View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Druid animal companions? 
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Druid animal companions?
Hi

I'm trying to make a Druid NPC for the campaign I'm running and have just hit an oddity with the rule book. In the class feature list for Druids, it mentions the Totem animal ability and is allowed to have an animal companion of his totem animal. in Chapt 8 pg 201 it has an example of a 10th lvl druid having 20 HD of animals, of which 11 HD must be of the totem animal. However no where in the rules does it state how the total HD is worked out (OK, from the core rule books it is twice druid level, however he can only adventure with half that value).

Also in the class discription it doesn't state he gets additional animal companions, just one of his totem animal.

Am I to assume the rules have been mixed up somewhere along the line and should be more like the 3.5 Ed rules, with a druid having one animal companion which gets stronger as the druid levels up?

Sun May 04, 2008 1:59 am
Head of Insanity Division
Head of Insanity Division

Post Re: Druid animal companions?
I would. A number of such things got sideways during the 3.0 to 3.5 updates. :shrug:

Thu May 29, 2008 2:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]