View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Kaiten: Master of Beef 
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Kaiten: Master of Beef
Here is a list; it has had minimal testing so far (still need cards for it), and it can have some real trouble against quick decks. Suggestions?

Start: (6)
1x Commander Kaiten
1x Caleb the Shifter
1x Alexa Genecourt
3x Genecourt Initiate

Characters: (19)
3x Sir Chretien Rellion
3x Black Sun Knight
3x Sir Pelimere
3x Sir Edgard Rellion
3x Count Vyacheslav
1x The Sable Knight
1x Lord Aurelius Rellion
1x Mother Deiane
1x Cardinal Scelus

Items: (19)
3x Dragon Buckler
2x Backbiter
2x Iridescent Armor
1x Breastplate of Power
1x Uthanak's Ring
1x Stormwolf
3x Verdatha Mount
2x The Dark Horse
2x Griffon of Misear
2x Camel

Actions: (6)
3x Faith in Steel
3x Call Verdatha

KingofGlobia's Trading Post

Last edited by KingofGlobia on Tue May 24, 2011 11:19 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Thu May 19, 2011 11:10 pm
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson

Post Re: Kaiten: Master of Beef
It kinda depends what you're going for. Are you wanting to stick to high-level characters? Are you just trying to make a good Kaiten deck? Or is there another goal?

Unless you want to go crazy with the Defend/Riposte shields and stuff like Nihil's deck from Los Angeles, Temur is a pretty terrible card for this deck.

Kasugoan's Redemption • Slayer of the Silvered Fount • Warlord Story Team, Retired • Order of the Doomed Liver-Darth Cider • 2009 ToL Keeper Fantasy League Champion • 2010 & 2011 ToL Football Pick 'em Champion
Draven (about DP9K) wrote:
Psh, im from kentucky. I rode him for YEARS

Thu May 19, 2011 11:14 pm
Profile YIM
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

AragornRoR wrote:
It kinda depends what you're going for. Are you wanting to stick to high-level characters? Are you just trying to make a good Kaiten deck? Or is there another goal?

Unless you want to go crazy with the Defend/Riposte shields and stuff like Nihil's deck from Los Angeles, Temur is a pretty terrible card for this deck.

Of course I want it to be a good Kaiten deck. Is it too top heavy? I Put Temur in because of his good stats, but I am certainly open to suggestions. I just want a streamlined deck that works well. If it means mostly high level characters, then great; if not, no big deal. What is missing here?

The idea was to get higher level guys equipped with stuff to hold the lines and eventually overwhelm them with high-AC, high-ATK, multi-wounding paladins. But if that isn't a viable strategy, I'm open to changing up the game plan.

Fri May 20, 2011 6:53 am
Initiate
Initiate

If this were my deck i would cut out some of those high level steeds and run a few smaller ones like Warhorse. Big steed to move your guys up a couple ranks, then tiny steed to the front...and swing!

Fri May 20, 2011 8:13 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

I agree. Take Temur out no matter what. Then you have 11 steeds and 13 dudes to equip them. I would actually drop a verdatha and a wyvern to add another armor and make your bardiches backbiters and up the faith in steel count to three. With your two character slots, its up to you. The wizard that gives 2 ac to a rank or dahlia genecourt or bem kododo or something from the new set maybe? I havent looked at the devs still.

there are five people on this website anymore, Woodrow: me you, Nihil, Wendy, and they guy who loves Trench as a warlord. You can't afford to disagree. WE NEED THESE TOURNEY KITS!!!!!

Kerebrus wrote:
Woodrow, your jank may have crossed the line this time.

Fri May 20, 2011 9:20 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

I dropped 2x Temur for 2x Xaros the Mist. I also took out 3x Call Verdatha, 1x Wyvernsteed, and 2x Great White to make room for 1x Faith in Steel, 2x Havat-lahn Stance, 1x Iridescent Armor, and 2x Camel. I know that Backbiter is great, but I am concerned about the liabilities (wounding my own army and -2 AC). I am not committed to the Havat-lahn Stances in there, so let me know what you guys think.

Fri May 20, 2011 10:20 am

No offense, but some of your changes were not good. Call Verdatha is an auto 3x in Kaiten- the versatility for any of your characters to pick up any steed is just too good, and it's deck-thinning (you get 2 cards out of your deck for the price of one).

If your goal is just to make a really good Kaiten, I suggest removing the Level 5s, Xaros, and Edgard. Pelimere and Vyachiaslev are basically the only level 4s whose game text (and more importantly, stats) justify their inclusion. The rest of your character base should be all about being faster than your opponent to be up front and swinging. That means level 3s-Chriten Rellion is amazing.

Assuming you take the above piece of advice, switching to Backbiter over Dragon Buckler only makes sense. Your Level 3s can equip it, and with the bonus from the weapon itself and Kaiten's steed bonus, missing will be a rare occurrence.

There are a few floating spots in the item base for stuff like H-I stance, Fists of Kor, or whatever you feel you need for the meta. I would switch out Camel for Dark Horse, and Wyvernsteed for something lower as well.

Kasugoan's Redemption • Slayer of the Silvered Fount • Warlord Story Team, Retired • Order of the Doomed Liver-Darth Cider • 2009 ToL Keeper Fantasy League Champion • 2010 & 2011 ToL Football Pick 'em Champion

Fri May 20, 2011 1:13 pm
Profile YIM
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Kaiten definitely has the option of being fast. I like the xaros, but keeping with your current character lineup I didnt like the other changes at all. x1 Packard is a smart play if you go for a faster pace. That extra swing with a Backbiter equipped might be just what you need to crack a rank. Send the wounds to Xaros, Deine, Scelus, etc.

there are five people on this website anymore, Woodrow: me you, Nihil, Wendy, and they guy who loves Trench as a warlord. You can't afford to disagree. WE NEED THESE TOURNEY KITS!!!!!

Kerebrus wrote:
Woodrow, your jank may have crossed the line this time.

Fri May 20, 2011 1:55 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Dropped the Xaros and the level 5's, put in Sir Chretien Rellion and Dahlia Genecourt. Put 3x Call Verdatha back in. I like Wyvernsteed in there for getting the level 4's up quickly. Also took out the 2x Bardiche for 2x Backbiter, we'll see how that works.

Sun May 22, 2011 11:04 pm

Not sure about Dahlia- Kaiten doesn't really have room for random support characters. The rest of the changes seem real good though, let me know how it goes!

Sun May 22, 2011 11:07 pm
Profile YIM
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Divine Barrier x 3, what more can I say?

Mon May 23, 2011 12:06 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

I took out 1x Dahlia Genecourt for 1x Corinne Drac, but I want to find a character that fits this deck better.

Edit: I put Lord Aurelius Rellion back in there as the only level 5. He is a beast for sure, but even without relying on his presence in the front rank, his react is just extra movement for the army. With the number of level 4's that I am dropping, he is almost always playable. I think that he is the best fit here.

Mon May 23, 2011 5:45 pm
Lava Shark
Lava Shark

AragornRoR wrote:
No offense, but some of your changes were not good. Call Verdatha is an auto 3x in Kaiten- the versatility for any of your characters to pick up any steed is just too good, and it's deck-thinning (you get 2 cards out of your deck for the price of one).

If your goal is just to make a really good Kaiten, I suggest removing the Level 5s, Xaros, and Edgard. Pelimere and Vyachiaslev are basically the only level 4s whose game text (and more importantly, stats) justify their inclusion. The rest of your character base should be all about being faster than your opponent to be up front and swinging. That means level 3s-Chriten Rellion is amazing.

Assuming you take the above piece of advice, switching to Backbiter over Dragon Buckler only makes sense. Your Level 3s can equip it, and with the bonus from the weapon itself and Kaiten's steed bonus, missing will be a rare occurrence.

There are a few floating spots in the item base for stuff like H-I stance, Fists of Kor, or whatever you feel you need for the meta. I would switch out Camel for Dark Horse, and Wyvernsteed for something lower as well.

My Kaiten deck from L.A. didn't run Call Verdatha. ;-)

-nihil

Arven wrote:
You are correct on all counts.

Yamauta wrote:
Thank you Nihil. That badass post was one of the most informative posts I've ever seen here...

Fintago wrote:
...Nihil...When someone puts a keyboard in front of you, you become the worst kind of person. I mean Christ.

Tue May 24, 2011 3:21 am
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Ah, Nihil, I hear that your deck was different from the normal Kaiten deck, but what do you think of this more "run of the mill" version? Any suggestions?

Tue May 24, 2011 7:18 am
Death of the Daemons
Death of the Daemons

-2 camel, -1 BoP, +3 The dark horse

also, i suggest dropping your faith in steels for kors patience.

if you are going for the higher level version start 1 caleb and 1 alexa genecourt.

also drop 1 sir cretien for 1 lord argen. and also change out the other two cretien for judge aeacus.

those are my thoughts :D (note: my kaiten is very solid as well, and definately very different than aragorns)

Tue May 24, 2011 11:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next