View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
[Play by Post] Ch. 2 Pierced by the storms of fate. 
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Post Re: [Play by Post] Ch. 2 Pierced by the storms of fate.
"Ah yes, Mr. Forss." He rises and steps over to the solid wooden door. "Captain Halifax is aware of his concerns and working diligently on them. One moment please."

He raises a finger for you to wait and opens the door enough to stick his head in the next room. His request and the response are muffled, then he opens the door wide and stands aside for you to enter. "He will see you."

In the next room is another desk, identical to the clerk's. An older man stands behind it, his long, dark hair pulled neatly back into a pony tail. He sports a thin mustache and an immaculately trimmed beard. On the wall behind him is a red banner with a large, white lightening bolt down the center. A low bookcase sits on the floor next to his desk, full of books in a variety of sizes, colors, and ages, judging from their spines. A few have ribbons dangling out.
[More of an action pic, but you get the idea.]

He looks alert as you come in, making steady eye contact. "Thank you, Stephen. That will be all." The clerk gives him a deep nod and leaves, closing the door behind him. "Come sit down. What more business does Mr. Forss have for me this time?" he asks.

Tue May 04, 2010 7:38 am
n00b
n00b

It doesn't take long for Nightingale to notice the books, and having noticed them, she loses her perephrial senses. She sits on the floor in front of the bookcase, her legs bent back to either side, eyes wide. She remains silent for a tiny moment before comeing back to her senses, and embarassingly returns to her feet, hiding her blush beneath a formal courtsey to the black haired man.

Sun May 09, 2010 1:19 am
Initiate
Initiate

Jackson clears his throat, bringing everyone back to the matter at hand, and addresses Captain Halifax in a clear, strong voice, "Sir, thank you for your time, I have no doubt it is dear to you. We wish to be of assistance in any way we can regarding the matter of the Cardinal's disappearance."

Handing the contract across to the Captain, Jackson adds, "This should remove any doubt as to our intentions."

Wed May 12, 2010 2:11 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

He reads over your contract with Arkan Forss, then hands it back to you. "It will be good to have some men on the investigation who can devote more time to it than I can. The city guard is already working extra shifts because of the refugees filling up our city. I've been working on it when I can, but my other duties require my attention too often to make much progress in the investigation myself."

He opens a drawer in the desk and pulls out few pages, skimming over them quickly. "I'll share with you what I've found so far, and then turn the investigation over to you." He quickly tells you the following:

The Kidnappers wore voluminous cloaks that covered their faces and clothes.
The kidnappers had healthy horses.
The Black Sun Paladins were turned to stone.
The local apothacary/sage, Emith, has been commissoined to reseach the incident further.

"If you need anything else from me, you may ask and I'll do what I can to aid you."

Mon May 17, 2010 11:30 am
Initiate
Initiate

"Thank you sir, I believe we will pay Mr. Emith a visit."

Mon May 17, 2010 4:52 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Captain Halifax nods and gives you directions to Emith's shop, only a few blocks away. He also writes a quick note of introduction for you to give the sage. His handwriting is as precise as a scribe's.

"Emith is a good friend of mine," He says, handing the note to Jackson, "and one of the most learned scholars in Haranshee. He should have some useful information for you. Also, if you haven't visited the church yet, you should. Since it isn't as familiar to your eyes as it is to mine, you might notice something new."

He gives Nightingale a smile. "When this has all been taken care of, you'll have to come back share dinner with me sometime. We rarely see Nimbics in the city, and you look like you could appreciate my modest collection of literature. It would be a delight to share it with you when times are less troubled." He turns his smile to Jackson. "You're invited as well, though I suppose you favor more martial past-times." He raises an eyebrow as he says this, still friendly, but definately trying to feel the two of you out a little more, now that you'll be working with him.

Sat May 22, 2010 1:52 pm
n00b
n00b

"Yay!" Nightingale responds. "Thank you very much, Mr. Captain Halifax!" She looks at Jackson and continues, "The people here are friendly. Two invites in one day." Looking back at Halifax, she adds, "We should have a fine story to share with you, after we get back."

Sun May 23, 2010 1:18 pm
Initiate
Initiate

Looking from Nightingale to Halifax, Jackson's face remains blank. Giving the captain a slight bow, he seeks an end to the interview, "Then we should take our leave, good day Captain."

Upon leaving the office Jackson stops at the door and turns halfway. "Oh, one other thing," Jackson pauses, "do you know Mr. Forss well?" Jackson looks Halifax in the eye. "Is there anything we ought to know about him or his relationship with the Cardinal?"

Tue May 25, 2010 4:34 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

"I know Forss well enough. We're on the city council together, along with Bentry Rickard. The three of us govern Haranshee together when the Baron is absent. You needn't worried about his ability to pay when you complete his job; he's the wealthiest man here. He calls himself a 'merchant-prince'." Halifax obviously thinks it's a fool's title.

"As for him and the cardinal, Forss personally invited Cardinal Ulloft to perform the ceremony of rededication for the Church of the Storm. No doubt he believes it will raise Haranshee's status within Deverenia, though if we don't handle these refugees and prepare for Elven hostilities, the ensuing chaos will only destroy Haranshee." He pauses to collect his thoughts. "His concern for the cardinal's well-being is earnest. If he is harmed while he's here as Forss's guest, then Forss will never rise higher than his current position in society, and may even fall from our Baron's good graces."

He finishes and waits for any other questions Jackson or Nightingale might have.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:37 pm
n00b
n00b

"Isn't it possible he cares out of friendship?" Nightingale asks, though more as a rhetorical question. "Either way, we have a contract to fulfill, right Mr. Jackson? I'm looking forward to that dinner, Captain!" she finishes graciously, with a courtsey, "Thank you for your time."

Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:45 am
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

He chuckles. "He would be lucky if the Cardinal considered him a friend; most of the clergy are ... above such familiar relationships," he finishes sardonically. "You're most welcome, Miss Nightingale. Contact me if there's anything else you need."

Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6