, Carter third with Taisia ranged.

I was 4th with Raclesis Dragon-Drop Uber. Dark horse deck, I know, but the synergy was missed by design, and Melon was begging me not to build it and crush them all. So, I took out the Desecrations that allowed Rabinous to win. I got diced in the first round of the Top 4.

I am telling you, a planar 25 AC Raclesis is a scary thing....with Magic Resistance to boot!

I was beat by potion of vigor, too. I mean, who even knew THAT card was good? huh? bet none of you did...

kthx.

Malexin wrote:
There is a food chain. I am on top of it.

Malexin wrote:
...seed your tomato, for the love of god, seed your tomatoes...

Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]