View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deverenian Faction Focus 
Death of the Daemons
Death of the Daemons

Post Re: Deverenian Faction Focus
Zaxdad wrote:
siddin wrote:
What do we do? we show off an envoy badge and complain to arne about not giving us any information on what we are supposed to be doing. Other than the whole "you guys are the voice of the ordo members" bs, considering we can rarely even get a response from him.

:agree:

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

YOU GUYS SHOULD HAVE ANSWERS AND POWER COMPARABLE TO ARNE

ROAR!

:P

Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:37 pm
Lava Shark
Lava Shark

Paul, that was uncalled for. -LJ

Arven wrote:
You are correct on all counts.

Yamauta wrote:
Thank you Nihil. That badass post was one of the most informative posts I've ever seen here...

Fintago wrote:
...Nihil...When someone puts a keyboard in front of you, you become the worst kind of person. I mean Christ.

Last edited by Lord Jallemar on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Don't flame other users

Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:54 am
Profile WWW
Command Staff
Command Staff

Do mods here seriously let people get away with this kind of crap?

@Nihil-Weren't you the one crying about people personally attacking you instead of sticking to the topic? Obviously you don't like the direction the game is going. I think we all get it.
No need to be nasty.

Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:06 am
Lava Shark
Lava Shark

Fade wrote:
Do mods here seriously let people get away with this kind of crap?

@Nihil-Weren't you the one crying about people personally attacking you instead of sticking to the topic? Obviously you don't like the direction the game is going. I think we all get it.
No need to be nasty.

Do you just follow me around on the temple and respond to anything I write?

You don't get it, if you think my remark has anything to do with "the direction the game is going."

-nihil

Arven wrote:

Yamauta wrote:
Thank you Nihil. That badass post was one of the most informative posts I've ever seen here...

Fintago wrote:
...Nihil...When someone puts a keyboard in front of you, you become the worst kind of person. I mean Christ.

Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:11 am
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

:yawn:

Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:42 am
Paladin of the Storm
Paladin of the Storm

Guys, let's keep discussion in this sub-forum on Cards, Decks, and Strategies for the Deverenian faction. If you guys wish to argue take it to PMs. Discussion regarding the game, the people controlling it and your feelings about it's future should be in General Discussion.

Arven wrote:
So, yes, Warlord was is done "unprofessionally".

Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:04 am
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

I agree with almost everyone on here on the point that no one is afraid of high level Devs. When I play a level 4 or 5 dev, my opponent's reaction should be: "Oh crap!". However that is not the case; most Dwarves just step on me, which is funny cause they're short, and Nothrog beat me down with spiked fists.

The high level focus is there I guess, to the point that they takes strikes from my low levels, but don't actually do anything. The fact that my Fendric racks a higher kill record per game than Argen or Edgar is a serious issue. I agree that Scelus should have been made for non-opposing Devs, but Unique and that MRP to me was overkill, but that's my opinion (which was asked for).

A lot of the suggestions on here are awesome. What I would like to see the Devs have or have back:

Redirection to lower level characters. It's balanced in the sense if there are no lowbies, there's no redirection. Keeps the big guy alive for the most part but he can still be taken down.

Some type of multi-wounding AT ALL. Even if it just came down to Power Atk for one strike, they have nothing.

More bonuses from low level characters for high level ones. Most bonuses now are slow or weak. Slayne gives out +2 on init and sister is an order for a bonus of +2 all around. What about adjacency or ranks in front of? Fastus is right on track, however he just simply dies most of the time.

Equipping steeds, weapons, shields or various items from the discard pile or from a falling Dev. This was a great aspect of old style campaign Devs. Taltos the Hale was my hero.

More self focusing or high level focused Warlords. Karkos Tzin, Adonis, Ghed Mnettaor. Warlords that offered self protection and minimal protection for the army. Kaiten is great, but has trouble standing alone, even with his support he just can't help himself. A Dev Warlord in the front rank should be scary, even alone. Even Gahid could at least just go first and smack down before an opponent could. Kaiten looses init most of the time and doesn't get his react.

IMO if the Devs were the beasts they used to be in campaign days, they wouldn't need as much control on the board. A hint of control with more movement, item grabbing and a focus on scarier high lvls and Warlords would do the trick.

-Cyanide

Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:13 pm
Death of the Daemons
Death of the Daemons

idk, i think kaiten can stand alone pretty well. verdatha mount + full plate is 22 ac, add in other items it gets to be pretty nice.

Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:05 am
Lava Shark
Lava Shark

devlukelorian wrote:
idk, i think kaiten can stand alone pretty well. verdatha mount + full plate is 22 ac, add in other items it gets to be pretty nice.

22 ac isn't worth [Censor: poo] in this environment. Even at 26 AC the vast majority of decks can generate strikes that only need a 10 up to hit that. Several decks can work out strikes at bonuses of +15 or higher, often for multiple wounds.

-nihil

Arven wrote:

Yamauta wrote:

Fintago wrote:

Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:27 am
Profile WWW
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Nihil is right. 22 or even 26 Ac is nothing to a Dwarf. My Kaiten gets his Ac relatively high, yea he can hold off weenies, but even a level 2 Nothrog has like a +5-7 Atk and can hit with a decent chance before I get pumped up. Stone fist (and half the other dwarves) laughs at any Ac under 30. Skill is an issue as well, even with Kaiten's 9 skill when a steed is on, I find myself failing Dc 15's and 16's. Tomar the Protector would be a good addition, or at least someone with a similar concept.

-Cyanide

Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:52 am
Death of the Daemons
Death of the Daemons

Cyanide wrote:
Nihil is right. 22 or even 26 Ac is nothing to a Dwarf. My Kaiten gets his Ac relatively high, yea he can hold off weenies, but even a level 2 Nothrog has like a +5-7 Atk and can hit with a decent chance before I get pumped up. Stone fist (and half the other dwarves) laughs at any Ac under 30. Skill is an issue as well, even with Kaiten's 9 skill when a steed is on, I find myself failing Dc 15's and 16's. Tomar the Protector would be a good addition, or at least someone with a similar concept.

-Cyanide

yeah, i agree it isn't good enough. Though i have found frontline kaiten the best for me so far since i just kill my opponents and pump my ac quickly, it works well, though not drawing the steed kills (like any other 6-12 man deck).

taumer would be a great card to see back, though i don't know how viable he really is.

i would like to see a squire fastus combined with black sun knight. like characters in this rank get +x attack and ac for other pallys.

But what can we hope for

Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4