View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Madden 25 review 
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post Madden 25 review
Just got Madden 25 and thought I'd share my initial thoughts.

Things it fixed/did better from Madden 13

Visual Glitches - You don't see any of those weird tackles where limbs go flying in all directions or where players fall over like dominoes from other players trying to stand up.

Owner's Mode - It's been added back in. Pretty cool feautres.

Fantasy Draft - It's been added back in

Practice in Career Mode is better - All practices are 2000XP rather than the random practice amounts of Madden 13. Also they are significantly shorter. Most start in the "4th quarter" so you aren't spending half your career just doing stupid practices.

GUI layout - It just seems cleaner to me. This is probably personal preference but I like it. Definitely looks more like the XBox Dashboard

Audible Controls - In Madden 13 if you were playing against a friend on the same TV, you would have to scroll up and down to select any audibles. This pretty much gave away your audibles. Now you can click a controller button to select the audibles while not completely giving away your hand. Also all audibles are from the same formation so there isn't a lot of players moving around also giving your intentions away.

Press Coverage is a little better - I always abused a little thing in Madden 13 where if it was Zone Defense and Press Coverage, my receiver would get 15 yards minimum and often a Touchdown almost every play. This game seems to fix that a bit. The defender doesn't fall down quite so spectacularly when the Press is broken.

Things it did worse than Madden 13

Visual glitches - I saw several glitches in some of the cut scenes where it goes to the players on the sideline or the coach. Most obvious one was the coach had a hat on and there was so much clipping that you saw more of his head than his hat.

Running game is broken - I only played on Pro difficulty so far, so maybe it gets better at higher difficulties, but the running game is basically autopilot for the offense. Runners are much harder to bring down and they tend to get tackled forward for an easy 3-5 yards each play without trying. With a little skill, you can get 10-15 yards each play. I'd hate to see what a skilled player with Adrian Peterson could do.

Offense in general is broken - I played a Pro difficulty game as the Cardinals against the Raiders. The Cardinals aren't awesome but the Raiders are terrible. It may have been that I was still getting used to the new mechanics but it seemed they were basically unstoppable on Offense. Luckily the same was true when I was on Offense. So it basically just became a shootout. Maybe I just need to adjust to the game but on Pro difficulty in Madden 13, I could get a shutout almost every time.

The game feels laggy - There seemed to be some nice responsiveness in Madden 13. I know it wasn't realistic that the human body could change directions like it did in last year's Madden, but it felt right in a video game. This one feels more realistic and not in a good way. This is probably my biggest gripe. While the meta-game has improved a ton, the actual gameplay took a slightly backwards direction.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:35 am
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson

Post Re: Madden 25 review
Silly Siege, this is what Other Games is for :P

Kasugoan's Redemption • Slayer of the Silvered Fount • Warlord Story Team, Retired • Order of the Doomed Liver-Darth Cider • 2009 ToL Keeper Fantasy League Champion • 2010 & 2011 ToL Football Pick 'em Champion
Draven (about DP9K) wrote:
Psh, im from kentucky. I rode him for YEARS

Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:45 am
Profile YIM
Elite Dark Horseman
Elite Dark Horseman

the run game is definitely broken. I like the game overall otherwise

Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:10 pm
Writer
Writer

Chaosnake wrote:

Bo Jackson Tecmo Bowl broken or just broken broken?

Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:10 am
Spammer Supreme
Spammer Supreme

Kyn wrote:
Chaosnake wrote:

Wow... Nice old school reference...

Nah Zaxdad is just that good he doesn't even have to post in a thread to win it. :rofl:
-Geoff

Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:31 pm
DaemonLord Traitor
DaemonLord Traitor

Zaxdad wrote:
Kyn wrote:
Chaosnake wrote:

Wow... Nice old school reference...

What he said.

NirvanaTool wrote:
not starting during the given time frame up is like the "missionary position" of [Censor: Quack!] in Warlord - standard, no big deal.

Spam Bot wrote:
Temple imprisons an unsuccessful bull inside the super wolf. Whatever evolutionary brush chambers her giving entrance. Temple aims Reward program in the premise. Can Temple censor a common wood?

Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:04 pm
Profile YIM
Spammer Supreme
Spammer Supreme

I remember purposefully running back away from the line of scrimmage along the top of the screen until the whole opposing team was following you and then you would just cut down along the bottom of the screen and run all the way to the end zone. :)

Nah Zaxdad is just that good he doesn't even have to post in a thread to win it. :rofl:
-Geoff

Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:36 pm
Writer
Writer

Zaxdad wrote:
I remember purposefully running back away from the line of scrimmage along the top of the screen until the whole opposing team was following you and then you would just cut down along the bottom of the screen and run all the way to the end zone. :)

:yes:

Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]