View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Warlord RPG erratta 
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

GhedJennar wrote:
and ask the powers that be.

We should really have someone who helped write the mechanics for the books around to look at this sort of thing once or twice a week, so we don't have to guess what they intended so much and instead can get some clear "That's a typo"/"That's intentional" clarifications.

Only problem being about ten or more people wrote those books over a few years so that may not be an issue..

I'll talk to Mike though see what I can come up with.

-Geoff

Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:08 pm
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Now the necromancer, summoner, and the wizard have the same abilty ( the wizard has Eidetic memory) that have them cast spells of EQUAL level and only has to be in their spellbook. Is it just me or should the abilty be the same for all?

Actually, you'll note that each class, i.e. Illusionist, Necromancer, Summoner and Wizard (to the degree of Eidetic Memory) all have completely different texts. The necromancer, as written, I believe didn't even need to have the spell in his spellbook.

I dunno how we'll get in touch with Designer folks, but for right now I'd say you set everything to a standard set by the Illusionist. It must be a spell the caster knows (in their spellbooks) and is equal or lower level (following the precedent of Clerics casting spontaneous healing). Having each one different is just a pain for the GM in most cases, since they've got enough to sort out beyond small nuanced differences.

L.A.I.R. Team member and 7th level GM.

Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:56 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Ahriman wrote:
GhedJennar wrote:
and ask the powers that be.

We should really have someone who helped write the mechanics for the books around to look at this sort of thing once or twice a week, so we don't have to guess what they intended so much and instead can get some clear "That's a typo"/"That's intentional" clarifications.

Only problem being about ten or more people wrote those books over a few years so that may not be an issue..

I'll talk to Mike though see what I can come up with.

-Geoff

Anything you guys can do on this front will be appreciated. :D

Even if the current people who are in charge of the RPG were to compile a list of clarifications I think it would be helpful.

Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:57 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Here's an interesting one. In the description of the 'Sneak Attack' ability for Asassin, they're missing the text about being able to sneak when flanking. Is this intentional? I can see arguments for both sides, but I want to know if this was a fluke or not.

seige911: "It's unfortunate too. I wouldn't mind someone giving guys like this nut shock treatment."

T3chno: "Nihil doesn't have friends, he just has enemies that hate him less."

Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:37 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:35 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Well, in the decription of Cear in the Campaign book, his version of Sneak Attack uses the 'or when flanking' text. He doesn't have any abilities, feats, or items that specifically grant that added ability to his sneak attack, so I have to assume that either

A) Cear's write-up was done during a segment of design when asassins could sneak attack from flank

or

B) Asassins are supposed to be able to naturally, and the main write-up is just a little janky.

Sadly, I can't logically tell which is which. :)

seige911: "It's unfortunate too. I wouldn't mind someone giving guys like this nut shock treatment."

T3chno: "Nihil doesn't have friends, he just has enemies that hate him less."

Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:29 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Compiled list?
Is there a compiled list of the errata or likely errata as of yet posted anywhere, maybe in a PDF?

Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:45 am
Design Team
Design Team

As of yet, no. I'll bug that nice Mr Carter to get one up as soon as possible.

Check out my blog!

Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:33 am
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

I hear you. The only thing is that they have started to notice that I'm not always doing 'work' whil at 'work' - so my task management has been scattered.

Errata / FAQ is in the works. Promise.

Richard Carter - 2002 (Scrub player), 2003 (undefeated Swiss with Kerebrus), 2004 (4th at KOHIT with Dezicrah), 2005 (Dragonlord & World Conquest Team), 2006 (Editor, PDT member, & Majeral runner), 2007 ( Medusan Lord, & Bobby Zebrowski's Hero), 2008 (Ghed Jaroslav, Soul of the Storm, 4e Design Team), 2009 (Soul of the Storm falls, Gixu the Jester rises), 2010 (Jernar Thanatoc falls), 2011 (Bobby Zebrowski's sloppy second Gixu), 2012 (Driver of Atu the Fallen)

Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:35 am
Command Staff
Command Staff

More Assassin goofiness...they get spells at 4th level, and cast/prepare them as a wizard...but do not have spellcraft (to learn spells, cannot default) as a class skill. Intentional...or typo?

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:09 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Hi guys, I know it's been a long time since I've been on the boards, but I have some questions about things in the Warlord rpg books. Under the Necromancer's spells create undead it says creates Unclean Spirits, Gaunt, or Spirit Walker. I can't find a spirit walker. Also I don't know if this is intentional but the prestige class priest of Spirit says Divine spells specifically for the leveling of existing spell progression, while the rest of the priest prestige's just say advance your spells from previous class. Sorry I don't have the book in front of me so I can't say exactly what it says. I can't find some of the necromancer's spells either. Soul link and the other spell above or below it.

Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:39 am
Profile WWW
Writer
Writer

I don't know if this is intentional but the prestige class priest of Spirit says Divine spells specifically for the leveling of existing spell progression, while the rest of the priest prestige's just say advance your spells from previous class. Sorry I don't have the book in front of me so I can't say exactly what it says.

Since all the entires mention gaining domains and losing old ones, I think it's safe to assume that all the Elven priest PrC gain cleric spell levels when they advance.

Quote:
I can't find some of the necromancer's spells either. Soul link and the other spell above or below it.

Soul Link is on p.293 of the Codex. Necromancer's Blessing, p.279. Spirit Link... I can't find. Hmmm.

Minor Necromantic Regeneration, on p.278, should obviously be listed under Necromantic Regeneration, Minor instead.

Errata: Page 153 of Codex, last sentence under 'Luxury Training' add bolded word:

"The armor is sculpted to the Deverenian's frame and cannot be worn by anyone else, save his identical twin."

...'cuz, y'know, otherwise he technically wouldn't be able to wear it himself...

Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:41 pm
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

One slight problem with the "Priest of..." PrCs is that they can be taken by Necromancers. It's only looking for ability to rebuke, and Necromancers have it. If a necromancer takes the class, do they simply not gain spells? Otherwise the PrC could likely use some errata to make it "Divine spellcaster only."

Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:48 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

Meh. Just have them start gaining levels of clerical spellcasting. Then any that want to go on will be so crazy, you might as well give them what they want.

And you don't really care.

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:03 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

The sample generic elf in the campaign book has toughness and 3 HP. This is very amusing since w/o the feat he would be at 0. He/she/it needs a feat to be alive.

Actually without the feat he would be at 1. You always gain one HP minimum everytime you gain a new HD, no matter how bad your Con is.

Which technically means that the Elf entry is a misprint. The elf gains 1 HP for being level one (1d4 HP automatically averages at 2 HP for NPCs, the entry gives them a terrible Con score of 7) and 3 HP for the Toughness feat.

Which means that the Elf Necromancer entry should have 4 HP.

Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next