View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Pain Conduit Questions 
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Post Pain Conduit Questions
If a character inflicts two wounds while the Pain Conduit is equipped to an opposing cleric, does the cleric take both wounds?

Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:03 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Re: Pain Conduit Questions
It depends on how the two wounds are inflicted. If it was Krun (he inflicts two wounds with his strikes) hitting the target, the cleric would only take 1 wound. If it was someone that only inflicted a single wound with their strike, but they also used Great Cleave, the cleric would take two wounds, since it each wound is from a different source - one wound from the strike and 1 wound from the Great Cleave.

Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:46 am
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Would the Bracers of Ogre Power or the Gloves of Mercy be considered different sources? If the attacker has Power Attack from an item is that considered to be a different source as well?

Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:17 am
Lava Shark
Lava Shark

No. Any of the three examples you gave create a modifier to the original number of wounds, increasing that number. The wounds are inflicted simultaneously from the same source (the strike).

Great Cleave or similar actions inflict wounds directly.

Each direct, independent source of wounds is treated as such by the Pain Conduit. The single strike inflicting multiple wounds is treated as one source of wounds.

-nihil

Arven wrote:
You are correct on all counts.

Yamauta wrote:
Thank you Nihil. That badass post was one of the most informative posts I've ever seen here...

Fintago wrote:
...Nihil...When someone puts a keyboard in front of you, you become the worst kind of person. I mean Christ.

Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:14 pm
Profile WWW
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Multiple wounds from modifiers happen simultaneously then. All right good to know. On a side note, I never did manage to make Trench viable in my playgroup.

Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:24 pm
Lava Shark
Lava Shark

Magerdanu wrote:
On a side note, I never did manage to make Trench viable in my playgroup.

That is unsurprising as Trench is a terrible Warlord.

-nihil

Arven wrote:

Yamauta wrote:
Thank you Nihil. That badass post was one of the most informative posts I've ever seen here...

Fintago wrote:
...Nihil...When someone puts a keyboard in front of you, you become the worst kind of person. I mean Christ.

Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:58 pm
Profile WWW
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Help me make a Trench deck Nihil, I missed your PIZZAZ.

Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:01 pm
Lava Shark
Lava Shark

I could help you build any number of "fun" decks centered around Trench. It is not feasible to help you make a "good" deck centered around Trench. It is possible to help you make a "decent" deck that happens to have Trench as the Warlord, but doesn't notice that fact.

Or I could take a nap.

Really, it's anyone's guess at this point.

-nihil

Arven wrote:

Yamauta wrote:

Fintago wrote:

Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:52 am
Profile WWW
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Well assuming you have already taken a nap. I have many deck lists for Trench, only some of which are semi viable. I'll post the latest idea in the Deck Strategy section.

Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]