View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:34 am



Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Photoshop Addicts 
Author Message
Outer Circle
Outer Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 452
Post 
I like option one.


Though I hope Zartoch will let those of us don't have Photoshop and just like looking at the cards in.


Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:33 am
Profile
Warlord
Warlord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:00 pm
Posts: 16259
Location: New Jersey
Post 
Well, it depends on what Siege does. If the group mods can delete posts, I would allow many people as I could control the clutter. If not, I would only allow people who haven't been famous for spamming and flaming.

Or, Siege could make it a free access group, in which people would have to be responsible and not SPAM the crap out the threads.

_________________
Rayzer730 - A.K.A - The Fish - A.K.A - Zartock89
RayGreavesArt.com


Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:36 pm
Profile WWW
Command Staff
Command Staff
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 4414
Location: Pittsburgh, PA or New York, NY
Post 
Zartock89 wrote:
If not, I would only allow people who haven't been famous for spamming and flaming.

Damn. There go my chances at joining :cry:

_________________
Image
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e46/FrylockDude/Sir-Duncanv1.jpg
Team Dodo • DWCATST!
Spencer Latham gave me a sweet bike!


Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:42 pm
Profile
Inner Circle
Inner Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 1446
Location: Madison, WI
Post 
Ok! I've finally finished my new Warlord card template. (Had to make the faction frames 3 times before I got them completely right)

I've put a few cards together to show the dual-faction idea and just overall card look. Please critique them, not for card idea, but for how everything looks. (text size, shading, etc.)

For anybody who didn't know, I've been working on making a Warlord card template completely from scratch; nothing has been copied/pasted from existing cards. I did use Vhati's Warlord font though, but other than that, its 100% home made.

Note: The original psd file of this template is currently up to 78 layers, sheesh!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/p ... /test1.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/p ... /test2.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/p ... /test3.jpg


Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:35 pm
Profile
Command Staff
Command Staff
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 4414
Location: Pittsburgh, PA or New York, NY
Post 

Well, artistically, they're awesome. However, I can't not say that they are freakin broken.

_________________
Image
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e46/FrylockDude/Sir-Duncanv1.jpg
Team Dodo • DWCATST!
Spencer Latham gave me a sweet bike!


Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:32 am
Profile
Medusan Lord Antichrist
Medusan Lord Antichrist
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 10, 2003 5:00 pm
Posts: 8747
Location: Malrogs Throne
Post 
Frylock_Dude wrote:

Well, artistically, they're awesome. However, I can't not say that they are freakin broken.


Only the first one is Strong.

_________________
Image
Deverenian President : Warlord Playtest : Order of the Doomed Liver : Team Pimp : Michigan Pwnage : BH 1473 : Team Humiliation : West Coast Champ 06 : Socal MMadness Champ 06 : Destined of the Bleeding Eye : MSC Conquest Winner 07 : Medusan Slayer of Emaline, Ossay, Latnok, Majeral and Mithglyn : Medusan Runner of Sedara Tansiq


Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:35 am
Profile YIM
Inner Circle
Inner Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 1446
Location: Madison, WI
Post 
I didn't put a whole lot of thought into the cards themselves, just grabbed a good artwork and put something together that might match it. Like I said, I'm not really looking for feedback on card concepts, but how everything looks. (the frame, shadowing, attack axe, ac shield, text size, etc) The attack axe was, by far, the hardest part of the entire card to make look good.

Obviously, every line is a lot more crisp and clear since I didn't deal with blurring issues from copy/paste and changing sizes, so that leaves chance of an error or oversight being more noticable. But I've been staring at this card template for weeks now, so I figured some fresh sets of eyes looking at it critically may catch something I've overlooked.


Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:04 am
Profile
Command Staff
Command Staff
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 4414
Location: Pittsburgh, PA or New York, NY
Post 
TheCardinalofPain wrote:
Frylock_Dude wrote:

Well, artistically, they're awesome. However, I can't not say that they are freakin broken.


Only the first one is Strong.


The second one could be quite scary if played right. The third really depends on the match-up but it could easily steamroll quite a few decks.

_________________
Image
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e46/FrylockDude/Sir-Duncanv1.jpg
Team Dodo • DWCATST!
Spencer Latham gave me a sweet bike!


Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:11 pm
Profile
Spoiler of Cards
Spoiler of Cards
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 514
Post 
sirpongo wrote:
I've put a few cards together to show the dual-faction idea and just overall card look. Please critique them, not for card idea, but for how everything looks. (text size, shading, etc.)

Beautiful. The game could definitely use some Mindflayers.

The Epic Bug should be a hexagon, with all sides equal. What's currently there is a tall oval.

Axe grit could be darker, HP lighter, Class metal smoother.


Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:00 pm
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 1446
Location: Madison, WI
Post 
Vhati wrote:
sirpongo wrote:
I've put a few cards together to show the dual-faction idea and just overall card look. Please critique them, not for card idea, but for how everything looks. (text size, shading, etc.)

Beautiful. The game could definitely use some Mindflayers.

The Epic Bug should be a hexagon, with all sides equal. What's currently there is a tall oval.

Axe grit could be darker, HP lighter, Class metal smoother.


Thanks for the input. My first version of the epic bug was actually a hexagon, but if you look at it very close, the sides do curve a little. But I see what you mean about the tall oval, I can adjust that. The axe used to be darker and I lightened it up, but I can revert the lighting a little. HP and class metal will be easy to adjust.

Thanks again.


Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:16 pm
Profile
Spoiler of Cards
Spoiler of Cards
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 514
Post 
sirpongo wrote:
My first version of the epic bug was actually a hexagon, but if you look at it very close, the sides do curve a little.

Ah, so it does. Good catch.

More on the Class: try a marble or knotty wood bump instead (Real cards all have a dark spot where the Rogue's thumb is.), lighten the shadow, and add a highlight to the lower-right.

Axe and Shield should be slightly blue-shifted, the shield needs some bown grit on the lower-left and its highlight should be small in the upper-right.

The HP halo should be bright along the symbol's edge. To a lesser degree Skill needs it as well.

This is my wordy way of saying you're really close. :P


Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:33 pm
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 1446
Location: Madison, WI
Post 
Vhati wrote:
sirpongo wrote:
My first version of the epic bug was actually a hexagon, but if you look at it very close, the sides do curve a little.

Ah, so it does. Good catch.

More on the Class: try a marble or knotty wood bump instead (Real cards all have a dark spot where the Rogue's thumb is.), lighten the shadow, and add a highlight to the lower-right.

Axe and Shield should be slightly blue-shifted, the shield needs some bown grit on the lower-left and its highlight should be small in the upper-right.

The HP halo should be bright along the symbol's edge. To a lesser degree Skill needs it as well.

This is my wordy way of saying you're really close. :P


You're gonna make this a challenge, aren't ya? Heh. Ok, I'm up for it. I never noticed that little bit of highlight in the bottom corner of the class base. I can make all the class base changes, unfortunately, I'll need to completely remake it to do that. The highlight and brown grit in the shield will be easy enough, but I probably won't lighten it up as much as a real card. I need the shadow to give it more of a 3-D look, which I like a lot better than real cards. The HP halo, I'm guessing you mean the glow around it and the skill shield. My template actually has it there, but comparing it directly, mine needs work yet.


Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:25 am
Profile
Inner Circle
Inner Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 1446
Location: Madison, WI
Post 
I'm making some nice improvements to my template, but I see this thread has died. It seems everybody is big on the sigs now, so I'll go back to my hole and keep working.

_________________
Image


Sat May 13, 2006 10:48 pm
Profile
Outer Circle
Outer Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:00 pm
Posts: 464
Post 
Wow, artistically, they are gorgeous!


Mon May 22, 2006 7:04 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.