View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
SolForge 
Corruption's Cornerstone
Corruption's Cornerstone

Post Re: SolForge
Chaosnake wrote:
How much money did you guys spend to get damn near complete collections?

Kickstarter for $100 - that got me a ridiculous amount of cards.
$100 after the draft update.
$150 during the Black Friday sale
$50 or so for randomly assorted gold here and there
Plus there was another $60 in store credit I won at an Ascension tourney at GenCon that I used to buy gold.

So about $500 over a year and a half.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:02 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Well I went for the 60 dollar tier. That got me 90 dollars credit from the bonus they gave. I put 20 in at thanksgiving. I am far from complete but I have a lot of legendaries and more than one play set of a few of them.

Damn beta of android ruined my draft the other night. I had packmaster, two roars, and plenty of fatties and enough hounds to keep my lanes full almost at all times. It was lagging so much I wouldn't know it was my turn unless I left to the main menu and went back in.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:48 pm
Elite Dark Horseman
Elite Dark Horseman

Yea, I don't play tournament games on my Iphone because sometimes it's laggy/slow as [Censor: Quack!] and I accidentally time out.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:04 am
DaemonLord Traitor
DaemonLord Traitor

Been running this for fun
1 x Heart Tree
1 x Leafkin Progenitor
2 x Cultivate
3 x Botanimate
3 x Ferocious Roar
1 x Phytobomb
3 x Wildwood Sower
2 x Grove Matriarch
2 x Dreadbolt
3 x Fleshfiend
3 x Epidemic
3 x Runescarred Zombie
3 x Tarsus Deathweaver

Lots of [Censor: poo] I'd like to replace/add more of but just lack the cards ATM. Leafkin + Tarsus is the [Censor: poo]. Really, Tarsus + Anything in this deck is the [Censor: poo].

edit - this deck seems to make people rage quit a lot.

NirvanaTool wrote:
not starting during the given time frame up is like the "missionary position" of [Censor: Quack!] in Warlord - standard, no big deal.

Spam Bot wrote:
Temple imprisons an unsuccessful bull inside the super wolf. Whatever evolutionary brush chambers her giving entrance. Temple aims Reward program in the premise. Can Temple censor a common wood?

Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:15 pm
Profile YIM
Ain't afraid of no ghost!

Brian played a deck kind of like against me today and rage quit vs my robots. He doesn't have as much in his deck as yours does, so I can see why people would rage quit vs it.

I get to remind them that a governmental bureaucracy put a man on the moon.

The [Censor: Quack!] moon.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:56 pm
Profile YIM
DaemonLord Traitor
DaemonLord Traitor

Ive kinda fallen out of this lately. Just been doing my dailies in 5 minutes and nothing more. With the card of the days going up, it feels much more pay to win. The power curve took a steep jump with just the 20 cards they added, which makes me worry about balancing issues they may have and that we might see something like the Epic Edition power creep.

NirvanaTool wrote:
not starting during the given time frame up is like the "missionary position" of [Censor: Quack!] in Warlord - standard, no big deal.

Spam Bot wrote:
Temple imprisons an unsuccessful bull inside the super wolf. Whatever evolutionary brush chambers her giving entrance. Temple aims Reward program in the premise. Can Temple censor a common wood?

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:31 pm
Profile YIM
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

I haven't tried it. I'm guessing it turned out to not be as good as expected?

2017 GenCon Ancients Event - 4th & Top Elf
"We're just like Kevin Bacon!" - Anton Cyldragen
nilonka wrote:
there are five people on this website anymore, Woodrow: me you, Nihil, Wendy, and they guy who loves Trench as a warlord. You can't afford to disagree. WE NEED THESE TOURNEY KITS!!!!!

Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:55 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

I haven't tried it. I'm guessing it turned out to not be as good as expected?

nilonka wrote:
there are five people on this website anymore, Woodrow: me you, Nihil, Wendy, and they guy who loves Trench as a warlord. You can't afford to disagree. WE NEED THESE TOURNEY KITS!!!!!

Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:55 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

The game is fine but there is only one set and a 20 card mini set. There are not enough cards to have varied strategy. With draft you have another way to get card.Some higher rarity cards are more game changing, but it is player skill that tends to win it for you. You just have to keep working though those rougher games to get used to things. I have seen some of what Chris Vacarro has done with his free to play account. The next set may better let you know how this game will go in thelong run.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:32 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

I can hold out. What's the deal with these online card games taking forever to release cards... MandM:DoC releases cards at least. Btw, I recommend that one.

nilonka wrote:

Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:36 pm
DaemonLord Traitor
DaemonLord Traitor

Woodrow wrote:
I can hold out. What's the deal with these online card games taking forever to release cards... MandM:DoC releases cards at least. Btw, I recommend that one.

Solforge is still in early beta. My guess the only reason it went open beta was to keep the cash flow going for development.

NirvanaTool wrote:

Spam Bot wrote:

Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:04 pm
Profile YIM

Draven wrote:
Woodrow wrote:

Solforge is still in early beta. My guess the only reason it went open beta was to keep the cash flow going for development.

This. Probably helps to just keep people paid tbh, with them working on Ascension Online too.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:53 pm
Profile YIM

Getting beat by someone that just drops Forge Guardian Gamma level 3 the entire time in a draft match until he was able to summon the guardian was probably the most frustratingly annoying thing I've ever had happen to me in a card game.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:43 pm
Profile YIM
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson

I love drafting Forge Guardians, heh.

I don't agree with Tony's comments that there are not varied strategies. :shrug:

Kasugoan's Redemption • Slayer of the Silvered Fount • Warlord Story Team, Retired • Order of the Doomed Liver-Darth Cider • 2009 ToL Keeper Fantasy League Champion • 2010 & 2011 ToL Football Pick 'em Champion
Draven (about DP9K) wrote:
Psh, im from kentucky. I rode him for YEARS

Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:10 pm
Profile YIM

I was just so frustrated by that loss the other night because he had no life whatsoever while I was sitting at 75. Then he gets the Guardian out and one shots my life.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:37 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next