View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Kaiten: Master of Beef 
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson

Post Re: Kaiten: Master of Beef
How could you possibly want Aecus over Chriten?

I agree with the horse change though.

Kasugoan's Redemption • Slayer of the Silvered Fount • Warlord Story Team, Retired • Order of the Doomed Liver-Darth Cider • 2009 ToL Keeper Fantasy League Champion • 2010 & 2011 ToL Football Pick 'em Champion
Draven (about DP9K) wrote:
Psh, im from kentucky. I rode him for YEARS

Tue May 24, 2011 11:15 pm
Profile YIM
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

I like the start suggestion. It is much more important to have ways to slow the opponent down in the start than to have some mediocre offense, so that makes sense. I wanted to put Kor's Patience in there (and in fact it was in the original version) but after some testing, it didn't make it back in. Faith in Steel is superb, because it thins the deck and gets the equipment that my guys need to get to outrageous AC or Multi-wounding. I have been toying with the idea of including The Dark Horse, but I have been unable to commit. Part of me thinks that I will likely take out the two Wyvernsteeds for them just to have more options with my steeds (and the Sir Pelimeres and Count Vyacheslav already have riding). I was originally running Lord Argen d'Ilchant, but I took him out on account of his high level. Lord Aurelius Rellion is the same level but provides added movement capability for anyone in the army. I have stuck with only Deverenian Paladins because those are the only ones that receive any bonuses from Commander Kaiten. It seems like a waste to put in Mercenary Paladins when there are Deverenians who can fill the role almost as well.

I really do appreciate the input, and I agree with some of those changes. Overall, I think I'll only adopt the change to the starting line-up for right now along with dropping the Wyvernsteeds for The Dark Horses. Thanks!

KingofGlobia's Trading Post

Last edited by KingofGlobia on Wed May 25, 2011 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 24, 2011 11:18 pm
Death of the Daemons
Death of the Daemons

AragornRoR wrote:
How could you possibly want Aecus over Chriten?

I agree with the horse change though.

offense vs defense.

and i meant to put a "IMO" in there. They are both solid choices by all means. and i can see where chretien is nice. I just like the multiwounding really. statwise its a 2 AC and skill bonus (with a steed, and looking at attack vs opposite alignment) for chretien. And you don't lose kaitens react as it isn't dev specific.

and idk i like the thought of 3wound shots from judge :P

as said before both are solid choices, and my playstyle likes the judge more :D

oh, and about wyvernsteed: don't get rid of it, it can move you backwards and gives riding, so kaiten can play hit and run.

Wed May 25, 2011 1:06 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Is Scimitar not useful? I would think that winning initiative, reacting with Kaiten to attack with someone, reacting with a couple of others to attack along with him, and then finally taking your actual action could be crippling.

Fri May 27, 2011 12:40 pm
Profile ICQ
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

The tempo is certainly nice, but the multi-wounding is better overall, I think. It depends on what kinds of decks you are up against, though.

Fri May 27, 2011 2:35 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Ahriman, almost no one runs scimitar in any deck unless its dancing or ancient. I have no idea why.

nilonka wrote:
there are five people on this website anymore, Woodrow: me you, Nihil, Wendy, and they guy who loves Trench as a warlord. You can't afford to disagree. WE NEED THESE TOURNEY KITS!!!!!

Kerebrus wrote:
Woodrow, your jank may have crossed the line this time.

Fri May 27, 2011 2:54 pm
Death of the Daemons
Death of the Daemons

because the tempo isn't worth it by comparison. +3 and some slight tempo boost (note: you already get up to 3 attacks off initiative via kaitens react and sable knight)

Multiwounding trumps the tempo in every way in this deck, since you will have no problem with pleeb decks, as your characters will have near garunteed hits and more strikes per attack (4 strikes at init on 1 hp characters is devastating enough). Your bigger problem would be characters like kul clan tergoth, getraxos, etc. You need these characters dead ASAP and getting through the hit points with 6 1 wound strikes vs 2 two wound strikes and 2 one wound strikes first action is a lot harder (and a higher probability of hitting via backbiter)

overall the multi wounding will do much more good than extra tempo ever will. As you have to attack with an adjacent character so you can't just camp next to alexa genecourt etc.

Fri May 27, 2011 6:16 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

I agree, and Scimitar requires that you have multiple ready characters in the front rank at the beginning of the turn, which doesn't always happen.

Fri May 27, 2011 6:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2