View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Deckbuilding - Father Jourdain 
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

Post Deckbuilding - Father Jourdain
So, of the two clerics that tied in my "next deck" poll, I am going to try out Jourdain and see what I can make of him. AS I have noticed though, there hasn't been much Temple Traffic lately, so I thought I would share my thought process / design this deck by crowdsourcing.

Even with my reputation for off the wall jank, I don't see anything just leaping off the page with Papa J. not a problem, I can work with that.

Character base:
I am thinking beefy level 4 Cav - The Sable Knight, Temur, Corinne Drac, Okull the defiant, and Mariah Blackthorne (3HP or other defensive measures) to really stretch the utility of the Planar trait.

I have thought about Ygrassine to give my Stormwraith's magic resistance, but if I see a wizard on the other side of the table, I simply do not turn the Planar mode on, and let the AC and HP be my defense.

Actions and Items are going to be a mix of healing, readying, and movement.

I did entertain the notion of using Papa J's debuff to soften up a target for a big Withering Gaze / Merciless Strike combo, but it feels unreliable at best.

now, off to check out what Papa J decklists people have posted.... (maybe I should have done that first)

Richard Carter - 2002 (Scrub player), 2003 (undefeated Swiss with Kerebrus), 2004 (4th at KOHIT with Dezicrah), 2005 (Dragonlord & World Conquest Team), 2006 (Editor, PDT member, & Majeral runner), 2007 ( Medusan Lord, & Bobby Zebrowski's Hero), 2008 (Ghed Jaroslav, Soul of the Storm, 4e Design Team), 2009 (Soul of the Storm falls, Gixu the Jester rises), 2010 (Jernar Thanatoc falls), 2011 (Bobby Zebrowski's sloppy second Gixu), 2012 (Driver of Atu the Fallen)

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:21 pm

Post Re: Deckbuilding - Father Jourdain
Ygrassine is solid anyway, Rich. She's a Cantor for Lift Up Your Voices, which can be awesome. Also, I know he has 3 HP, but Temur is otherwise horrible. Not sure who I'd replace him with to keep the 3 HP love going on, but he's pretty lame.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don't. * Captain of Team Real California Cheese * Denizen of Anything * Order of the Doomed Liver - Strategic Inebriator

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:13 pm
Profile YIM
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

I hadn't rightfully processed the action / item side yet - not sure if I was going to worry about Lift.

I've been mentally toying with an idea to use Fervor with Deverenians (since they actually have Cantors) - best version would probably be a Dhamir il Maliq deck, deploying the Fervor with Viper Whip)

Richard Carter - 2002 (Scrub player), 2003 (undefeated Swiss with Kerebrus), 2004 (4th at KOHIT with Dezicrah), 2005 (Dragonlord & World Conquest Team), 2006 (Editor, PDT member, & Majeral runner), 2007 ( Medusan Lord, & Bobby Zebrowski's Hero), 2008 (Ghed Jaroslav, Soul of the Storm, 4e Design Team), 2009 (Soul of the Storm falls, Gixu the Jester rises), 2010 (Jernar Thanatoc falls), 2011 (Bobby Zebrowski's sloppy second Gixu), 2012 (Driver of Atu the Fallen)

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:45 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Lord Jallemar wrote:
Ygrassine is solid anyway, Rich. She's a Cantor for Lift Up Your Voices, which can be awesome. Also, I know he has 3 HP, but Temur is otherwise horrible. Not sure who I'd replace him with to keep the 3 HP love going on, but he's pretty lame.

Maybe Count Vyacheslav if you plan on using weapons and steeds.

2012 NJ Winter Campaign - First place (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 4 Singles (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 2 Doubles (Set'Rokh/King Alaric)

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:19 am
Command Staff
Command Staff

Temur might not be optimal for this deck, but I don't see how he is a horrible card. Personally, I would run The Beast Knight or Ghed Romus in that slot.

You could just make it the typical Cleric Cavalry deck, with you punch coming from 3x Backbiter and 2-3x Dragon Buckler.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:01 am
Command Staff
Command Staff

RandomNothrog wrote:
Temur might not be optimal for this deck, but I don't see how he is a horrible card. Personally, I would run The Beast Knight or Ghed Romus in that slot.

You could just make it the typical Cleric Cavalry deck, with you punch coming from 3x Backbiter and 2-3x Dragon Buckler.

But that's so...vanilla! What 'bout a level 3 focus (slightly faster) with the back ranks used for additional cleric support/buffs? Punch (aka Multiwounding) can come from actions like Blessings of Granite and Show of Strength.

Theorycraft:

Genecourt x2, Shieldman x1
Caleb, Alexa
Papa J

Knight of Falun x3
Beast Knight x3
Nisroch x3 (teh cheats)
Mistress Edrea x3
Ancestral Wraiths x2
Ghed Lionel x1
Cardinal Scelus x1
Dhalia Genecourt x1