View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Want to start a Play by Post Game 
n00b
n00b

I'll still allow up to 4 more players into the game so feel free to PM me with you're ideas for a character. You may not be incorperated right away, but the early part of this game is designed to make it easy to incorperate new characters.

Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:26 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

You know, I should join ten or so of these.

That way, I can do something every day.
Um, do you have a job ME? I'm sure if you're bored you could ask your Mom for an idea, but I've always found that a universal rule kicks in, and they always answer, "You could clean up your room." Which always seemed to be very unhelpful to me. ;)

Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:03 am
Profile YIM
Command Staff
Command Staff

Um... I'm young, but not quite that young.

Now post already! It doesn't really take very much time.

And you don't really care.

Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:53 am
n00b
n00b

Hey guys. I've sent you the beginning of the game and am still waiting for replies. Get back to me as soon as you can so we can get some characters together and get this thing into the public forums.

Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:56 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Re: Want to start a Play by Post Game
Is there still an opening for this game I would love to join in. I have a few chara ideas but I will be in the process of narrowing it down and getting it finallized.

Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:47 pm
Initiate
Initiate

Sorry dude, nothing's been done with this since the last post. We never heard from Cartwright after we sent him our info. Too bad, he had some really cool ideas.

Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:42 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

that sucks

Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:20 am
Initiate
Initiate

Yeah, nk. maybe we should start one. I'm busy with school and don't really have time to run one. Maybe we could find someone else, like a 16 yr old w/no gf and nothing better to do. :lol:
Anyway, what kind of ideas did you have?

Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:06 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

I have alot of chara ideas. a basic one is a dwarven monk, I love the idea of becoming a gargoyle. A dwarven Cleric, plan on taking the feats necessary to become a gargoyle crafter, other ideas are an assassin/arcane caster, main idea is to get the Dimensional Attack feats.

Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:46 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

It's been a while since anyone has shown interest in this, I guess. I thought I'd drop a post here before I started a new thread to see if anyone's interested in joining a play by post game. I was reading through my books again, thinking of all the money I dropped on them and regreting that I still haven't played a single game from them. So, I'm willing to run a play by post game, if anyone's interested in playing. Just using the old 3.5 rules and maybe running the plot straight out the campaign book, or if everyone's been there, done that, I'll happily come up with a new story.

So, who's interested in a play by post game?

Oh, by the way, I don't know if this lends any credence to my post or not, but I'm Amanda, wife of Ollie, who posts infrequently as Prison_Bob. Pleased to meet you all, officially. Now, come play!

Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:23 pm
Initiate
Initiate

Wow, I've been watching this thread since it started. Glad to see there's someone out there with the interest and the time to actually do something. :)

I'd definitely be interested, though I've never played by post before. Let me know what you would like me to do character wise.

Looking forward to it!

Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:38 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

I would be very interested in playing a pbp game. I have a chara idea I have been itching to try out and see if it works out how I think it will.

@ artur. Nice sn I like the WoT reference.

Nice to meet you Amanda.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:55 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

If it can be a constant thing, and not skip weeks... then i'm sure I can lend my creative mind to this?...

I think. =\

Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:30 am
Profile YIM
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Cool! It's great to see some interest! I've only played a play by post once before, and only for a few weeks, so I'm kinda rough on how it works. Hopefully, we can cobble together something that will work for every one. We've got three interested so far, which is enough to play, certainly, but I'd like to give it till the end of the week to get at least one more and round out the group.

Go ahead and post your character concepts this week, and let me know what kind of game you all think you'd enjoy playing best. Intrigue, hack and slash, exploration, whatever. I'm leaning toward running the adventures straight out the Campaign book, so if you've already done that and/or don't want to, let me know by the end of the week. Or, if it turns out you're all interested in playing (for example) Devs or Elves or whatever, I can start to tailor an adventure toward that race or what ever other character concepts that might link together easily. I'm assuming every one has at least the Master Codex. If you don't, let me know and I'll see about getting you excerpts or something based on what class/race you're interested in playing.

I'll try to check this thread daily. How often can you all check and post? Daily? Weekly? Every Friday and Saturday night? Let's start to figure out when and how often we can all respond, so we can get an idea of how the timing of the adventure will need to flow.

Zefal -- I'm pretty sure I can keep this a constant thing. I've only got my baby, husband, and house to take care, so my available time is pretty open and flexible. Hope you can join us.

Marcethus -- Nice to meet you, too! Tell me all about your chara idea. :)

Artur -- I've been thinking about starting one of these for a while, so I hope we can really get this started and have fun. As far as characters, all the options from the core books are open atm. My only restriction at this time is to please make a character will be groupable. (No stand alone, greedy, player-killer types and such.) I'm not sure how is the best way to post your character info to me yet. I'll think on it and try to have a quick, clear format for character submissions by the end of the week.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:23 pm
Initiate
Initiate

Sweet!

I'll go find my Master Codex and dust it off. :)

I can check a pbp every day pretty much, but since I've never played one before I'm not sure how often I can post. Once a week seems a little sparse but everyday sounds like too much. Again, we look for the happy medium, lol.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next