View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Magic the Gathering 
Warlord
Warlord

Post Re: Magic the Gathering
Im confident that wouldnt be the reason the price is going up, at least if you mean directly from wotc. They seem pretty adimant about making the regular cards accessible to people.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:06 am
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Rayzer730 wrote:
Im confident that wouldnt be the reason the price is going up, at least if you mean directly from wotc. They seem pretty adimant about making the regular cards accessible to people.

Sorry if I was unclear. No. The stores themselves are raising the prices. Star City Games I'm told has already declared they are charging $50 more for RTR boxes because they can.

John Mathys, Adept BH #1046 OotDL*Team Bydo*Free Kingdoms Secretary of War*Team Masakari and I
Red Mage wrote:
Just Promise To Murder Me With Your Pants On

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:54 am
Profile YIM WWW
Warlord
Warlord

Thats kinda effed up. Im sure wotc could penalize them for something like that if they wanted.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:48 am
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Nah you can still prepay at around 80 to 100 depending on where you go. I think they are saying that towards the end it will go up. As supply and demand ya know. Zendikar and world wake were like that too.

TEAM PIMP- Slowhand-C.F.O.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:14 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

If a place will let you pre-order at the old prices after these announcements than more power to you. SCG's statement though isn't 'toward the end' it's 'day the set is live'. The store I play at traditionally undercuts the internet as much as he can and stay open and even he said boxes of RTR are going to be $130 if you hadn't pre-ordered it.

John Mathys, Adept BH #1046 OotDL*Team Bydo*Free Kingdoms Secretary of War*Team Masakari and I
Red Mage wrote:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:42 am
Profile YIM WWW
Command Staff
Command Staff

carvincustom wrote:
If a place will let you pre-order at the old prices after these announcements than more power to you. SCG's statement though isn't 'toward the end' it's 'day the set is live'. The store I play at traditionally undercuts the internet as much as he can and stay open and even he said boxes of RTR are going to be $130 if you hadn't pre-ordered it.

:shrug:

The place near me is offering pre-orders at $90 a box.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:38 pm
Warlord
Warlord

We're selling at the same price we have for all other sets. $120 preorder price, $130 if you don't (both prices after tax) :shrug:

Cdn$ of course. Can't be bothered to look at the exchange rate.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:43 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Darguth wrote:
carvincustom wrote:

:shrug:

The place near me is offering pre-orders at $90 a box.

Damn, maybe it's just where I live. Oh well. Maybe I'll just stop playing again. The cost/benefit ratio of minis is so much better.

Red Mage wrote:

Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

The store I frequent is 99 a box. SCG is just trying to get more money out of people.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:42 pm
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson

Wanderer wrote:
SCG is just trying to get more money out of people.

*SHOCK*

This is the same store that is selling RTR for $4 a pack, but the average "pack contents" price adds up to $4.83 or something.

Kasugoan's Redemption • Slayer of the Silvered Fount • Warlord Story Team, Retired • Order of the Doomed Liver-Darth Cider • 2009 ToL Keeper Fantasy League Champion • 2010 & 2011 ToL Football Pick 'em Champion
Draven (about DP9K) wrote:
Psh, im from kentucky. I rode him for YEARS

Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:48 pm
Profile YIM
DaemonLord Traitor
DaemonLord Traitor

Wanderer wrote:
The store I frequent is 99 a box. SCG is just trying to get more money out of people.

99 as a pre-order? Or will the price stay after launch?

NirvanaTool wrote:
not starting during the given time frame up is like the "missionary position" of [Censor: Quack!] in Warlord - standard, no big deal.

Spam Bot wrote:
Temple imprisons an unsuccessful bull inside the super wolf. Whatever evolutionary brush chambers her giving entrance. Temple aims Reward program in the premise. Can Temple censor a common wood?

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:11 pm
Profile YIM
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Draven wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

Since WoTC seems to have cut their order that price was preorder. They say WoTC was not giving people as much at launch. Usually that price is after launch too. We will see.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:51 pm
DaemonLord Traitor
DaemonLord Traitor

Wanderer wrote:
Draven wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

Since WoTC seems to have cut their order that price was preorder. They say WoTC was not giving people as much at launch. Usually that price is after launch too. We will see.

I think our local store shoots the price to 119 or 129 per box after pre-orders.

NirvanaTool wrote:
not starting during the given time frame up is like the "missionary position" of [Censor: Quack!] in Warlord - standard, no big deal.

Spam Bot wrote:
Temple imprisons an unsuccessful bull inside the super wolf. Whatever evolutionary brush chambers her giving entrance. Temple aims Reward program in the premise. Can Temple censor a common wood?

Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:15 pm
Profile YIM
Warlord
Warlord

Just entered a sealed event today in Staten Island. Store was selling boxes for $120. Packs were $4.00.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:49 pm
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Went to a couple game stores today. The one I buy/play Magic at had Fat Packs at $40 and Intros at $15 (I didn't look at packs, bought some singles cause I was on my way to see Looper). The store I buy minis from (normally more expensive) had packs for $3.50 and Fat Packs for $36, and Two Rakdos prerelease kits still at $22. Trying to decide if I want to go back for one tomorrow or pick up freshly discounted Malifaux crews ($20 each).

Red Mage wrote:

Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:06 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next