View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 8:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Melee(Strike or Action) vs (Melee strike) or (Action) 
n00b
n00b

Post Melee(Strike or Action) vs (Melee strike) or (Action)
The members of our play group have some differing opinions when cards have the wording "targeted by a melee strike or action..." such as Book or Potion of Blurring. One side believes that it is only when targeted by an attack or an action played during/causes a melee strike (for the sake of this topic we'll call it "Melee(Strike or Action.))" The other side believes that it's when being targeted by a melee strike or any other action "(Melee Strike) or (Action.)" I thought I would just put the argument to rest and ask you seemingly well-informed gentlemen which one was correct. Thanks in advance.

Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:53 am
Lava Shark
Lava Shark

Post Re: Melee(Strike or Action) vs (Melee strike) or (Action)
Melee Strike and Action are two separate things that can trigger these cards.

Melee Strike is pretty self-explanatory, but it should be noted that Melee Strikes are an effect generated by performing an attack, they are not attacks. Attacking is a Spend Order given to a character which generates Melee Strikes. There are many other ways to generate melee strikes, so, what you can take away from this is: Any melee strike coming from any source, whether that is an Attack or Bear's Soul is a viable trigger for such cards.

Action basically means anything that targets and isn't static text. The long-form version of this is longer than I care to type out.

Someone uses an item that targets your character: That's an action.
Someone casts a spell that targets your character: That's an action.
Someone uses a character ability that targets your character: That's an action.

So basically anything will trigger cards with text like you used for your examples.

-nihil

Arven wrote:
You are correct on all counts.

Yamauta wrote:
Thank you Nihil. That badass post was one of the most informative posts I've ever seen here...

Fintago wrote:
...Nihil...When someone puts a keyboard in front of you, you become the worst kind of person. I mean Christ.

Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Do you have a large collection of cards Nihil? Would you be willing to sell any of them if you do? It occurred to me that you live only ten to twenty minutes away from me which would make buying locally much easier than ordering online.

Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:32 pm
Lava Shark
Lava Shark

Huh? You live in TX?

Arven wrote:
You are correct on all counts.

Yamauta wrote:
Thank you Nihil. That badass post was one of the most informative posts I've ever seen here...

Fintago wrote:
...Nihil...When someone puts a keyboard in front of you, you become the worst kind of person. I mean Christ.

Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:50 pm
Profile WWW
n00b
n00b

My friends and I live in Lubbock and I know we bought a lot from TGSC a few years back. I'd say Nihil is responsible for a third of our total collection.

Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]