View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
winter showdown in the great white north 
Jester's Demise
Jester's Demise

Post Re: winter showdown in the great white north
Event so far is going smooth so far no one has landed a wound on either medusan. But draxon had a scare with one well built galam deck..
So far challanges taken

Draxon the stormbreaker - 8

Karaz belgalla - 1

I'm sure they will have a lot more challanges today..

The open event winners will be posted later in the day.. stay tuned

another gixu dead #2,Oneiroi slayer Gen Con
2013 Medusan Runner of Draxxon the stormbreaker
Gencon 2013 karz belgala slayer

Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:06 am
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson

Are you collecting deck lists? It would be sweet to see some Open coverage! :)

Have fun all, wish I could've made it.

Kasugoan's Redemption • Slayer of the Silvered Fount • Warlord Story Team, Retired • Order of the Doomed Liver-Darth Cider • 2009 ToL Keeper Fantasy League Champion • 2010 & 2011 ToL Football Pick 'em Champion
Draven (about DP9K) wrote:
Psh, im from kentucky. I rode him for YEARS

Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:10 am
Profile YIM
Jester's Demise
Jester's Demise

Yes we should have the deck lists...
As it stands
Draxon 40 challanges
Karaz belgalla 25 challanges.

Karaz has has a few close calls with 4 wounds on him but hes nasty good... as for draxon as well very closr games.. onky took a wounds once via unearing shot with frost talon.. only wounds of the weekend..

More to come

Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:25 pm
Jester's Demise
Jester's Demise

Jt had draxon on the ropes stunned in the front rank first turn with balam. Came down to a die role and he coukdnt role a 15.. nice job tho..

I had the throg medusan killed as well.. but sadly I roled a 1 twice in a row... over all great weekend with sone seriously. Tough match ups.. draxon will be spoiled later today

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:40 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

MY TOURNAMENT EXPERIENCE:

I love getting together with my friends every week for Warlord and hanging out. Props to everyone for helping out, and making this another great MN event and loads of fun. Super props to Matt Cotton for his event support, relentless challenges, and an all around great guy!; Brandon Freitag for his tireless work getting ML's printed, prize support structure, and general go-to guy to get things done! I couldn't have done it without you, man!; Chris Vaccaro for giving MN a challengeable Medusan Lord! We've waited a long time for it! Thanks!

The Open event was awesome to see all the different combos.
Round 1, 0-0
2-1 Loss vs. Thekem Netheryn
Facing another open wizard elf was tough. I won game 1, but he spell blitzed through my ranks and was able to kill me with a double wounding Curse of Broken Spires.
Game 3, I couldn't draw up my recursion, and was left with no army by turn 3. he stunned me, and it was over.

Round 2, 0-1
2-0 Victory vs. Trespass
I playtested againt Trespass in the weeks before the event, our games went both ways depending on him drawing movement.
Game 1, He drew the movement, but I won initiative with a stupid good hand... First action Gravity Flux reacting with Paradigm Shift.
Game 2, The same exact thing... I got very lucky.

Round 3, 1-1
2-0 Loss vs. Sir Bob
Jon's Bob lost round two because he lost init against Adarymy and Spencer ate two of his Edwanns, but won game two, but lost game three not drawing a single character.
His combo went off both times against me...

Round 4, 1-2
2-0 Victory vs. Mad Mel
Game 1, The full pirate start was very tough to deal with, but he couldn't draw up his actions to make more, and gave me enough time for the Ardanaalis crit kill- which gets around Mad Mel's react and Too Fast To See's.
Game 2, Gravity Flux helped me land an Ardanaalis crit, then he played two off-faction characters and I reacted with Infinity's end.

4E MAIN EVENT
I'd done plenty of testing with Graphiel prior to the event, and only lost to ONE Warlord in the tons of games I played! I was ready!

Round 1, 0-0
2-1 vs. Thekk
Thekk is one of the top tier decks in our playgroup, winning more weekly tournaments than any other warlord.
Game 1, I drew movement and was able to blitz through his army, eliminating all the Amber Gargoyles, spending everything I had including two first turn D-Rifts. He dropped a couple more characters the next turn, but his army was still badly wounded from turn 1. I drew Fire and Steel and kept blitzing until I stunned Thekk up.
Game 2, Those pesky Amber's were extremely difficult to deal with! I blitzed hard, but he drew up a full hand of characters, many of them clerics- spending to keep Amber alive, then stunning forward. He was able to protect Slate Gargoyle from D-Rift by equipping Cerberus and stunning up. I exhausted everything I had, only landing one wound on the stat-heavy Gargoyle. He unstunned, readied, Blessing of Swiftness, Saavy'd, and Killed my Warlord.
Game 3, I decided to give up first turn tempo and rush Graphiel to the dangerous front rank so that I could ignore Ambers and just aim for the 2nd rank. This proved successful, but not before I had two wounds on me. I was able to spend all the clerics and eliminate the ambers. I landed two wounds on Thekk and used the last strike to stun him up.

Round 2, 1-0
2-0 vs. Adela
Game 1, This game was unique because he didn't use any of the Adela Stormwraith tricks and concentrated on rogue defenses. Adela was extremely hard to hit, but eventually he ran out of redirection. This game lasted 3 or 4 turns... Longer games are not good for Graphiel!
Game 2, I concentrated on taking out his redirection army, ignoring Adela completely until Turn 2. Without her army, Adela had little defenses left.

Round 3, 2-0
1-1 Die Roll win vs. Kaiten
This was my second favorite match of the entire weekend!
Game 1, Remember that Graphiel only lost to one Warlord during playtesting? This was him! I blitzed hard, and Kaiten ran up to the front with 25 AC. I killed to heal, but missed every strike against Kaiten. Turn 2 he used 4EX Channel the Soul to one-hit kill me.
Game 2, This time I stayed back in rank two, fearing another Channel. He held one card going into turn 2. I blitzed everything I could before he increased his AC, killing him with the Channel in his hand.
Game 3, Same strategy, exhanging characters and strikes. This battle went all the way to turn 3 before time was called. He was spent and out of strikes, I was in the front rank with his kill strike left and one in my hand. We each had one wound… He had two cards in his hand. I feared a double divine barrier. I thought about it for awhile and decided to gamble on two strikes instead of three, killing to heal and then used the strikes, one hit, one missed. The gamble didn’t pay off because he didn’t have the barrier in his hand… I rolled what would’ve been my kill strike just to see if I hit… damn.
Oh well, I won the roll off and slipped into the next round undefeated.

Round 4, 3-0
0-0 vs. Galam
Galam is another top tier deck in our playgroup, taking 3rd at last year’s Gencon. I’ve been very successful playtesting against him, but anything can happen in a tournament.
However, it was apparent we were both making Top 8 cut, so we decided to forego the match. Hopefully saving our battle for the Championship!

Top 8
2-1 Loss vs. Sir Bob
This was my favorite match of the weekend! Bruce is incredibly methodic with his Bob deck. I’ve played, and lost, to it many, many times before.
Game 1, I knew his secret and started blitzing through the Clerimonde’s until a Llyr Veteran fell forward. I reacted with one dog to kill the last Cleri, but chose not to react with the other dog. Instead I dropped the new Otin Dythanus. He bear soul’d his Veteran and I removed it to make a mummy. I passed all my leftover strikes for the turn. Turn 2, he attacked, but still didn’t draw his Stanley. I kept blitzing him until he killed his other Llyr, which I removed and swallowed him up with strikes.
Game 2, I tried the same thing, removing one Llyr and leaving him ready in the 2nd rank equipped with a Griffon and Pyre behind one Llyr. He didn’t draw Stanley or Bear’s soul. I had two strikes left. I didn’t like the odds, so I just used Icy Surge to land a wound on Bob… Safe, right? … Wrong. He reacted with Pyre, and THEN I saw it coming… killed his Llyr, moved up, searched Stanley, and FIFTEEN freaking strikes later I was dead.
Game 3, I didn’t draw up discard removal, but he still didn’t draw Stanley, so the chess game commenced. He was left spent in the front with two llyrs, I used all my strikes to land two wounds on him. He waited, waited, and then used llyr as his Stanley- giving him an extra strike. I had only my kill strike left, so I decided to let him have the 3rd strike and reacting attack. I killed his Llyr. He searched Stanley with 3 cleri’s in the grave, but only one strike. It was enough to land the final wound on me. What – A – Match!! Congrats, Bruce!

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:16 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

I don't know how to post all the pics from facebook to here. If anyone can help me out, please PM me.

Thanks.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:42 pm
n00b
n00b

My Tournament Experience:
well, the night flew by in a blur, I know I have forgotten a couple of details, so help me out if I forget something...
I wasn't able to make the open tournament, so I'll go straight to the 4e

Round 1:
0-2 Loss vs Thekk (Mike Shomion)
Mike played his Thekk the way it was intended, totally different than my own Thekk, which I play like a fighter. The MachineGun couldn't keep Stanley alive, and ended up taking all remaining strikes. From the start, I knew that I was going to have trouble with both dwarves and Chosen decks.

Round 2:
2-0 Win vs Krenthor (friend of Clifford J. Niesl)
For his first ever tournament, he did quite well, game one went to turn 3, where he was smart in using Gundas in the front rank, and I tried hard to get him to do Bob's work for me. The second game went to turn two, where I gave him an incentive to clear out my front line, and had 12 swings remaining with Stanley.

Round 3:
2-1 or 2-0 (?) Win vs Thekk(?) (Jon Shomion?)
I can't remember much of this round, for certain, because it went fairly quickly. I think. lol.

Round 4:
0-2 Loss vs Kaiten (Brandon Freitag)
oh man, I messed up huge here. We were really getting into the game, and I accidentally passed when I had my Stanley setup ready to go. I should have won the first game. Instead, I got my butt handed to me by several level 4's with two swings that killed all my Stanleys.

-made top 8! woo!

Round 1:
2-1 Win vs Elf wl? (Jeremiah Toenjes)
Game 1: Having played JT several times, he knew the secret to my game was all about killing my frontline cleri's and llyr veterans. He managed to remove one of my llyrs, which didn't make me happy, and managed to peg me after I used Goodwife's Parry to lower my ac a tad.
Game 2: This time I had to deal with Whirlwind ring. Luckily, I had both Gryffon and Pyre attached, and was able to save myself from stunning forward, and with his next spell, able to zap my remaining llyr with the Pyre react to start the Stanley gun. One Dreadnaught later, and then came 15 more strikes.
Game 3: Game 3 welcomed the plan B of this deck- When all else fails, use Llyr with Bob's orders. This forced him to kill llyr, which enabled me to bring out stanley for 4 single strikes, which was just enough to end the game.
This was a lot of fun. :D

Round 2:
2-0 Win vs Kaiten (Brandon Freitag)
Game 1: This game was very close, but Frietag began to dice.... and dice some more... then {quack, poo}~.
Game 2: ..angryFrietag..

Round 3 and the Championship:
2-0 Win vs Yavlo (Greg Landry)
Game 1: Interesting match, turn one draw vs a wizard did not get me my Engraved Plate I sorely needed, so I decided to not start the Stanlygun, and use plan B- Llyr Veteran in his place until I can make the game more manageable. Using Selai Yscar to negate an attack by one of his front line characters was definately helpful.
I don't think I drew the plate in turn two, I remembered having to use Goodwife's Parry once, right before the end of the turn, thankfully he didn't have anything left to hit with that could downright kill me. Drew the plate in turn 3 though, pulled the ripcord, and fired up the MachineGun after I was sure there wasn't much that could kill him. This was a close game, ended up with 3 wounds.
Game 2: I had to use every piece of trickery to pull this off. Drew a stanley, bear soul, fame bade, dreadnaught, and Engraved Plate first hand. This had stupid written all over it. The only problem was getting to the front line immediately. For that, I had to wait for turn two. I ended up using fame bade and engraved plate, tossing out dreadnaught, due to how the round played out, and saving both stanley and bear soul with one llyr and cleri, and one stanley in play. I had to make sure I had a back up plan so I can kill him. Turn two I draw two movement cards, I believe it was skittish charger and belicose. I equipped the charger first thing, he killed stanley. Fine. Make him think he had me. I equipped a few things, wyvern gem, i think, and attacked with bob. Managed to get llyr killed somehow, got a Stanley, and put it into play, with a backup in my hand, incase he kills it. He didn't, so I used Bob's order with two cleri's to pop, with bear soul and my last stanley in my hand in case that went wrong.
Stanley went to town.
Great game!

Bob "The MachineGun" wins!
Decklist coming up in a few moments here...

Now Playing:
Serif Al "The Professor" Havoc
Sir Robert "The MachineGun" of Andover
Sigurdur and friends
Anton "McStupid" Everchanging

"Do not underestimate the powers of the BarkBark..."

Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:02 pm
n00b
n00b

Winter Showdown in the Great White North Champion Decklist:

Sir Robert of Andover
2x Llyr Veterans
3x Clerimonde

Characters:
1x Selai Yscar
3x Mairead
3x Stanley

Actions:
3x Bellicose
3x Close Ranks
3x Bear's Soul
3x Flame Blade
3x Code of Chivalry
2x Back to the Fray
2x Goodwife's Parry
2x Dreadnaught

Items:
2x Tower Shield
2x Blazing Medallion
2x Engraved Plate
3x Pyre
2x Griffon of Misear
3x Skittish Charger
1x Wyvern Gem
1x Helm of Expertise

Char: 13
Actions: 21
Items: 16

Now Playing:
Sigurdur and friends

Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:17 pm
Jester's Demise
Jester's Demise

Nice job on first sorry you didnt get to challange draxon ill give you a free bee sense you won when I come up in may

Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:41 pm
n00b
n00b

woot! ty!

sorry I wasn't able to show you any of my decks!

Now Playing:
Sigurdur and friends

Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4