View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Devlukes take on kestrel 
Death of the Daemons
Death of the Daemons

Post Devlukes take on kestrel
So, in light of my version of kestrel seeing print, i will show you what i was planning on doing with it, and maybe get suggestions/inspire some deck ideas.

Kestrel
Caleb the shifter x1
Alexa Genecourt x1
Genecourt Initiate x3

Basic start up for building.

Corinne drac x3
Lord Argen x1
Takson the Intricate x1
Cardinal Scelus x1
Mother Deiane x1
Sable Knight x1
Green Hag x3
Mariah Blackthorne x3
x3
Knight of Falun x3

Bigger characters that are good at holding their place (keeping his order up) and green hag, cause she is so dumb.

ok now the fun part

Actions:
Lordly Might x2 (for the lols)
Phantom Steed x3 (i can cast it from my guy in the front to move peeps back)
Lightning Bolt x3 (duh)
Incinerate x3 (more duh)
Thrice Fell Horrors x3 (more strikes up front :D)

Items:
Smoke imp x2
Ring of vorn x2
camel x3
necklace of spellstoring x1
Bracers of Deflection x1
Chime of the aerie x1
Shroud of lost souls x1

the items i am currently unsure on. but i like it.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:42 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Re: Devlukes take on kestrel
While the extra strikes are nice to have, but the Smoke Imp can't cast it so it would always be missing the Planer trait. Not that bad though if the opponent can't do much about it. If Kestrel is going to be in the last rank then he might not need all that protection, but also with the new cards like By my Side and Shadowborn Harness having them at 1 of isn't so bad.

The only item I can think of to lose is the chime, but I don't know what to replace it with. Maybe Crevice?

The character's look awesome! Since you have other wizards to cast some spells the spells look pretty good as well. Let us know how everything works once you try it out! :D

2012 NJ Winter Campaign - First place (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 4 Singles (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 2 Doubles (Set'Rokh/King Alaric)

Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:40 pm
Death of the Daemons
Death of the Daemons

from what little playing ive done. just hilarious. Lordly might is something that is just too much fun. and i was thinking of replacing chime but idk yet.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:16 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

with the new chosen coming out + this guy, I am looking forward to making both of them and yahia as illusionists, hoping more illusionist cards are coming out . . .

Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:29 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

I congradulate you on the desighn of what I feel to be the most fun and intrigueing Warlord to date. If I might suggest The Ancestral Wraiths for first turn casting. Cloak of the Leech as Ac won't matter much from the 3rd rank. Plus the ever populer Power Word Kill for the Evil lols when they target your proxy.

Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:59 am
n00b
n00b

But haven't we determined that you can't use Reacts off of the proxy? Since it is still Kestral casting the spell (and paying all costs etc.) just as though he was in thier place? You aren't targeting him but whatever character he chose instead...

Man I'm just being a buzzkill today... :|

Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:11 pm
Death of the Daemons
Death of the Daemons

kind of.
you can use certain reacts. though Power word kill is NOT one of them simply because the strike never targets the wizard. if for example though you wanted to use illusory form you could since you are allowed to target another character.

Evil-Betty wrote:
I congradulate you on the desighn of what I feel to be the most fun and intrigueing Warlord to date. If I might suggest The Ancestral Wraiths for first turn casting. Cloak of the Leech as Ac won't matter much from the 3rd rank. Plus the ever populer Power Word Kill for the Evil lols when they target your proxy.

Thank you very much. I have always thought that illusionists should be able to do something similar. And i agree about wraiths, it got put in my current build i have yet to update this one. I probably will sometime soon.

Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:52 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Then I recomed a Spell Book to add +2 to the Illusory Form Magic save, which when comboed off the leechy cloak can make for some 20+ DC Forms. All of which can be cast from the safty of your proxy. They both also combo with your Lordly Might.

Character wise i'm also quite enamoured with Okull the Defiant and iphigenia So your proxy Okull will have a 20 AC Cancel on a 4 and both allow for greater Form abuse.

Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:26 pm
Death of the Daemons
Death of the Daemons

in some ways i agree and some ways i disagree. with how i have it built right now i just got as many high-hp/ac walls as i could. though i obviously have a lot of testing ahead.

plus i need my god damn copy already XD

Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:40 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

I have a hard time respecting this deck at all without Harness the Storm in it.

nilonka wrote:
there are five people on this website anymore, Woodrow: me you, Nihil, Wendy, and they guy who loves Trench as a warlord. You can't afford to disagree. WE NEED THESE TOURNEY KITS!!!!!

Kerebrus wrote:
Woodrow, your jank may have crossed the line this time.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:22 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

I think Thrice fell comes into play adjacent to Kestral wherever he is. pretty sure Iceman made it clear on the limits of what his illusion ability allows.

bingo:

Iceman wrote:
You are correct, Rich.

The only thing Kestrel can do with his order is pretend to be in a different location for the purpose of choosing the targets of his spells.
He is not really there (i.e. thrice-fell does not come into play anywhere but adjacent to him), he does not trigger reacts (green hag), he cannot react in place of the target (PW: Kill), and he is not affected by effects on his target (Lady of Pain penalties).

Cavalry will work as it always has, with the benefit of actually strengthening the bonus he grants to his surrogate.
Illusionist tricks are even better now because stuff like Illusory Form can be cast from afar (which was always a desire of the old decks - to stay out of range).
Spell blitz is similarly empowered - so much easier to acquire range on enemy targets with very little risk. I'd be tempted to run 20+ spells in this deck, with the only items being stuff like Cloak of the Leech and Ring of Spell Storing.

Cheers.
-VIC

from http://www.temple-of-lore.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=37970

kthx.

Malexin wrote:
There is a food chain. I am on top of it.

Malexin wrote:
...seed your tomato, for the love of god, seed your tomatoes...

Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Profile WWW
Death of the Daemons
Death of the Daemons

yeah i made the deck based on my original design not the card itself, thrice fell doesn't work with it as said.

either way it didn't work as well as i had hoped.
to be honest i just went pure spell blitz with my current version, ill update it after i do a lil more testing

Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]