View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
KublaCon 2012 
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Re: KublaCon 2012
Thanks to everyone who came to Kubla, and to Rich and Mike for running another great set of events. Sorry if I didn't get to say goodbyes to everyone, people weren't all hanging out near Rich (oh my). :rofl:

Unfortunately, I failed to down Atu, but I did have him on the ropes, and came close in he 2nd challenge (an 11+ for 8 wounds with Rabbi Zon). No close calls with Eresh.

See you all next year.

Sun May 27, 2012 7:57 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Someone list some reports. I love tourny reports!

2012 Kentucky Halloween Tournament - Top Elf
"We're just like Kevin Bacon!" - Anton Cyldragen
nilonka wrote:
there are five people on this website anymore, Woodrow: me you, Nihil, Wendy, and they guy who loves Trench as a warlord. You can't afford to disagree. WE NEED THESE TOURNEY KITS!!!!!

Sun May 27, 2012 8:06 pm
n00b
n00b

Kublacon was AWESOME!! Carter, you're the man by the way. The only bummer is knowing that Warlord is a dead game...might be time to jump into Game of Thrones

Mon May 28, 2012 7:44 am
n00b
n00b

Tons of fun...only...

So. Many. Winter. Decks.

Mon May 28, 2012 1:15 pm
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson

Awesome time indeed, good to meet new people & reunite with old friends. LOL @ "Almost killed Atu, not close to Eresh"...yikes.

Joey, hit me up if you wanna know about Thrones.

Kasugoan's Redemption • Slayer of the Silvered Fount • Warlord Story Team, Retired • Order of the Doomed Liver-Darth Cider • 2009 ToL Keeper Fantasy League Champion • 2010 & 2011 ToL Football Pick 'em Champion
Draven (about DP9K) wrote:
Psh, im from kentucky. I rode him for YEARS

Mon May 28, 2012 8:19 pm
Profile YIM
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

Quick Tourney Reports and results - I don't have notes with me, but if someone needs more details, speak up.

Friday Night Field Promotion:
My Pridayn Glyn pile of Poison Saves trickery falls flat on its face when my opponent refuses to fail many frequent saves.
Final two came from Yuba City with a mission: Ghed Kazouf fell to the might of Getraxos in an epic match.

Main "Winter" Campaign event:
16 participants, not a dwarf in the field, but we did have 3 Winter, Eternals. Finals was Sean from Yuba City with Winter, Eternal against Erik from Medford, OR running Khilkameth. Khilkameth's recycling of everything proved too much for the even Winter's vaunted power.

Saturday Ancients event:
Down a number of potential participants due to the lure of Korean BBQ, our field of 10 was still full of dirty decks. I was not running this particular event and ended up undefeated with Cathel Rowan - but since I was providing the prize support from my own secret stash of old school overlords, I tepped back and let number two and three battle for the prize. And my memory is faulty on who and what proved victorious.

Sunday Doubles:
not officially running the event, I recruited joeyconto to be my partner and got to work rebuilding the Purple People Eater decks - Naram-Sin and Nin-Gula. the addition of Redu Zayed made things Ridiculous. And when Nin-Gula Dominates Naram-Sin, stand back and hope you don't get anything on you.

Challenges:
no loses on the weekend. Utnapishtim achieved ramming speed, Eresh proved to be a hungry, hungry Daemon, and no Dragonlords were troubled.
Atu the Fallen took several challenges, facing off against the auto-magic that is Day of the Raven. Barin_Wrath (Joe Papp) got too close for my comfort, lining up an 11 or better for 8 wounds against Atu - but the dice gods gave me a stay of execution - blessing Joe's die with the ever equalizing "1".

and in a fun game, a highlander jank Inquisitor Chyre faced off against an Alisarra Dragonlord / Supremus drop deck and nearly came away with it - silly Ravenwild. when Supremus needs a 17+ to hit you, you know you are doing something right.

Richard Carter - 2002 (Scrub player), 2003 (undefeated Swiss with Kerebrus), 2004 (4th at KOHIT with Dezicrah), 2005 (Dragonlord & World Conquest Team), 2006 (Editor, PDT member, & Majeral runner), 2007 ( Medusan Lord, & Bobby Zebrowski's Hero), 2008 (Ghed Jaroslav, Soul of the Storm, 4e Design Team), 2009 (Soul of the Storm falls, Gixu the Jester rises), 2010 (Jernar Thanatoc falls), 2011 (Bobby Zebrowski's sloppy second Gixu), 2012 (Driver of Atu the Fallen)

Tue May 29, 2012 1:13 pm
n00b
n00b

Only 3 Winters!?!?!?!?

How the hell did I end up facing 5 then? All 3 in the matches then 2 more in the finals (again) I guess. Man...so...much...planar... :P

Tue May 29, 2012 2:16 pm
n00b
n00b

Saturday Ancients was Behlial smashing Sir Robert the Vigilant

Tue May 29, 2012 3:38 pm
Initiate
Initiate

Kubla was completely amazing. Thanks to Rich for hosting it, and everyone for attending.

Now, to go look for GenCon Plane tickets......

Tue May 29, 2012 11:46 pm
n00b
n00b

Twas truly an epic weekend. There was a lot of winter. But to be fair it is winter campaign. Lol. And field promotion was off the hook. Saw some nice phoenix rising decks and some truly peculiar decks. But you cant beat my planar rush deck. We need to make getraxos a warlord. Haha. And joey. Warlord will never die. Lol

Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
Initiate
Initiate

Douglas Hammerfal wrote:
Twas truly an epic weekend. There was a lot of winter. But to be fair it is winter campaign. Lol. And field promotion was off the hook. Saw some nice phoenix rising decks and some truly peculiar decks. But you cant beat my planar rush deck. We need to make getraxos a warlord. Haha. And joey. Warlord will never die. Lol

:agree:

Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4