View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
KublaCon 2012 
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

Post KublaCon 2012
Campaign @ KublaCon
Plus other mayhem

Friday 6pm - 4e Field promotion tournament - this time we do Field promotion and "May not equip items" sticks. Am I going to be bringing back Highlander Amr Qadir?

Saturday 10am - 4e Campaign event - and the Boat of course.

Saturday 6pm - Ancients - the annual West Coast Jank-a-thon

Sunday 10am - 4e Doubles.

and this just in - Atu the Fallen will be on hand to recruit new undead for his Army of Doom

http://www.kublacon.com

Richard Carter - 2002 (Scrub player), 2003 (undefeated Swiss with Kerebrus), 2004 (4th at KOHIT with Dezicrah), 2005 (Dragonlord & World Conquest Team), 2006 (Editor, PDT member, & Majeral runner), 2007 ( Medusan Lord, & Bobby Zebrowski's Hero), 2008 (Ghed Jaroslav, Soul of the Storm, 4e Design Team), 2009 (Soul of the Storm falls, Gixu the Jester rises), 2010 (Jernar Thanatoc falls), 2011 (Bobby Zebrowski's sloppy second Gixu), 2012 (Driver of Atu the Fallen)

Last edited by Kerebrus on Wed May 02, 2012 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:01 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Re: KublaCon 2012
Will the WC promos be legal for any of the Kubla events? These would be the boat, two promo daemons and boots, I believe.

Thanks

Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:45 am
Initiate
Initiate

Well, it looks like a full car of 5 heading to the kubla. :)

And joeyconto from Vegas is going as well.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:05 pm
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

4e promos - I say smoke em if you've got them.

this just in Atu the Fallen will be recruiting new undead legions from the ranks of the foolish.

Richard Carter - 2002 (Scrub player), 2003 (undefeated Swiss with Kerebrus), 2004 (4th at KOHIT with Dezicrah), 2005 (Dragonlord & World Conquest Team), 2006 (Editor, PDT member, & Majeral runner), 2007 ( Medusan Lord, & Bobby Zebrowski's Hero), 2008 (Ghed Jaroslav, Soul of the Storm, 4e Design Team), 2009 (Soul of the Storm falls, Gixu the Jester rises), 2010 (Jernar Thanatoc falls), 2011 (Bobby Zebrowski's sloppy second Gixu), 2012 (Driver of Atu the Fallen)

Wed May 02, 2012 10:18 am
Initiate
Initiate

Can you clarify for what the "field promotion" is?

I'm assuming it's just like, "class is in session", and others, but with a different variation??

Thu May 03, 2012 12:21 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Rich can clarify if I'm not 100% correct here.

Field promotion is a variant where you take a 5th level or 4th level multi-class character without the warlord trait and use them as your Warlord. They must be format legal (i.e. 4e character pool if the event is 4e legal).

Thu May 03, 2012 1:08 pm
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

Joe has the most of it.

Warlord is a level 5 or character that normally enters play in rank 5 non-Warlord character.
The deck may not contain other copies of that character (no 3 King Dukaults).
restrictions on item equipping will NOT be relaxed. If you want to play Dark Monolith, you on't be equipping anything to it.

I do not suggest Paymaster Corr as your warlord.

what about Amon-Ka? I don't see anything inherently abusive with combining Chosen and Elves, but for the purposes of this event, Amon-Ka is going to have to decide which of the two teams he is going to play for.

Thu May 03, 2012 2:44 pm
Initiate
Initiate

Ahhhh that makes complete sense. Well, I've made my deck for the event.

I am all ready to go. Now, it's just counting the days..... :(

Thu May 03, 2012 9:24 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Do you have a schedule for taking Atu challenges? Since I'm leaving on Sunday, I'd hate to lose out to challenging him because you are waiting until after the last event on Sunday. :P

Sat May 12, 2012 7:23 pm
n00b
n00b

Holy Hell I might actually be able to get my butt down here for this (on extremly short notice even!).

This would be my first Kubla so I'd like to ask: Mainly I see on the Kubla schedule a "Players/Time" spot. Most are at 16/4. I'm mostly concerned that, as Warlord will be my primary reason for going, I won't get in. Is this the case or is it if more people show you can accomadate them?

Also for the Doubles: Are you setting up teams the morning of or are we looking for partners before hand?

Also: What is (or where can I find) the hours the con in general is open? I'm looking at the schedule and can't find times for general open...erm...ness...

Related: How many people are generally around to play Warlord beyond the actual tournaments (and challenges)? I'm quite the night-owl and cannot get enough of the game (and am, unfortunatly lacking a play-group now... :cry: )

Last thing: Is there food at the con itself? Is it included in the badge price (doubtful)? If not how is it's price:deliciousness ratio and nearby fast food?

As I am a glaring Kubla (and con in general) noob feel free to let me know anything else I should know!

Wed May 16, 2012 12:13 am
Initiate
Initiate

OfTheDark wrote:
Holy Hell I might actually be able to get my butt down here for this (on extremly short notice even!).

This would be my first Kubla so I'd like to ask: Mainly I see on the Kubla schedule a "Players/Time" spot. Most are at 16/4. I'm mostly concerned that, as Warlord will be my primary reason for going, I won't get in. Is this the case or is it if more people show you can accomadate them?

Also for the Doubles: Are you setting up teams the morning of or are we looking for partners before hand?

Also: What is (or where can I find) the hours the con in general is open? I'm looking at the schedule and can't find times for general open...erm...ness...

Related: How many people are generally around to play Warlord beyond the actual tournaments (and challenges)? I'm quite the night-owl and cannot get enough of the game (and am, unfortunatly lacking a play-group now... :cry: )

Last thing: Is there food at the con itself? Is it included in the badge price (doubtful)? If not how is it's price:deliciousness ratio and nearby fast food?

As I am a glaring Kubla (and con in general) noob feel free to let me know anything else I should know!

lol, I kinda feel like asking the same questions myself, considering that this is my first Kubla too lol.

Wed May 16, 2012 12:54 am
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson

KublaCon is an awesome time! I hope you can make it down :) I'll do my best to answer your questions.

Quote:

No, the Warlord tournament will not 'sell out'- if you show up you will be allowed to play.
Quote:

Either way- if there is someone you know who will be there, you can work together to synergize your decks, but there are always people hanging around looking for a doubles partner.
Quote:

Depends completely on what you mean by this. Do you mean gaming? It's 24 hours a day for the entire weekend. Do you mean the dealer hall? That's usually 10-6 or something like that.
Quote:

I'm sure you will be able to find at least a few pickup games over the course of the weekend. Rich Carter is legendary for his ability to play for many hours continuously, for instance.
Quote:

There is technically food at the Con, yes. It's expensive and terrible. If you bring a car, there is stuff within close driving distance, but not really much within walking distance.

The one concern I would have is that they may already be sold out of hotel rooms, so you may have to look at the Holiday Inn or a couple of the other nearby hotels for accomodations. Maybe someone will split a room with you to make it easier.

Hope this helps!

Kasugoan's Redemption • Slayer of the Silvered Fount • Warlord Story Team, Retired • Order of the Doomed Liver-Darth Cider • 2009 ToL Keeper Fantasy League Champion • 2010 & 2011 ToL Football Pick 'em Champion
Draven (about DP9K) wrote:
Psh, im from kentucky. I rode him for YEARS

Wed May 16, 2012 3:20 am
Profile YIM
n00b
n00b

Woot! Just pre-ordered my badge. Can't wait!

Something else I thought of: Because of my oft lamented lack of a playgroup I haven't gotten any Ancient Lore or new CoG cards. Is there going to be anyone in the dealer room or flea market for me to pick up cards from at the last minute? I shouldn't need too many of the new cards so would there also be any people wanting overlords or a dragon lord for challenges that would be looking to trade for them?

Edit: I'll likely be at a different hotel. Do they charge for parking even if you're there for the con?

Fri May 18, 2012 3:18 am

OfTheDark wrote:
Woot! Just pre-ordered my badge. Can't wait!

Something else I thought of: Because of my oft lamented lack of a playgroup I haven't gotten any Ancient Lore or new CoG cards. Is there going to be anyone in the dealer room or flea market for me to pick up cards from at the last minute? I shouldn't need too many of the new cards so would there also be any people wanting overlords or a dragon lord for challenges that would be looking to trade for them?

Edit: I'll likely be at a different hotel. Do they charge for parking even if you're there for the con?

Re card availability: No one in the dealer hall will have Warlord cards, but Don will be there and I can ask him to bring whatever you need.

Re parking, I am not 100% certain but I suspect that it is likely they will charge you. Try to get a hotel within walking distance if possible.

Kasugoan's Redemption • Slayer of the Silvered Fount • Warlord Story Team, Retired • Order of the Doomed Liver-Darth Cider • 2009 ToL Keeper Fantasy League Champion • 2010 & 2011 ToL Football Pick 'em Champion
Draven (about DP9K) wrote:
Psh, im from kentucky. I rode him for YEARS

Fri May 18, 2012 3:37 am
Profile YIM
n00b
n00b

Okay I've figured out what I need as far as cards go. What Don can bring would be the new APS's I could buy from him correct?

For the Field promotion tourney do you have to feild promote someone? I've got one in mind but I might just rather run a regular 4e deck...

Sat May 19, 2012 12:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next