View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Warlord RPG erratta 
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

p.144, Spiritual Attack: It lists a duration, but not how many times per day he can use the ability, nor what kind of action (standard, free, etc) it is to activate the ability.
Also, are they touch attacks, since it mentions they're incorporeal, or is that just a flavor explanation?

Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:10 pm
Profile ICQ
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

p.139, Induce Fear: "Opponents with few[sic] HD than the nothrog are immune to this ability."
I would think it would be "more".

Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:46 pm
Profile ICQ
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Do Monks in the Accordlands do lethal damage with their fists, or nonlethal like everyone else?

I don't see anything mentioning that they have a special property regarding this, just that their damage ramps up quickly. Whereas in D&D there's a special note about them doing real damage with their unarmed strikes.

Oversight or intentional?

Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:35 pm
Profile ICQ
Writer
Writer

Page 270 of the Codex: Since paladins in the Accordlands don't have to be good, mentions of the word 'evil' in the paladin spell 'Holy Sword' should be replaced with 'of opposite alignment', so neutral and evil paladins can still use it.

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:21 am
Profile WWW
Head of Insanity Division
Head of Insanity Division

(at work) There isn't an Unholy Sword counterpart?
Otherwise - agreed.

Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:53 am
Writer
Writer

(at work) There isn't an Unholy Sword counterpart?
Otherwise - agreed.

There is an Unholy Sword as well, but no restriction on what alignment a Paladin has to be to take the spells - a good paladin could quite happily use Unholy Sword, and the evil paladin could use Holy Sword. In fact, either could quite happily use both interchangably. The neutral paladin has no special anti-chaos enchantment.

Both spells would be better off being collapsed into a single 'holy sword' spell that affects those of opposite alignment.

Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:39 am
Profile WWW
Writer
Writer

Do Monks in the Accordlands do lethal damage with their fists, or nonlethal like everyone else?

I don't see anything mentioning that they have a special property regarding this, just that their damage ramps up quickly. Whereas in D&D there's a special note about them doing real damage with their unarmed strikes.

Oversight or intentional?

Page 187 of the Codex:

"A monk or any character with the Improved Unarmed Strike feat can deal lethal or non-lethal damage with unarmed strikes, at his option."

The Monk entry says that they gain the benefits of IUS for free at first level. The mistake is in the IUS entry on page 113 - it misses the line from the PHB that allows characters to deal lethal damage.

Errata: Page 113 of Codex, under Improved Unarmed Strike entry, add the following after the second sentence under the 'benefit' heading:

"In addition, your unarmed strikes can deal lethal or nonlethal damage, at your option."

Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:43 am
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

The description of Spellcraft mentions it specifically as "Wizard Only," this should definitely be errated or poor Illusionists, Necromancers and Summoners will all cry sad-sad tears for their barren spellbooks.

L.A.I.R. Team member and 7th level GM.

Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:38 am
Writer
Writer

The description of Spellcraft mentions it specifically as "Wizard Only," this should definitely be errated or poor Illusionists, Necromancers and Summoners will all cry sad-sad tears for their barren spellbooks.

The description is on page 91 of the Codex - I see nothing there that says that it's Wizard only. Where is it listed as such?

Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:02 am
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Take a look at the chart on Page 90. While admittedly this probably falls under the go with text over chart rule, the chart states "Learn a spell from a spellbook or scroll (wizard only)." and again in "Prepare a spell from a borrowed spellbook (wizard only)."

L.A.I.R. Team member and 7th level GM.

Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:58 am
Writer
Writer

Ah yes... Should probably say 'arcane spellcasters only' instead, but then there has to be an exception made for shamen.

Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:55 am
Profile WWW
n00b
n00b

In the Codex pg 39. It states the fallowing:

Spontaneous Casting: An illusionist is intimately familiar with the senses, and casts illusion spells with great skill. The illusionist may lose one of his memprised spells to cast any illusion spell of LOWER level than the expended spell. The illusionist must have at least one copy of the spell he wishes to cast memorized

Now the necromancer, summoner, and the wizard have the same abilty ( the wizard has Eidetic memory) that have them cast spells of EQUAL level and only has to be in their spellbook. Is it just me or should the abilty be the same for all?

Kerdel Rowan

Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:52 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Not all classes are equal. The deviation may have been due to balance part of the illusionists abilities.

Needless to say I'll look over it and ask the powers that be.

-Geoff

Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:03 pm
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

I could've sworn I saw some NPC where that ability was described as "equal or lower"...but I'm not sure where in the books it was.

Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:13 pm
Profile ICQ
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

and ask the powers that be.

We should really have someone who helped write the mechanics for the books around to look at this sort of thing once or twice a week, so we don't have to guess what they intended so much and instead can get some clear "That's a typo"/"That's intentional" clarifications.

Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:16 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next