View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
The Deverenians of 4e: Father Jourdain 
Command Staff
Command Staff

Post The Deverenians of 4e: Father Jourdain

Hi. I'm Bach. I don't play Deverenians.

But you do.

Please fill in the blanks in the posts below, and I'll edit it into this post.

Description
Flavorful description of this Warlord. Include links to high placing tournament decklists.

Common Deck Styles

Card Pool
[Cards marked with a "*" are staple uncommon or common cards, found in almost any style of Father Jourdain deck]
Common Starts

Characters

Actions

Items

Tournament Decklists

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:01 am
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Post Father Jordain: Piss off the Pope deck
FATHER JORDAIN PISS OFF THE POPE DECK

3-Genecourt Initiate
Alexa Genecourt
Caleb the Shifter
Father Jordaine

3-Ghed Nuri
2-Alexa Genecourt
3-Ghed Hedrix
3-Brother Neris
Cardinal Scelus
Mother Deiane
Sable Knight
3-Temur
2-Ygrasssyne

3-Lift up your voices
3-Quick Sheilding
2-Aegis
2-Minor Miracle
Cauterize
3-Leveled

Giant Turtle
Stormwolf
Consorts Crown
Imperial Scepter
Mask of Command
Ring of the Savant
Healing Potion
Xantin Ward
Xienars Guard
Troas Pawn
Inquisitors Mask

This was originally supposed to be my doubles deck for GenCon 2011, but couldnt get any of my kids to play the Kaitlen deck that went with it. Due to the incessive groaning that occurred when i pulled this deck out in casual play i decided to keep it intact. Hope someone has fun with it
(I probably should have put this in its own thread, you can move it if you want,dont know what i was thinking,just didnt like seeing a blank space)

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:41 am
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

Post Re: The Deverenians of 4e: Father Jourdain
looks like it may suffer from the same "problem" that my Father Jouradain deck did - Endless planar meatwall. (unless facing a wizard) can really draw a game out, but does not quickly generate the win.
I was running 3x Okull the Defiant as well.

I think the trick for keeping a fun and enjoyable Father Jourdain deck is going to be to use his debuff offensively to set up kills from supporting wizards (with Blight as well) - nothing more dejecting than getting smoked by a Magic Missiles from Xaros the Mist.

I like the use of the instructor's set. Ambitious front line clerics are often hard pressed to find better gear. (sadly)

Richard Carter - 2002 (Scrub player), 2003 (undefeated Swiss with Kerebrus), 2004 (4th at KOHIT with Dezicrah), 2005 (Dragonlord & World Conquest Team), 2006 (Editor, PDT member, & Majeral runner), 2007 ( Medusan Lord, & Bobby Zebrowski's Hero), 2008 (Ghed Jaroslav, Soul of the Storm, 4e Design Team), 2009 (Soul of the Storm falls, Gixu the Jester rises), 2010 (Jernar Thanatoc falls), 2011 (Bobby Zebrowski's sloppy second Gixu), 2012 (Driver of Atu the Fallen)

Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:30 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

Post Re: The Deverenians of 4e: Father Jourdain
Kerebrus wrote:
looks like it may suffer from the same "problem" that my Father Jouradain deck did - Endless planar meatwall. (unless facing a wizard) can really draw a game out, but does not quickly generate the win.
Truth. It's pretty easy to make an "invincible" Papa J, but can you actually WIN? Eh...not so much within 45 minutes.
Kerebrus wrote:
I think the trick for keeping a fun and enjoyable Father Jourdain deck is going to be to use his debuff offensively to set up kills from supporting wizards (with Blight as well) - nothing more dejecting than getting smoked by a Magic Missiles from Xaros the Mist.
It's gimmicky and fun, but once your opponent spots what's going on, they can avoid it.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]