View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
OKLAHOMA'S WHATEVER CAMPAIGN THIS IS!!!! 
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Post OKLAHOMA'S WHATEVER CAMPAIGN THIS IS!!!!
WHATEVER CAMPAIGN THIS IS will be at LITTLE SHOPPE OF GAMES (http://www.littleshoppeofgames.com/)on the 31st of March!

Time will be 12:30p.m.
Entry fee will be $15

Also taking challenges will be:

Cortin Lye
Drasek Resplendant
Drasek the Furious
Pog'myrmex

within 3 miles there is
Sonic
Taco Rico
Church's
Wendy's
Pei Wei
Chili's
Snow Pea (Chinese Food)
and many bars

See you there

---BryaNewton---

P.S. any Q's just give me a call at (405)245-4720

Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:01 am
Initiate
Initiate

Post Re: OKLAHOMA'S WHATEVER CAMPAIGN THIS IS!!!!
poshmont of sharn wrote:
WHATEVER CAMPAIGN THIS IS will be at LITTLE SHOPPE OF GAMES (http://www.littleshoppeofgames.com/)on the 31st of March!

Time will be 12:30p.m.
Entry fee will be $15

Also taking challenges will be:

Cortin Lye
Drasek Resplendant
Drasek the Furious
Pog'myrmex

within 3 miles there is
Sonic
Taco Rico
Church's
Wendy's
Pei Wei
Chili's
Snow Pea (Chinese Food)
and many bars

See you there

---BryaNewton---

P.S. any Q's just give me a call at (405)245-4720

OOOOOOOOYYYAAAAAAAAA! :fight: :fist: :plotting:

Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:25 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

How did the event go?

2012 NJ Winter Campaign - First place (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 4 Singles (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 2 Doubles (Set'Rokh/King Alaric)

Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:11 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

It was a great blast! Thanks to everyone who showed up, especially Bryan and Tobias!

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:44 pm
Profile YIM
Raath's End
Raath's End

It was great to see everyone.

I didn't make it in time to play in the event, but I took down a big Drasek w/ Winter, so its all good.

Aristotle wrote:
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

Kerebrus wrote:
That Malexin and his fancy logic :hypnotized:

Emerald Dawn wrote:
Death, Taxes and The San Diego Chargers [Censor: poo] the bed when its time to come through in the clutch

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:10 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Anybody have details for the event like top 8, who won the whole thing, what lords fell, decklists, etc...???

Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:53 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

I'll post my stuff either tonight or tomorrow night. Everything will be by memory, so details may be a bit fuzzy and the report will be short. I hate reading short reports, but alas, this is what it comes to.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:25 pm
Profile YIM
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Ok, here's my tournament report.

I'm playing an old favorite of mine, Queen Yahia. She was my go-to wizard before Menhetiri came along and I decided it was time to go back. Decklist at the bottom.

Round 1
My first match was against Aaron Burns and his stellar Sir Robert of Andover deck. His was a strong level 3 and lower face punching deck and he was definitely able to get many, MANY people on the front rank against my dwindling army. Unfortunately, the downside to Robert is that he's strongest in the front rank, where he has a giant target painted on him. Between the feeble swings (against his 25+ AC), will saves, and meager attempts at spell slinging, I was on the ropes constantly. Fortunately, Cloak of the Leech got my spells up to +6, and that's what saved me from bloody slaughter both games.
Record: 1-0-0 (2-0 match)

Round 2
I believe Josh King, aka Slugman, was my next opponent. He was playing Zul'tan Bloodletter, so the wizards' duel was on! I don't think I saw more than a handful of non-level ones come out of his deck, which was both good and bad for me. Good because they're squishy, but bad because they don't swing very hard when they fail my check. What am I talking about? These are Nothrog! Even the level 1s get ridiculously high swings! So, that's how both games went. I threw spells and swung, so did he. But my advantage was making his own guys punch him in the face. And that small edge won me both games.
2-0-0 (2-0 match)

Round 3
Bryan Newton, aka Poshmont of Sharn. His deck was brutal. I don't really remember details except for a lot of blood and pieces of flesh flying through the air. Flesh from those in my army. The death screams still fill my ears as I sit in the tranquil garden of my ancient family home. The stench fills my nostrils to this day, and I awaken from terrors nightly. The visions! When will they stop??? Ahem. He played Brymin of the Marches and would get beefy quick before running to the front. Everything I threw at him missed or was defended. A few wounds were placed but the tempo advantage he had between the warlord and all the red cards sealed the deal.
2-1-0 (0-2 match)

Round 4
Dow "Jones" Foster was my final opponent in Swiss. He played The Bloody Mistress in a lower level uber kind of way. It surpassed all of my previous mockery and preconceptions. Basically, there's a right way to play her and a wrong way. He played her RIGHT. Three Enhes starting to get eaten for initiative and give a bonus was unexpected. Game one went completely wrong for me as he tore through my army and eventually ate my warlord's lunch. Game two, he was not so fortunate. Cloak of the Leech was back with a vengeance and allowed me to chew threw 25+ AC (again). Game three was quite tense, but my slowly building army and his sudden missing with everything landed me a victory.
3-1-0 (2-1 match)

Top 4
Once again, I face off against Mr. Jones. The first game was a back and forth brawl fest between my guys and his warlord. I killed every support character he could throw at me so that he couldn't get stronger or do stupid things with Amends. Fortunately, The Bloody Mistress was all about helping me, and failed quite a few rolls to slaughter her own people. The only mistake that might have cost him the game was replacing his ever-growing armor with a not-so-reliable armor that grew with spells. That, coupled with Green Hags and spend order Icy Surges, allowed me to take control of the game and win out. The second match was quite sad as his first action of the game was to pass. All actions triggering off of killing my guys fill his hand. I was able to stun him to the front quickly and put an end to it.
2-0

Final
My final opponent was playing Winter Eternal. While I have no doubt that his deck was strong (he's in the top 2, after all), his low AC is no match for the sheer number of spells I'm throwing around. There were a few times when he played Soothing Waters or the like, but they only delayed the inevitable. I only once ever wounded him while spent so as not to trigger the react. By focusing fire on his warlord and throwing meat to occupy his minions, I was able to pull out a 2-0 victory and take first place. Great times!

Deck list:

Queen Yahia
Bosun Blacknose
Biting West Wind
Brine Fiend x3

Judge Aeacus x3
Burning Basilisk x3
Green Hag x3
The Sable Knight
Takson the Intricate
Bem Kaundodo
Paymaster Corr
Lady Ersane
Fylgia x3
Harun Qadir x2

Icy Surge x3
Hallucination x2
Counterspell x3
Incinerate x3
Disintegrate x3
Necklace of Spell Storing
Cloak of the Leech x2
Incendiary Glove
Dark Heart of Kylnion
Curious Mephit x2
Ring of Vorn x2
Whirlwind Ring
Phantasmal Steed

Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:37 pm
Profile YIM
Initiate
Initiate

I decided to run something different for this campaign event. Cutthroat low level blitz has always been my addiction of choice when playing Warlord but from my experience with 4E, build seems to be more stable then the previous 3 sets of Warlord. So I thought, screw it. I will play something that no one at the tourney will expect: “Bloody Countless rush to the front slow uber.”
Without further ado, here is the deck list (I cannot for the life of me get the tags to work.)

Start:
Bloody Countess
The Plentiful (Should have been Split-Tongue )
Wailing Scrambler
Enhe x3

Movement:
Griffon of Misear x3
Sudden Reversal x3
Close Ranks x3

Actions:
Bear's Soul x3
Risk's Reward x2
Pillage x1
Great Cleave x1
Obliterate x1
Blood for Blood x1
Massacre x1
Inspiring Strike x1

Characters:
Amends x3
Harem Guard x3
Winti x1'
Wailing Scrambler x1
The Plentiful x1
Mistress Alhana x2

Items:
Bruntor's Helm x1
Weapon Breaker x1
Engraved Plate x1
Fiendish Plate x1
Ghoststeel Gauntlets x1
Red Steel Gauntlets x1
Havat-lahn Stance x1
Wyvern Gem x1
Greaves x1
Belt of Bear x1
Squire's Banner x1
Common Blade x1
Panthera x1

I put this deck together trying to anticipate what was going to be played. At the last minute swapped out Fist's of Kor for Red Steel Gauntlets and Xantin's Ward for Weapon Breaker. I gambled on there being some wizards at the tourney and boy was I right.

1st round: Mike from Texas playing Winter the only way he should be played: Fast, many strikes & just the right amount of healing. First game he blew right through me. After making several low rolls my opponent made a 19 with Winter and backbiter equipped followed by another 19. My 24 AC was not quite high enough. The 2nd game went longer and I was able to pull Weapon Breaker and destroy Backbiter. Won initiative (after many turns) and proceeded to roll 3 evens for the win. Otherwise I would have been in trouble. Match ended in a 1-1 tie as time was called before we could finish the 3rd rgame.
Record: 0-0-1

2nd round: Greg from my play group playing Thekk level 1 & 2 ready tech and AC skill boost with a bit of healing. First match went about 45 mins. I had all my items equipped and slowly chewing through his dwarfs. Ghoststeel Gauntlets swings + about 14 items + Common Blade = pain. Finally hit Thekk in the face and won the game after killing almost every character in his deck. 2nd game ended in a tie as time was called.
Record: 1-0-1

3rd round: Martin from Texas playing Bloodletter spell & level 1 weenie blitz. His deck was fast but really no way to counter my high AC except for his Cloak of the Leech. 1st game he blitzes fast and has no problem rolling 18's and 19's and I am dead by turn 3. 2nd game he does not roll as well and I chew through his weenies but it is always a sweat out with Bloodletters as he can cast spells even if he is just 1 rank away. 3rd game ended in a tie as we ran out of time.
Record :1-0-2

4th round: Tom from my play group Queen Yahia meat dropper spell blitz. I know exactly what was in his deck and it made me very uneasy. A uphill battle was in front of me and all I could do was hope for the best. 1st game and I thought I had him easy. I had him in the power I formation but he rolled high several times and killed me. 2nd game went better with me equipping Red Steel Gauntlets first turn and slowly whittle him away. Finally after swinging and swinging the Queen fell up front and I finished her. 3rd game ended in a tie with only a couple of turns being played.
Record :1-0-3

So after 4 rounds I have 1 win and 3 ties. Crazy day for Warlord as I make the cut into top 4 earning the 3rd spot and winning the top Chosen for the tournament (my main goal) and receiving the Chosen Faction Super Weapon. Boy did it feel good but then the top 4 pairings were announced: Tom had finished 2nd with Queen Yahia and he was my opponent. I felt very fortunate to tie him in swiss.
The first game went on and on. He put a couple of wounds on the Countess and I was chewing through his army. I made a huge mistake when I had 7 charges on the Fiendish Plate and many items equipped including my Ghoststeel Gauntlet's. I was still waiting for Common Blade. I ended up switching out the Fiendish Plate for Engraved Plate x1 and once he had 3 Green Hags out, coupled with rolling high, it was downhill from there. After receiving my -6 via the Green Hag trio, I took a conjure Storm to the Face for my last wound. Game 2 went even worse. I lost initiative (+12) and drew no movement. I started to claw back slowly after being stunned the first turn but ending up being stunned 3 turns back to back to back from Icy Surge. My rolling low on DC checks curse that I had manged to dodge most of the tournament was back in full force. I even consistently started failing the Queen’s checks and punching my own guys in the face. A sad day indeed. He even got around my Engraved Plate with all 3 Green Hags. Makes Countess very sad.

The 3rd place match was against Bloodletter again and I got my face rolled. A Ballstia to the face via a natural 20 game 1 finished me off. I was stunned. I was like, “But I had 31 AC... :(
2nd game I failed Bloodletters DC check 3 times and Ball Lighting once and that was all she wrote.

I had a ton of fun playing the Countess; even with how slow she played. All in all the event was a blast and I have retooled the Countess and she works much smoother now. I did manage to bag a tricked out Pog and I put 4 wounds on the Boat. Next time boat, next time. :war:

Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]