View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Monterey, CA February Tournament 
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Monterey, CA February Tournament
Where: My home (PM for more info)
When: February 2, noon - 6

Sorry for the late posting, it has been a rough time getting everyone on the same page for this month.

For the foreseeable future, I'll be running the events out of my house. There were some issues with last minute changes/no communication for the December event on the store's part that I don't want to worry about going forward.

It will be the usual rounds of Swiss followed by single elimination rounds if necessary. This will determine challenge order for the OLs. It is a 4e event, allowing the 4eX cards.

OLs will be Winter, Eternal and Sal'azar the Gilded. I do not have copies of these OLs to give away however, so, should one fall, I'll award a different OL from the ones I do have available.

Last edited by Barin_Wrath on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:18 am, edited 12 times in total.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:43 pm
Initiate
Initiate

Post Re: Moterey, CA 4e Tournament
I will talk to the friends in Yuba about attending this. :)

Ancients possibly??

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:56 am
Initiate
Initiate

Post Re: Moterey, CA 4e Tournament
SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTING :cry: :cry: :cry:

You spelled "Monterey" incorrectly.
It's the perfectionist in me. :sad:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:58 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Re: Monterey, CA 4e Tournament
Fixed the spelling in the title.

I'd like to do something Ancients eventually, but the majority of the group here are new to 4e and have only 4e cards. I'm thinking about "widening" the pool in the group by giving out non-4e prizes, and allowing them top integrate them into their decks. This would ease them into it.

The problem I've found with taking players only experienced in the limited formats (i.e. 4e in this case), is that, unless they net deck, they don't really have a way to build good/competitive decks. They may see a Warlord that they like, but don't know what cards to look for/use to maximize that WL, so they end up with a mediocre deck (let alone the number of look good on paper, suck in execution warlords there are).

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:21 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Re: Monterey, CA 4e Helloween Tournament
Updated first post.

Due to scheduling conflicts, I'll be running the November event at my house. I'll get us back into the store next month or January (depending on people's schedules).

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:54 pm
Initiate
Initiate

how many people are you expecting to show?
If i can go, i can bring 3 or 4, but i honestly don't wanna drive down to play against just two others lol.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:52 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

I'm not sure at this point, and I'm moving the date to the 18th now, in an attempt to get better turnout. Too many people can't make it this Sunday now. :x

I'll see if I can get a headcount a few days before the event, but that won' guarantee anything the day of. We have our own version of a Sunday curse here (everyone wants to do Sundays, but no one shows up).

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:05 pm
Initiate
Initiate

So what's the format though? Just 4E, or 4E and ancients?
Is 4extended playable?

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:31 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

The 18th will just be 4e, no ancients or 4eX.

If I can get an event on the calendar at the store for December, I may do Challenges for Charity. Players would pay food for DL and ML challenges. I wouldn't plan to run a tournament, but I would have Ancients Lord decks built.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:05 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

We had 6 people total for the 11/18 Helloween event. No Ol'Jacks fell, the closest someone came was 3 wounds out of Sir Robert. The standings were

Robbie: Shah'syss
me: Kaiten
Mark C: Gethesme
Jordan: Balam Nak
Aaron R: Galem Reth
Kerrie C: Sir Robert

The next event will be 12/16, at the Game Habitat. I'll probably run a tournament, but this will primarily be a Food Drive event to challenge DLs and MLs.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:01 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Re: Monterey, CA December Food Drive/Tournament
I'll update the announcement post for 12/16 later this weekend, but this is what I'm thinking atm...

I'm going to also offer OL challenges for 1/2 a DL challenge, but only 4e OLs.

On the ML front, I'll have two 4e versions of Legion, one as Chosen/Daemon and the other as Merc/Abyssal. Purple Legion will be amended as follows...

React: After Legion is targeted with an action (not a melee strike), kill one of your Thralls: Cancel the action.

Order: Once per turn, kill a Thrall you control: Search your collection for a daemon and place it in any rank of your army.
React: After one of your Daemons kills an opposing character: Put a Daemon from your collection of equal or lower Level than the killed character into play in your front rank.

Your Daemons have +6 ATK, +6 AC, +6 Skill, and +1 HP.
Your deck may contain any Thrall without limit.
Spend Order: Perform a number of melee strikes equal to the number of Daemons you control.

I'm still deciding on an Ancients ML.

On the DL, I'll have Aldrich, Altus and Morrigan in 4e; Kar'rak, Draxon and Selene for ancients. I may also build Eresh and Drasek 4e, with an Ancients Sin'marduk. If I build the 4e DLs, I don't currently have any copies to give away, so, should they fall, I would provide a different DL of the slayers choice (except for Kar'rak).

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:59 pm
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

Don and I will be winging you some DL's for winners.

Looks like someone needs to take up my slack in NorCal

Richard Carter - 2002 (Scrub player), 2003 (undefeated Swiss with Kerebrus), 2004 (4th at KOHIT with Dezicrah), 2005 (Dragonlord & World Conquest Team), 2006 (Editor, PDT member, & Majeral runner), 2007 ( Medusan Lord, & Bobby Zebrowski's Hero), 2008 (Ghed Jaroslav, Soul of the Storm, 4e Design Team), 2009 (Soul of the Storm falls, Gixu the Jester rises), 2010 (Jernar Thanatoc falls), 2011 (Bobby Zebrowski's sloppy second Gixu), 2012 (Driver of Atu the Fallen)

Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:39 pm
Initiate
Initiate

I'm sorry I didn't make it to the tournament.(im very ill at the moment.)

But I do plan on making it for the December one.
The food drive sounds like an amazing idea. I guess I'll have my trunk full of food for this one! lol.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:05 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

No worries about not making it in November, life happens and can mess up the best laid plans.

At least now, with you coming down, I know I'll get some Ancients challenges going. Not sure if anyone in the local group, other than 1 or 2 players, would try.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:20 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Thanks to everyone that showed up for the food drive. I'll update with specifics later, but no lords fell.

The boat had a close call, 4 wounds but saved by 1 scribed spell to Crit Fail the potential kill shot (a +10 or +12, I forget).

Mithglyn had 4 wounds on her from a Stonefist deck getting lucky with a couple of 20s. She had 10hps at the time.

Abyssal Legion took a single challenge from Gethesme, and emerged unscathed.

Yvallis manged to get a few wounds on Eresh, after some good rolling (all the good ranged strikes missed, but the +0s and +2s couldn't be dodged for some reason).

Ancients Albrecht almost took down a 4e Morrigan (missed the kill shot by 1).

Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next