View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Inquisitor Dmitir help please? 
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Inquisitor Dmitir help please?
I have terrible luck with clerics. They are the worst class for me to play, but I wanted to have a deck with a cleric warlord. After looking at the clerics for a while and after noticing that no one in my playgroup was using Dimitir I decided to give him a try. This is what I currently have for a Inquisitor Dmitir deck.

Inquisitor Dmitir
Alexa Genecourt
Caleb the Shifter
2x Rellion Pikeman
Inquisitor Chroneus

Characters:
3x Xaros the Mist
3x The Beast Knight
2x Mariah Blackthorn
2x Count Vyacheslav
2x Thibaud Rellion
Lord Argen D'ilchant
Sir Pelimere
Takson the Intricate
Cardinal Scelus
Mother Deiane
Ivaas
The Sable Knight

Actions:
3x Soothing Waters
3x Meet at the Inn!
3x Minor Miracle

Items:
3x Dragon Buckler
Great White
2x Griffon of Misear
Mollusk Helm
Ring of the Savant
Scepter of Life
Stormwolf
Totem Crawler
Camel
Wyvernsteed
Hod's Legacy
Rellion Truebred
Giant Turtle

With the steeds it's a case of I'm not sure which ones would be best to focus on. I'm thinking of getting rid of some, such as Camel and Giant Turtle for either Rellion Truebreds or Wyvernsteed. Great White as been a pretty good steed for me too.

It's the same thing with characters. Thinking of cutting Thibaud Rellion for an extra Count V and either another Mariah or Sir Pelimire.

Against most decks I have a hard time. If I'm going against a blitz deck I might as well scoop and move on to another game it seems. The characters are great, and getting a dragon buckler on someone helps a LOT. Being able to say that one of my guys auto hits someone for two wounds using Dmitir's react is how I've won a few games. I like his abilities as a warlord, but there's barely anything out there for seers to abuse other then Precognition and I couldn't find room in the deck for it.

Thoughts on the deck?

2012 NJ Winter Campaign - First place (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 4 Singles (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 2 Doubles (Set'Rokh/King Alaric)

Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:13 pm
Lava Shark
Lava Shark

Post Re: Inquisitor Dmitir help please?
My first thought is:

What kind of cardpool do you have available to you? I ask that because, right now, it seems like you are running a lot of 1-ofs, which doesn't work well, in general. Usually deck lists like this are seen from people with limited resources. Telling us what you have available to you will help us tech your deck without all the needless "You should add this" "I don't have any".

:yes:

-nihil

Arven wrote:
You are correct on all counts.

Yamauta wrote:
Thank you Nihil. That badass post was one of the most informative posts I've ever seen here...

Fintago wrote:
...Nihil...When someone puts a keyboard in front of you, you become the worst kind of person. I mean Christ.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:12 am
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Nihilistiskism wrote:
My first thought is:

What kind of cardpool do you have available to you? I ask that because, right now, it seems like you are running a lot of 1-ofs, which doesn't work well, in general. Usually deck lists like this are seen from people with limited resources. Telling us what you have available to you will help us tech your deck without all the needless "You should add this" "I don't have any".

:yes:

-nihil

My cardpool is pretty good, but I ended up trading away most of my Devs to others in my playgroup when I thought I would only be playing Yavlo. As far as characters go what I have listed is the most I have of that card, excluding the unique characters. I was also considering Corinne Drac to replace Thibaud Rellion since he hasn't been working all of the time. For my steeds once again what you see is what I currently have max of on the cards aside from the griffon and camel. The Camel needs to come out, as I have nothing level 5 or lower to ready.

While my cardpool with rares is pretty limited, I'm not above using proxies until I get the real thing. :yes: Most of my decks are for fun, and if I want to enter a tournament I pick a deck that has no proxies or I get the cards. Simple as that.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:11 am

Definitely replace Thibaud with Corinne. Thibaud is one of the most horrible Devs ever printed.

Also, Cauterize needs to be in this deck. Awesome wound prevention and you can react off it with Soothing Waters.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don't. * Captain of Team Real California Cheese * Denizen of Anything * Order of the Doomed Liver - Strategic Inebriator

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:34 am
Profile YIM
Command Staff
Command Staff

Well, if your card pool is essentially unlimited, 3x Cauterize is the first thing to stick in. The Cauterize/Soothing Waters/RingOfSavant combo is where it's at for clerics right now.

I normally hate Meet At The Inn, as the cost is too high, but I find it interesting in Dimitr.

Thibaud is awful. Take him out for 2x Pelimere. Then max out the Wyvernsteeds, and you all but insure making riding checks.

Corinne's third hp is a big deal - better than Vyecheslav's conditional hp, but he still has riding. :shrug:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:40 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Bach wrote:
Well, if your card pool is essentially unlimited, 3x Cauterize is the first thing to stick in. The Cauterize/Soothing Waters/RingOfSavant combo is where it's at for clerics right now.

I normally hate Meet At The Inn, as the cost is too high, but I find it interesting in Dimitr.

Thibaud is awful. Take him out for 2x Pelimere. Then max out the Wyvernsteeds, and you all but insure making riding checks.

Corinne's third hp is a big deal - better than Vyecheslav's conditional hp, but he still has riding. :shrug:

When I made this deck first I tried using cards that I have. It turned out horrible. XD Then I took out a lot and put what is in it now in. I only started doing the proxies recently.

I <3 Count V. He's one of my favorite Devs aside from The Sable Knight right now. Corinne is nice though.

Meet At The Inn is awesome out of Dmitir. After winning initiative you can pretty much pick which cards you want to draw with it.

Cauterize is a nice card, I just have no idea what to take out for it at the moment. Maybe some of the 1 of steeds?

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:52 am
Command Staff
Command Staff

I would say optimize your number of steeds based on what you want your character base to look like. Only include a sufficient number to maximize effectivess. For instance, if you plan on running Vyacheslav you might want a couple more but if your character base can do without them you've got some other possibilities besides the slow ride to the front.

Stormwolf definately stays, there's no way that card could be bad in this deck. Totem Crawler is decent choice as well, great meta, and if you don't need it just make sure you don't draw it. You also already have Xaros the Mist.

Unstunning and readying is some of the best "movement" you can get. Hod's Legacy and Purify are something to consider. Along the same vein you could look at Speed of the Falcon, Dominate, or Revigorate. You've also got Cardinal Scelus as a support cleric and movement in one.

So I guess the question is: Steeds to increase your character efficacy or speed/strikes to maximize consistency? Either way Cauterize is the best include you could make at this point imo.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:26 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

If you want to consider something janky, add 1-2 Ring of Vorn into the deck. On a Xaros, you can use his OPT react every turn and it will get your high levels up there faster.

I would also consider starting Genecourt Initiates. I know Ryan pretty much nullifies them, but they add to your initiative roll and pretty much hold off any other faction.

I think Dmitir should be able to handle blitz decks.. unless they are ranged blitz. If his second rank gets destroyed before he can drop a character, you are probably toast.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:02 am
Lava Shark
Lava Shark

Zeath wrote:

Meet At The Inn is awesome out of Dmitir. After winning initiative you can pretty much pick which cards you want to draw with it.

Does it still give your opponent a card?

Then it is not awesome.

Zeath wrote:

Cauterize is a nice card, I just have no idea what to take out for it at the moment. Maybe some of the 1 of steeds?

See above.

-nihil

Arven wrote:

Yamauta wrote:
Thank you Nihil. That badass post was one of the most informative posts I've ever seen here...

Fintago wrote:
...Nihil...When someone puts a keyboard in front of you, you become the worst kind of person. I mean Christ.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:13 am
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Nihilistiskism wrote:
Zeath wrote:

Then it is not awesome.

-nihil

Agreed. I do like Improvisation out of Dmitir though. Combo with his take 10 ability to draw the best card. Yes please.

Or troubled the captains mind.

by Toad on Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:58 am
We've been over this. 9 AC is broken!

DragonLord Runner as of June 11th, 2011 the date of my premier event. PM me about promoting Warlord where you are.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:55 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Nihilistiskism wrote:
Zeath wrote:

Then it is not awesome.

Zeath wrote:

See above.

-nihil

I love how many people say MatI is auto-include in all cav decks, then I see people who are very against it XD. I'll give switching MatI for Cauterize a try though. With things like Ivaas and the helm I have some of my own card draw anyway. :yes:

RandomNothrog wrote:
If you want to consider something janky, add 1-2 Ring of Vorn into the deck. On a Xaros, you can use his OPT react every turn and it will get your high levels up there faster.

I would also consider starting Genecourt Initiates. I know Ryan pretty much nullifies them, but they add to your initiative roll and pretty much hold off any other faction.

Jank is always funny. If I can find room in the deck I'll give it try, but I don't usually like putting a card in my deck that my warlord can't use. I used to start Genecourts, but changed to the pikemen to make advantage of the +2 after winning Initiative. Both have worked for me in the past, though with Genecourts I have more of a reason to spend Caleb and keep Chroneus alive.

randumbdude wrote:
Unstunning and readying is some of the best "movement" you can get. Hod's Legacy and Purify are something to consider. Along the same vein you could look at Speed of the Falcon, Dominate, or Revigorate. You've also got Cardinal Scelus as a support cleric and movement in one.

I used to run all of that stuff in my deck. When I did I never won a game. Since I've taken them out and replaced them with cards like Dragon Buckler and the 1 of steeds I've started winning some games with him.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:08 am
Command Staff
Command Staff

Quote:
I used to run all of that stuff in my deck. When I did I never won a game. Since I've taken them out and replaced them with cards like Dragon Buckler and the 1 of steeds I've started winning some games with him.

Well it never hurts to throw ideas around. Maybe there's a middle ground? :shrug:

Have you considered King Dukault?

Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:03 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

randumbdude wrote:
Quote:

Well it never hurts to throw ideas around. Maybe there's a middle ground? :shrug:

Have you considered King Dukault?

True. I'll give steeds a try, and if it doesn't work well I'll combine the two and see how well it works out.

No I haven't. I didn't even look at Mercs when I was making the deck. XD The only downside with him is I can't auto hit with him, but he is pretty damn awesome. I might put him in later down the road.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:11 pm
Lava Shark
Lava Shark

Zeath wrote:

I love how many people don't build good decks, then I see people who do

Fix'd.

-nihil :lol:

Arven wrote:

Yamauta wrote:

Fintago wrote:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:27 am
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Nihilistiskism wrote:
Zeath wrote:

I love how many people don't build good decks, then I see people who do

Fix'd.

-nihil :lol:

:rofl:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next