View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
[Play by Post] Ch. 1 ... the silence of our friends. 
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Post Re: [Play by Post] Ch. 1 ... the silence of our friends.
Artemis nods. "We have the assassins' invisibility potions. We could use those to follow him after he is released."

Moss listens to the ideas.

"I have a map that may be useful, if it hasn't been ruined. I don't like the idea of letting the assassin go," he admits with a grimace, "even in the hopes of him leading us to the others. I'm responsible for the safety of those in my Keep, and if he gets away from you, he'll be a danger to them."

He pauses, then turns to Nightingale. "Did you say Cynarre is dead?"

Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:09 pm
n00b
n00b

"Yes, he is, Mr Moss, sir, unless he's a bard, in which case it is a masterful performance. But as Artemis wasn't likely a part of the play," she rubs some of the dried blood from Artemis' sword from her cheek, "I am pretty sure this is real, though being able to bleed on command would be an intersting talent."

Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:49 pm
Initiate
Initiate

After listening to Nightingale's response, Jackson turns back to Commander Moss. "Sir, the import of the letter seems point to a desire to leave the Keep, not perpetrate further crimes. However, I am concerned that we won't be enough to arrest them with out more men."

Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:04 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Moss looks discomfitted to hear that his prisoner was slain. He gives Artemis an angry scowl before turning his attention back to Jackson.

"How many more men to do you think you will need?" Then he waves the question away before you can answer. "No, nevermind. Stallings will give you as many as you ask for. How do you plan to find them so they can be brought to justice?"

Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:30 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Artemis catches Nightingale's eye, looking amused at her conjectures. He's unphased by Commander Moss' anger at his choice to kill Cynarre.

"The assembly point may not be anywhere near Ghostwood Keep," he says. "This was a well-planned, strategic attack. Now that it's finished, they'll want to get far away as quickly as they can. The assembly point could be just over the wall, or it could be in any city within a few days ride." Seems he's been giving tonight's events some thought.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:29 pm
n00b
n00b

"Hey, Mr. Corwin!" Nightingale calls. "Gods are supposed to know stuff, right? Maybe yours can tell you where they're going. Maybe we can hang up the map and let Mr. Corwin throw a dagger at it after praying! Other than that, I'm running out of ideas. Too bad we can't talk to dead people."

Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:57 am
Initiate
Initiate

Jackson waits for Corwin to respond to Nightingale's query.

"Artemis, Corwin, is there a way to send a signal when we find the assassin's assembly point?"

"Alright, here's what I'm thinking: First, a guard the assassin hasn't seen yet, slips him a key to his cell and leaves. Next, using the invisibility potions we watch and follow the assassin. Finally, if he leads us to the assembly point, we signal for help. If he attempts to commit more infamy here in the Keep, we slay him. Questions, comments, criticisms?"

"Also, Commander Moss, I think we should also check on the Lyran ambassador."

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:42 am
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Corwin strides rigidly into the room at Nightingale's call. "You mock me and my god. Praying for the Storm's guidance is not the game you seem to think it is." He listens to the discussion for a few moments.

Moss looks unhappy as he digests the idea of letting go of the assassin he has imprisoned, but finally jerks his chin down, giving his permission.

"Janse will know which of his men can be relied on for this. He also might know of a signal you can use. You can stop in on the Son of the Clouds on your way to ask him. If you have enough potions to spare, you might consider taking along a few extra guards, as well, in case there are more at the assembly point than you can handle on your own."

"No," Artemis objects, "more men will only slow us down, and make it harder to catch them unaware. We scout it out first. We can signal for reinforcements if we need them after we've found the assembly point."

"I know little of what is happening here. Since we have concluded our business," he nods to Artemis, "I will return to my quarters. You will find me there again if you have need of me." He turns to leave.

[Sorry to Masonf, but it I already took over one PC-turned-NPC. If you come back, please bring Corwin back out. Until you do, though, he'll be waiting with the other Devs. Unless Nightingale and/or Jackson asks him to stay with the group. Otherwise, you can always find him there if they need healing.]

Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:58 am
n00b
n00b

"Well, a plan is good! Now we can take action," Nightingale says. "I need to go back to Son of Clouds to report, and to get my stuff. I'm already pretty sneaky, but it'll be twice as fun with one of those nifty potions! Just hope I can keep up! Oh well, cross that bridge when it's built, right?" She giggles. "Let's go see Son of Clouds!"

Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:52 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Artemis nods to the priest as Corwin leaves, then looks to Jackson and Nightingale. "We'll have to be quick with the Ambassador. Then Jackson can deal with Stallings to get what help he can give us." His lips curl humorlessly. "He doesn't trust me, and probably won't like Nightingale any better."

Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:38 pm
Initiate
Initiate

Jackson nods in affirmation, "Sounds good. I'll go speak with Stallings."

"We still need to figure out how to get the prisoner loose without arousing his suspicions. He won't lead us to the assembly point if he thinks a trap is being laid."

Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:13 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

"You were right before," Moss says. "The prisoner hasn't seen many of our guards. Janse will be able to recommend one who can be trusted to slip him a key without arousing his suspicions."

Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:25 pm
Initiate
Initiate

"Very good, I'll go talk to Stallings now." Jackson nods to Artemis and Nightingale, salutes Commander Moss and leaves the room at a brisk pace. The shadows of the hall start and shift in the flickering light of the wall sconces. The light reflects across the length of his unsheathed greatsword as he makes his way through the keep.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:16 pm
n00b
n00b

"This sad ballad may yet have a wonderful end," Nightingale says. "To Son of Clouds!" She takes off as fast as her tiny legs will carry her, that is to say, not so fast at all, but she thinks she's going fast, for her, at least.

Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:39 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

[Jackson]

It's quiet as you make your way out of the central keep and across the grounds to the gate house. The guards there are vigilant, and inspect your badge carefully before letting you in to see Stallings. He gazes out the window looking into the keep's yard, searching the darkness for enemies.

Jackson's eyes shift about the room when he enters, coming to rest on Stallings' back as he comes to attention and salutes. "Sir, we've found a letter on one of the assassins and think we may have an opportunity here to track down the rest of them. Moss sent me to see if you could lend any guards for the attempt?"

Janse turns, keeping his voice low, but you can hear the tension in it as he speaks. "If you think you can find those bastards, I'll give you whatever I can to help. How many men do you think you'll need?"

Jackson blinks, a gasp from any other man, "Your generosity is appreciated, sir." Jackson outlines his plan for trapping the assassins and ends by saying, "So, roughly 20 would do I think. Also, do you have any ideas on how we can send up a signal, a flare or some arcane implement, perhaps?"

"I have a battle horn I can give you, but it would alert them as well as us." He scratches his chin. "I have a few wizards in our ranks. One could go with you and alert your 20 men with a small light show of some sort, I'd wager."

Jackson nods, "Very good sir."

"Which do want? The horn or the wizard?"

"I think that the wizard would be just fine sir, as long as he's not overly timid."

MomofEaglett: [Okay, guys, in the interest of time, I feel I should let you know that in the actual chronicle, you've already killed all the assassins. But, I think this is a creative tack you've decided to take on the story, hunting down any bad guys waiting at the assembly point. So, you're options are, follow this line through and get more XP while I pull more bad guys and plot out of thin air, or decide, in character, that you have defeated all the assassins sent to Ghostwood Keep and maybe get farther or possibly finish this chapter in the campaign tonight. I'll leave it you guys to decide what sounds more fun.]

Puerilis: [i'm game to play it out]

Artur: [I feel like either option is fun, so thats cool]

"He's a quiet fellow, but he should do the job. He's on the roof, now. I'll have the wizard brought down." Janse gestures to a man across the room, calling him over to join you. "This is Sergeant Valford. He'll wait for your signal to lead the other men into the assembly point." He sends another man off the fetch the wizard.

Jackson turns to Sergeant Valford and offers his hand, "Evening, Sergeant, did you hear what I've got in mind for tonight?"

"Aye, I managed to over hear most of it," he says as he shakes your hand with his callused one. "Lucky you found that note, otherwise we'd still be shaking our swords at shadows here in the Keep"

"Shall we find that wizard on the roof?" Jackson leads the way out of the room.

MomofEaglett: [So, the plan is the use Valford's best man to slip the key, then Jackson, Nightingale, Artemis, and random wizard will drink invisibility potions and follow the assassin to the meeting point. Wizard will hang back and send up some dancing lights to alert Valford and the rest of his men to the location. They'll come in to back you up as you ambush whatever bad guys have made it to the point so far. You fight until they are dead, or you are overwhelmed and have to fall back to the Keep. Am I leaving anything out?]

Artur: [If and when we find the assembly point, someone will slip back to the barracks to bring up Valford's men then we all attack when the wizard shoots up the dancing lights. Other than that it looks good. Adapt and maintain the momentum. lol, we won't be able to see each other either, will we?]

MomofEaglett: [Er... no. you'll have to trust everyone who needs to can keep up, I guess.]

Artur: [Maybe Artemis or Nightingale should be the only one to follow the assassin and then come back and get the rest of us--what do you think David?]

Puerilis: [if you want, once we meet up]

Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next