View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Want to start a Play by Post Game 
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Re: Want to start a Play by Post Game
I can check a PBP ever day and if you need a site I have a few friends I can check with about getting a game slot on their PbP site. Might be a way to get some others that have no idea what Warlord is into it too.

My character Idea is an Elf Wizard/Assassin.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:24 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Ability scores
I'd like to use the point buy system. All ability scores start at 8. Take 30 points to spread out among all abilities. For ability scores of 14 or lower, you buy additional points on a 1-for-1 basis. For ability scores higher than 14, the cost rises. Spend points before applying racial bonuses or penalties. A racial bonus is the only way to get a score above 18.

Ability Score --> Cost
9 --> 1
10 --> 2
11 --> 3
12 --> 4
13 --> 5
14 --> 6
15 --> 8
16 --> 10
17 --> 13
18 --> 16

Other than that, follow the rules for character building out of the Master Codex. If your character concept needs special considerations, let me know and we'll work it out. I know the Codex has a few items that are unclear. If it affects your character, make your best judgment and let me know what it was so we can keep everything consistent.

Hope this is clear and fair. Let me know of any problems or concerns. Otherwise, happy character building!

As far as posting your characters, it might be easiest to just fill out your character sheet at home and then scan it in and email it to me at <amandakdot@yahoo.com>. If that's not possible or convenient, here's a basic format of information I think I'll need. Send it to me in a PM and I'll respond with a little bit of a prelude to lead into the campaign and/or link the group together. Then, when we officially start the campaign, you can each introduce your own characters.

Name
Alignment, race, class, level
Gender, age, height, weight, deity
Abilities: Str score (+/-mod), Dex, Con, Int, Wis, Cha
Save throws: Fort, Ref, Will
AC: total, flat footed, touch
Initiative:
Hit points:
Skills: Skill +total (ranks)
Feats:
Special abilities:
Languages:
Spellbook: Spell name (DC)
Equipment: Weapon, armor, gear

A paragraph or two giving some insight into your character’s … character. General personality, goals, fears, family, secrets, defining events in your character’s life so far, etc.

Also, where would you, as a player, like to take this character? Prestige classes, specialty feats, magic items, weaknesses to overcome, epic level, rule a town or nation, defeat such&such villain, meet so&so hero, travel to that-famous-location, etc.

Any other notes or information you think I might need about your character and play style so that I can maximize your fun in our adventures together.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:39 am
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

For timing... how about we aim for 5 times a week. 4 during the weekdays and at least once over the weekend. How does that work for everyone? Do we need to get more specific? E.G. Post by such&such day and time each round or else the DM will post for your character to keep things moving along. Or is that too regimented? Let me know what you all think.

I hadn't even thought about getting a game slot on another site. Do we need to? It's always good to expand the Warlord CCG player base, so I guess it's not a problem. What does everyone else think?

Marcethus -- THANK YOU for letting know your basic character concept. Are you going to start out with apprentice levels in both classes, or multiclass after you've gained enough XP to level up? I guess you don't have to tell me here, I'll figure it out when you PM me your character. :)

Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:05 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Damn I absolutely hate the Point system of character building. *mutters darkly* I will have to figure out if my character idea will work with that (I already had the character rolled up only a few things haven't been finished on the character :lol:)

As to the website. It usually helps to have a place where we as a group can post stuff and discuss OOC things as well as for you as GM to post Game affecting Notices. and what not.

Let me discuss with the admin of the site I have in mind and I will get back to you on this idea.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:31 pm
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson

Let me know what you need- you can just play in here and have a separate thread for OOC if that works. :shrug:

Kasugoan's Redemption • Slayer of the Silvered Fount • Warlord Story Team, Retired • Order of the Doomed Liver-Darth Cider • 2009 ToL Keeper Fantasy League Champion • 2010 & 2011 ToL Football Pick 'em Champion
Draven (about DP9K) wrote:
Psh, im from kentucky. I rode him for YEARS

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:24 pm
Profile YIM
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

I don't know enough about the technicalities of PbP to know if it will make a difference in playability to be on another site, so I'm mostly going to leave it up to the players to vote on if we stay here or move.

As far as the point buy system goes, if none of you like it, we can scratch it and just roll up characters (standard: roll 4d6, drop lowest). I'd had it recommended to me as a fair way to keep characters balanced since rolling can become an issue in some PbP games, but I'm not particularly attached to it.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:39 pm
Initiate
Initiate

Alrighty, I'm not quite finished with everything but just wanted to let you know what direction I'm heading in:

Jack Lye
Human Fighter :war:

I'd love to play through the Campaign Book; had a group here that started but we didn't get very far. So, that's my two cents worth.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:47 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

AragornRoR wrote:
Let me know what you need- you can just play in here and have a separate thread for OOC if that works. :shrug:

From my experience on PbP We would probably need a sub-forum that would have an IC section for the various Story threads/Chapters. and one for OOC stuff (Which would include an OOC chat thread and a place for the Players to Post their Characters.) (This varies from GM to GM but that is usually what I see in a PbP forum.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:57 am

Don't take this as trying to chase you guys away, because I'd be fine with it here on this site, but also maybe send a PM to GhedJennar. He owns House Aedroud, which was set up for the Warlord RPG specifically. I know that Khilkameth, one of the story team members, runs a Pbp game over there, so they might have more of what you need. If you still want to run it here, that's okay too, but there is a lot of stuff they have RPG-wise that we don't.

Kasugoan's Redemption • Slayer of the Silvered Fount • Warlord Story Team, Retired • Order of the Doomed Liver-Darth Cider • 2009 ToL Keeper Fantasy League Champion • 2010 & 2011 ToL Football Pick 'em Champion

Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:03 am
Profile YIM
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Thanks everyone for showing interest with participation and suggestions. I'm way excited about playing! My goal is to have everyone's character information to me by Fri, and have the campaign start on Monday. Kind of rushing it, I know, and I apologize, but I'd like to get started while we've still got steam going, and work out the kinks as we go, rather than get bogged down trying to figure everything out first and lose all our energy for the game.

AragornRoR -- For now, I think all we need is a new thread for the official game, and a thread for OOC. Just to get started, at least. Do I start those, or do you guys? We might change after the players have had a chance to check out the PbP forums on House Aedroud and where Marcethus is suggesting, once he gets the go ahead from them. Thanks for being supportive.

Marcethus -- I don't anticipate needing a lot of extra threads, just two: one IC, and one OOC. Character info can just come to me via PM or get posted in OOC. Since this is my first time DMing something like this, I want to keep my scope small for now, at least. But once you get things cleared with your friends on the other site, I'm definitely interested in checking it out.

Artur -- THANK YOU for your character idea. :) And for your opinion on what I run. Unless I hear otherwise from other players, that's what I'll be running. I'm always glad to get player feedback, otherwise I start to feel bossy.

Anyone else interested -- Feel free to jump in and join us anytime! Still PLENTY of room for more players.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:10 pm

Feel free to start new threads for the game yourself, maybe make up a cool title for it?

Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:52 pm
Profile YIM
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

AragornRoR wrote:
Feel free to start new threads for the game yourself, maybe make up a cool title for it?

Speaking from my own experience with forum gaming...he's going to need a lot more room than we're likely able to give. the current Vampire game i'm playing has 36 main forums, and about 1-3 subforums in each forum...but then those are chatty kindred people. ;)

Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:20 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Doctorfuzion wrote:
AragornRoR wrote:

Speaking from my own experience with forum gaming...he's going to need a lot more room than we're likely able to give. the current Vampire game i'm playing has 36 main forums, and about 1-3 subforums in each forum...but then those are chatty kindred people. ;)

Whoa! That's way more work than I'm anticipating putting into this. I had a vision that more closely resembled a table top game: just me and 3-6 other players going through an adventure together. <grimace> Thinking of being involved in something THAT size makes me want to hide under a rock! :hypnotized:

Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:08 pm
Initiate
Initiate

Yeah, nk. I was definitely anticipating something a lot smaller and more informal (I suppose). Perhaps we noobs at this are being a little naive. I'm game to give it a shot though.

Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:22 pm

Nah, Mike is used to a much more sprawling, immersive game (Basically a LARP online). Clearly you guys want something casual, and that's fine. Check out the game Khilk is running over on House Aedroud- it's got its own forum, but it is still only 2 or 3 threads.

Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:24 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next