View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Back to visit after eight years 
Command Staff
Command Staff

Post Re: Back to visit after eight years
Last weekend, I drove a few hours just to spend a Friday/Saturday with a couple friends -- so we could play Warlord. The nostalgia is potent. Life is great. Pleasantly surprised to see this site still exists, in any form. Hi! Good times.

Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:02 am
Hammer of Kor
Hammer of Kor

YOYOY wrote:
Last weekend, I drove a few hours just to spend a Friday/Saturday with a couple friends -- so we could play Warlord. The nostalgia is potent. Life is great. Pleasantly surprised to see this site still exists, in any form. Hi! Good times.
Indeed!

It's interesting, really - the traffic on the Temple isn't what it was, a totally obvious conclusion given the game's actual status; in fact, it's only just this side of oblivion. And yet ... and yet, even though I don't play anymore, I still come back to visit because this game has impacted my life in other ways - mostly in my other gaming - and there's no better reference anywhere on Earth to help with that. I dive into the card spoiler on a regular basis because of it ... and end up reminiscing. And that leads to exercising my modly duties a little when I see topics in yellow, and then a convo with Nigel, and then some deck theorizing and more reminiscing and on. Because this is still THE place, Facebook notwithstanding, where so much can still be found. Where things Warlord can be found.

Barring something we cannot see right now changing drastically (and perhaps even then), things will never be the way they were. Facebook is the community's hangout, like it or not, for a variety of reasons, and all of them valid.

And yet ... this place remains. The Temple remains. Good times indeed.

Doctorfuzion wrote:
I just shut it down. It's got flaming bad juju written all over it.
CCP Mitnal wrote:
And there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth and great loss of forum posting rights

Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:21 am
Profile YIM
Command Staff
Command Staff

tMmM wrote:
... I still come back to visit because this game has impacted my life in other ways - mostly in my other gaming -...

I've been thinking about this -- Warlord, purely as a game, as a system of competition, is so good. So good. I've played other games, don't get me wrong, but there's something singular about Warlord. I've tried stuff like Hearthstone, but there's something about the added tactical layer of positioning having significance, and having dozens of Warlords to choose from who establish an identity to another factor much deeper than just one of several factions, and, and... all of it. I'm not Academic Game Theorist enough to convey the concepts adequately, but I can recognize its sheer quality, and I suspect I'll be 'chasing the dragon' in my gaming life for years to come. It' tickled my brain like nothing else, to a lasting impact. It's just fun! Ah, Warlord.

Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2