View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Open Sorceress Ygraine Wall of Swords Deck 
n00b
n00b

Post Open Sorceress Ygraine Wall of Swords Deck
Hello,

When looking around for a unique deck to build and I found Valora's Valorous Wall of Swords deck (see below link). I wanted to put a spin on it so I made a Sorceress Ygraine open version of it.

http://www.temple-of-lore.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=38136&hilit=Lost+Bride

Starting Army:
1x Sorceress Ygraine
3x D'Ilchant Keeper
2x Carock

Army:
3x Ghed Trussen
1x Taltos the Hale
3x Okull the Defiant
3x Taltos Rellion
1x Mother Deiane
3x Ghed Daucet
1x Ghed Solan
3x Cardinal Scelus
1x Evon Myerdeth

Actions:
3x Wall of Swords
2x Mirror Image
2x Maddening Scream
1x Rune of Protection
3x Taunting Blow
1x War Rune
1x Shatter
3x Extensions

Items:
3x Potion of Blurring
3x Dueling Saber
1x Nodwick
1x Camel
1x Krenthor's Maw

I had to make sure I had another wizards and clerics in my deck to cast the spend orders that I have. I may take out some of the pure fighters for more support since they're not the true focus of the deck. I may be in a combination of these cards: Mother Deiane, Ghed Solan, Toren Yscar, and or Ivaas.

Thoughts? More potential then the Sigrida Valora version of this deck?

Fri May 17, 2013 5:28 am
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

Post Re: Open Sorceress Ygraine Wall of Swords Deck
ultimate problem of a deck like this is that you need to find some way to force them to attack you. Wall of Swords (and Burning Hands, which could be a nice addition) essentially divert your opponent's focus to ANYONE else, or a smart player will just pass instead of jumping into an obvious trap.

you are running the obvious Dueling Saber (plus Camel).

it is a difficult level 7, but consider Red Steel Gauntlets

another "trick" with this plan would be looking at what you can do to make Ygraine support more characters for illegal ranks, and park a couple of casters behind her raining fire. (and with suitable offensive spells she can rain them on the second rank)

Naomi of Sarakia would be a smart inclusion, both Cleric and Wizard for your needs.

and heck, maybe spice the weapon up with runes. Swift Striking and Death are handy. secure the operation with Sigil of Bonding (but then you need to scrap the potions of Blurring, not worth the wound).

Richard Carter - 2002 (Scrub player), 2003 (undefeated Swiss with Kerebrus), 2004 (4th at KOHIT with Dezicrah), 2005 (Dragonlord & World Conquest Team), 2006 (Editor, PDT member, & Majeral runner), 2007 ( Medusan Lord, & Bobby Zebrowski's Hero), 2008 (Ghed Jaroslav, Soul of the Storm, 4e Design Team), 2009 (Soul of the Storm falls, Gixu the Jester rises), 2010 (Jernar Thanatoc falls), 2011 (Bobby Zebrowski's sloppy second Gixu), 2012 (Driver of Atu the Fallen)

Fri May 17, 2013 7:16 am
Initiate
Initiate

remember, Stza Fasthand would be a good addition to get that strike against you.

and if they choose not to strike, which they might, you can mirror magic it with Raylor Magicbane+Vorpal Blade = GG.

and size it up with a Shadow to guarantee it.

and if they do decide to strike, use Lightning Strikes for the killing blow on the Warlord. :)

Sat May 18, 2013 1:48 am
Head of Insanity Division
Head of Insanity Division

Kerebrus wrote:
another "trick" with this plan would be looking at what you can do to make Ygraine support more characters for illegal ranks, and park a couple of casters behind her raining fire. (and with suitable offensive spells she can rain them on the second rank)

Blackstone Spaulders, obviously.
Tortoise Stance, as well.

Mon May 20, 2013 10:01 am
n00b
n00b

I made some changes. See below...

Starting Army:
1x Sorceress Ygraine
3x D'Ilchant Keeper
2x Carock

Army:
3x Zhul - Combine with Magic Shop to reset Dueling Saber
3x Shadowreaver - Combine with Magic Shop to reset Dueling Saber
3x Naomi of Sarakia - Flexibility for Spend Order Wizard actions or Wall of Swords
3x Okull the Defiant - Flexibility for Spend Order Wizard actions or front line work
3x Taltos Rellion - Put a Dueling Saber back into your hand and replay back on Sorceress Ygraine for another force attack
1x Mother Deiane - Cancel ability is worth it
1x Ivaas - Draw ability for combo
1x Toren Yscar - Draw ability for combo
1x Evon Myerdeth - Boast Sorceress Ygraine

Actions:
3x Wall of Swords
2x Maddening Scream
1x Rune of Protection
3x Taunting Blow
1x War Rune
2x Magic Shop - May try to find room for a 3rd
3x Extensions

Items:
1x Red Steel Gauntlets - Reset Dueling Saber
3x Potion of Blurring
3x Dueling Saber
1x Nodwick
1x Camel - Reset Dueling Saber
1x Krenthor's Maw

I would like to get a Shatter and one more Magic Shop in the deck but I'm not sure what to take out.

Tue May 21, 2013 7:49 pm
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

I like it, the plan seems a lot better.

only one level 3 character, the rest are 4+, dangerous. and your starting line up is solid, but not pure rank holding.

I think I would almost prefer something like a Shield of Dulon, Spellbook, Rite of Power to play Innate Ability on Burning Hands. (also has the benefit of generating Ygraine's strike, and your ATK you can control / enhance, while their skill is generally out of your control, although I do see your Taunting Blow).

Plus, the current plan doesn't have a way to retrieve Wall of Swords, so those turns have a strict limit.

much of your early couple of turns is going to be just stunning characters forward and getting the pieces into play. Camel, Red steel Gauntlets, and Krenthor's Maw will require you to move backwards. Consider at least a Ring of Vorn.

admittedly, I play a much more aggressive and offense oriented style. and I am trying to figure out if you could run Armor of the Earth to regain one Cleric spell.

use Hope and Fauhn Boralis?

Richard Carter - 2002 (Scrub player), 2003 (undefeated Swiss with Kerebrus), 2004 (4th at KOHIT with Dezicrah), 2005 (Dragonlord & World Conquest Team), 2006 (Editor, PDT member, & Majeral runner), 2007 ( Medusan Lord, & Bobby Zebrowski's Hero), 2008 (Ghed Jaroslav, Soul of the Storm, 4e Design Team), 2009 (Soul of the Storm falls, Gixu the Jester rises), 2010 (Jernar Thanatoc falls), 2011 (Bobby Zebrowski's sloppy second Gixu), 2012 (Driver of Atu the Fallen)

Tue May 21, 2013 10:38 pm
n00b
n00b

I like the Innate Ability with Burning Hands combo. That would even work well with Magic Shop.

Besides the cards you listed for boosting spell level I could also use 13th Edition Spellbook or Dragon's Blood. If I go with the 13th Edition Spellbook I would need more skill since my chance for success is only about 50%. Using Nehil or Smoke Imp would be two potential familiars to use to raise my Warlord's skill.

There is also Blackiron Wand, Pendant of Grandeur, and Ritual Amulet.

I don't like that fact that Sorceress Ygraine is level 4 which limits my ability to equip those level 7 items in the front ranks and for pulling off the Innate Ability combo with raising her level by two.

Lets try this...

Add these cards:
+ 3x 13th Edition Spellbook
+ 3x Innate Ability
+ 2x Nehil
+ 2x Burning Hands

Subtract these cards:
- 2x Maddening Scream
- 1x Rune of Protection
- 1x War Rune
- 1x Red Steel Gauntlets
- 3x Potion of Blurring
- 1x Nodwick
- 1x Krenthor's Maw

I may have to tweak these numbers since I still want to add something to recycle Wall of Swords from my discard and now I'm missing some defense in my Potion of Blurring.

Wed May 22, 2013 7:57 pm
n00b
n00b

For Items and Actions I may go with this instead:

Actions:
3x Wall of Swords
3x Innate Ability
2x Burning Hands
3x Taunting Blow
2x Magic Shop
1x Conjuration
3x Extensions

Items:
2x 13th Edition Spellbook
1x Nehil
2x Dueling Saber
1x Camel

Wed May 22, 2013 9:06 pm
n00b
n00b

I changed my mind about 13th Edition Spellbook. I didn't realize it was a every spell I cast. I thought it was an activated power. Opps

I'm going back away from Innate ability now. It's taking too many cards to get off and my deck is limited as it is; unless I end up going with less characters and I don't think I want to at this moment.

Starting Army:
1x Sorceress Ygraine
3x Squire Trevet
2x Acolyte Dorra

Army:
3x Zhul
3x Shadowreaver
3x Naomi of Sarakia
3x Knight of Falun
3x Taltos Rellion
1x Mother Deiane
1x Ivaas
1x Toren Yscar
1x Evon Myerdeth

Actions:
3x Wall of Swords
3x Burning Hands
3x Mirror Image
3x Taunting Blow
3x Magic Shop
3x Extensions
1x Conjuration

Items:
3x Dueling Saber
1x Armor of the Earth
1x Camel
1x Ring of Vorn

Thu May 23, 2013 5:48 pm
Lava Shark
Lava Shark

Zhul and Shadowreaver need to GTFO ASAP, IMO, as they do nothing. That or you should include a reason for them being there, i.e. adding Mirror Magic so that Ygraine can permanently attach Burning Hands or somesuch.

You have tons of wizards, and not tons of clerics, though, so I'd get rid of them, and increase your Cleric #'s.

I'd consider Nelchat the Horror for her cycling into the Saber/casting ability.

Ghed Morak should not be ignored.

Ghed Nuri should not be ignored.

Some means of wound removal should not be ignored, even if it's just a Medical Kit.

-nihil

Arven wrote:
You are correct on all counts.

Yamauta wrote:
Thank you Nihil. That badass post was one of the most informative posts I've ever seen here...

Fintago wrote:
...Nihil...When someone puts a keyboard in front of you, you become the worst kind of person. I mean Christ.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:59 am
Profile WWW

Also if you're looking for more skill, why not Helm of Vision? Gives you some protection up front.

Also for illegal rank structure you could try Staff of War in addition to Blackstone Spaulders.

And then park Taumar the Protector in rank 2 where can not only beef up your AC some more, but rain fire on your opponent's front rank.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don't. * Captain of Team Real California Cheese * Denizen of Anything * Order of the Doomed Liver - Strategic Inebriator

Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:41 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]