View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Hearthstone 
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Re: Hearthstone
I'll take three keys if anyone has them!

2017 GenCon Ancients Event - 4th & Top Elf
"We're just like Kevin Bacon!" - Anton Cyldragen
nilonka wrote:
there are five people on this website anymore, Woodrow: me you, Nihil, Wendy, and they guy who loves Trench as a warlord. You can't afford to disagree. WE NEED THESE TOURNEY KITS!!!!!

Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:54 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Revival wrote:
Only deck I struggled against was mage ;/ but who doesn't..

Mage isn't good enough to complain about. It's a strong class, but not the best.

nilonka wrote:
there are five people on this website anymore, Woodrow: me you, Nihil, Wendy, and they guy who loves Trench as a warlord. You can't afford to disagree. WE NEED THESE TOURNEY KITS!!!!!

Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:20 pm
Ain't afraid of no ghost!

just went open beta. anyone playing?

I get to remind them that a governmental bureaucracy put a man on the moon.

The [Censor: Quack!] moon.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:03 pm
Profile YIM
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

DeadlyPenguin9000 wrote:
just went open beta. anyone playing?

Yes. Likely everyone who previously posted in this thread. Including me. Bring it on, AJ! If you want any tips for beginner decks, check out hearthpwn.com - they have a deck lists using the beginner cards. This game is exactly like WoW TCG so I have a decent amount of experience with it (it's actually more like Shadow Era which was a WoW TCG clone minus instant-speed stuff). Anyway, it's pretty fun. It takes awhile to get cards and it looks like Blizzard is being their normal self and trying to figure out ways to get people to spend money on it. If you're just starting out, play casual/ranked for awhile until you understand the game really well and then spend your gold on going into the Arena. If you can get several wins in the Arena you will come out ahead on dust/gold/packs versus if you just ran to buy a pack every 100g you get.

nilonka wrote:

Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:23 am

Well I figured that much. I haven't convinced myself to try it yet. Yeah, it's free. But so was SolForge. :nonono:

Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:02 pm
Profile YIM
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

DeadlyPenguin9000 wrote:
Well I figured that much. I haven't convinced myself to try it yet. Yeah, it's free. But so was SolForge. :nonono:

Well they put in a daily gold limit so you can only make so much per day playing. They also wont budge on upping Arena pay out. Supposedly if you win 12 games in Arena you can get as little as 3 cards. Ive only ever won ten so Im not sure. They mess with the cards which is.. OK. But I think they should just release more cards not tweak everything a bunch. They treat the player base as a slave development team and I think it could bite them in their greedy asses. they spent zilch for art and just copied shadow eras mechanics. Theyve spent almost nothing and stand to make a ton... if their greed doesnt screw everything up.

nilonka wrote:

Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:40 pm

Woodrow wrote:
DeadlyPenguin9000 wrote:

Well they put in a daily gold limit so you can only make so much per day playing. They also wont budge on upping Arena pay out. Supposedly if you win 12 games in Arena you can get as little as 3 cards. Ive only ever won ten so Im not sure. They mess with the cards which is.. OK. But I think they should just release more cards not tweak everything a bunch. They treat the player base as a slave development team and I think it could bite them in their greedy asses. they spent zilch for art and just copied shadow eras mechanics. Theyve spent almost nothing and stand to make a ton... if their greed doesnt screw everything up.

You must be new to Blizzard games in the past several years since Activision got them.

Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:02 pm
Profile YIM
DaemonLord Traitor
DaemonLord Traitor

DeadlyPenguin9000 wrote:
Woodrow wrote:
DeadlyPenguin9000 wrote:

You must be new to Blizzard games in the past several years since Activision got them.

Pretty much this. The way to get new cards for free in hearthstone takes a pretty long time in comparison to SolForge. However Hearthstone's gameplay seems faster and less likely to be screwed over by luck than you are in solforge. Solforge has more variance in deck types and cards.

If you have the money, I'd suggest hearthstone as you'll probably be more likely to earn your money back if you plan on getting serious. Otherwise solforge is pretty budget friendly (I havent spent a dime, have nearly a full set of every heroic, only missing a good chunk of the highest legendaries) and are also planning on adding even more ways to get free cards. Solforge is still in pretty early though with several key features yet to be implemented as they have a much smaller team/company working on it. I'd imagine Hearthstone will be going actually live pretty soon as the bugs list gets smaller and smaller and as far as I can tell, all it's main features have been added.

NirvanaTool wrote:
not starting during the given time frame up is like the "missionary position" of [Censor: Quack!] in Warlord - standard, no big deal.

Spam Bot wrote:
Temple imprisons an unsuccessful bull inside the super wolf. Whatever evolutionary brush chambers her giving entrance. Temple aims Reward program in the premise. Can Temple censor a common wood?

Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:28 pm
Profile YIM
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

As long as Hearthstone maintains an elite competitive scene, I know the WoW TCG crew will stick with it. A lot of the good WoW TCG players are consistently winning/placing in the bigger Hearthstone tournaments that have happened. One guy switched over to MTG like a week after WoW TCG died and won a Grand Prix, lol. The skills seem to transfer. I bet Chase would be pretty good at Hearthstone. We should start a Warlord player team if that's even a thing yet in the game.

nilonka wrote:

Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:03 pm

I'll probably download it tomorrow and give it a crack. My car is down so I won't be running pies this weekend. Lots of free time and I get to watch the super bowl!

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:09 pm
Profile YIM
Elite Dark Horseman
Elite Dark Horseman

I got bored with Hearthstone fast. Plus I read that once beta is over, you will lose all your progress and start at day 1.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:07 am
DaemonLord Traitor
DaemonLord Traitor

Chaosnake wrote:
I got bored with Hearthstone fast. Plus I read that once beta is over, you will lose all your progress and start at day 1.

after the last account wipe Blizzard said there wouldnt be anymore.

NirvanaTool wrote:
not starting during the given time frame up is like the "missionary position" of [Censor: Quack!] in Warlord - standard, no big deal.

Spam Bot wrote:
Temple imprisons an unsuccessful bull inside the super wolf. Whatever evolutionary brush chambers her giving entrance. Temple aims Reward program in the premise. Can Temple censor a common wood?

Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:45 pm
Profile YIM
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson

Draven wrote:
Chaosnake wrote:

after the last account wipe Blizzard said there wouldnt be anymore.

And the one before that too, from what I hear.

Kasugoan's Redemption • Slayer of the Silvered Fount • Warlord Story Team, Retired • Order of the Doomed Liver-Darth Cider • 2009 ToL Keeper Fantasy League Champion • 2010 & 2011 ToL Football Pick 'em Champion
Draven (about DP9K) wrote:
Psh, im from kentucky. I rode him for YEARS

Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:45 am
Profile YIM
Corruption's Cornerstone
Corruption's Cornerstone

Downloaded this last night and played for a bit. Seems really run. Going to slowly build up the account and draft when I can.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:23 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Muktidata#1183

nilonka wrote:

Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next