View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Aridun's Gargoyles 
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Re: Aridun's Gargoyles
Look and this. We have our fearful Dwarf leader back and checking the TOL!!
Welcome back :)

I did put it together (after some card help from Slugman - really good card selection for sale) and it was fun as heck.
There were a couple of cards that I tweaked (the level 3 summonses Gargoyle seem d to be a waste to my mind and found casting the Level 6 Spell a little hard) but outside that it was fun. As you said it was a little slow initially but once it gets going it’s statying power is strong. My starting line up may also be weak as I’m missing the ones you listed and just had to work with Tarpit Gargoyle.
Recycling Gargoyles using the Hammer just made me giggle after so much energy was used to kill them in the first place.

Only got to play one game with my buddy because I’d put together 8 nex decks to try out that night. Hoping to get another chance to play tonight as his work schedule is finally slowing down (stupid real life interrupting Warlord time).

I’ll let you know more after I have a chance to play it four or five times.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:05 am
Profile YIM
Hammer of Kor
Hammer of Kor

Nigel wrote:
Look and this. We have our fearful Dwarf leader back and checking the TOL!!
Welcome back :)
:D

:dwarf:

Quote:
I did put it together (after some card help from Slugman - really good card selection for sale) and it was fun as heck.
Success!

Quote:
There were a couple of cards that I tweaked (the level 3 summonses Gargoyle seem d to be a waste to my mind and found casting the Level 6 Spell a little hard) but outside that it was fun. As you said it was a little slow initially but once it gets going it’s staying power is strong. My starting line up may also be weak as I’m missing the ones you listed and just had to work with Tarpit Gargoyle.
Oh, the lvl 3's aren't weak, and they're a good chunk of giving you space to really get the big boys rolling. Nine of them are single-strike fighters to combo with Opal Garg, which is just a silly little synergy and effective particularly early game. Black Stones are - as they always have been - abusable lvl 3's especially in a deck that buffs like this one does. Nilrem just makes everyone more effective - stupidly so. *And* stacks ... because of course they do. (Hey, it's a Rosenberg thing, what can I say?)

Don't discount the Ironhall actions. Yes, they're lvl 6 and can be tough to throw out early-game, but a tenth of the deck is there to help you play them (in addition to making most everything else obnoxious) - 2x Symbol of Kor, 1x Belt of Champions and 3x Mentorship. You could always sack one or two of the single-strike Lvl 3 gargs for a couple Torens, just to add a card-digging discard mechanic. (The only reason I didn't is a) because they're not Gargoyles, and b) I can't specifically dig them out of the deck with the mechanics I already have - again, because they're not Gargs.)

As for the start ... I get the Tarpits, because ranged is an issue. But I like the start I have for obvious reasons where Opal is concerned; Serpentscales combo with him because they buff right at the start when you pull Opal into your hand and ready when he returns (if you don't have a better target - which I've already talked about how he helps with the single-strike 3's), and Lightstones are potentially an extra fast strike as well.

Quote:
Recycling Gargoyles using the Hammer just made me giggle after so much energy was used to kill them in the first place.
:yes:

Quote:
Only got to play one game with my buddy because I’d put together 8 nex decks to try out that night. Hoping to get another chance to play tonight as his work schedule is finally slowing down (stupid real life interrupting Warlord time).

I’ll let you know more after I have a chance to play it four or five times.
:check: I certainly get real life. Look forward to hearing how it goes. Do give the original a few tries! :thumbsup:

Doctorfuzion wrote:
I just shut it down. It's got flaming bad juju written all over it.
CCP Mitnal wrote:
And there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth and great loss of forum posting rights

Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:18 pm
Profile YIM
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

tMmM wrote:
Oh, the lvl 3's aren't weak, and they're a good chunk of giving you space to really get the big boys rolling. Nine of them are single-strike fighters to combo with Opal Garg, which is just a silly little synergy and effective particularly early game. Black Stones are - as they always have been - abusable lvl 3's especially in a deck that buffs like this one does. Nilrem just makes everyone more effective - stupidly so. *And* stacks ... because of course they do. (Hey, it's a Rosenberg thing, what can I say?)

I was trying to reply from work during my lunch hour on my phone so could explain what I meant.
The card I was referring to was Ironhall's Reach. I can see that it may be a rank holder but that was about it.

tMmM wrote:
Don't discount the Ironhall actions. Yes, they're lvl 6 and can be tough to throw out early-game, but a tenth of the deck is there to help you play them (in addition to making most everything else obnoxious) - 2x Symbol of Kor, 1x Belt of Champions and 3x Mentorship. You could always sack one or two of the single-strike Lvl 3 gargs for a couple Torens, just to add a card-digging discard mechanic. (The only reason I didn't is a) because they're not Gargoyles, and b) I can't specifically dig them out of the deck with the mechanics I already have - again, because they're not Gargs.)

See that is what I get for not actually reading the card correct. Didn't see that Mentorship provided an additional level to allow for the Ironhall's Rise & Fury. Now that makes things a little different.
Assuming you mean Tome of Champions but that only for Fighters and I don't know how that helps to increase the level for Aridun, did you mean to include the Cleric version?

As for the start ... I get the Tarpits, because ranged is an issue. But I like the start I have for obvious reasons where Opal is concerned; Serpentscales combo with him because they buff right at the start when you pull Opal into your hand and ready when he returns (if you don't have a better target - which I've already talked about how he helps with the single-strike 3's), and Lightstones are potentially an extra fast strike as well.

[/quote]
I'm actually missing some of the cards from the starting ranks and had to replace the ones on your list with others.
opal gargoyle & Serpentscale Gargoyle so I don't have them as an option.

tMmM wrote:
Look forward to hearing how it goes. Do give the original a few tries! :thumbsup:

I will certainly have to give it another go as per your original listing :)

again that whole reading the cards thing will help.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:11 pm
Profile YIM
Hammer of Kor
Hammer of Kor

Nigel wrote:
I was trying to reply from work during my lunch hour on my phone so could explain what I meant.
The card I was referring to was Ironhall's Reach. I can see that it may be a rank holder but that was about it.
Rank holders are potentially strong, early, and Reach being only a lvl 3 spell is no problem to get out. Fury and Rise are the lvl 6's.

Quote:
tMmM wrote:
See that is what I get for not actually reading the card correct. Didn't see that Mentorship provided an additional level to allow for the Ironhall's Rise & Fury. Now that makes things a little different.
Yup.

Quote:
Assuming you mean Tome of Champions but that only for Fighters and I don't know how that helps to increase the level for Aridun, did you mean to include the Cleric version?
Yeah, it would have to be Tome of Divine Wisdom. My bad. :oops: Although you can easily get the Tome of Champions on onto your big, bad 4's, especially after you dump spare Mentorships and the like on them. Optional card entirely, don't need it.

Quote:
Quote:
I'm actually missing some of the cards from the starting ranks and had to replace the ones on your list with others.

Opal Gargoyle & Serpentscale Gargoyle so I don't have them as an option.
They're commons, shouldn't be TOO hard.

Quote:
I will certainly have to give it another go as per your original listing :)

again that whole reading the cards thing will help.
:wink:

Doctorfuzion wrote:
CCP Mitnal wrote:
And there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth and great loss of forum posting rights

Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:19 am
Profile YIM
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Nice deck, Tracey! :)

I wonder, do you wish/intent to revise it with the 4E data available or you feel satisfied with what it does, thus far?

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:29 pm
Hammer of Kor
Hammer of Kor

ILLUVATAR85 wrote:
Nice deck, Tracy! :)
Thanks! 8)

Quote:
I wonder, do you wish/intent to revise it with the 4E data available or you feel satisfied with what it does, thus far?
Since I no longer really play, I hadn't been planning on it; but now you mention it, I might see what updates appeal to me. :check:

I'm not objectionable at all to suggestions, especially those in the nature of a tweak. If it looks like it's gonna completely redo the deck, however, that's best set for its own topic. :yes:

Doctorfuzion wrote:
CCP Mitnal wrote:

Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:40 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2