View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Mentalist Class 
Command Staff
Command Staff

Post Mentalist Class
I'm making it. Anyone interested?

Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:57 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Re: Mentalist Class
I'm always interested in the RPG. I can't talk my group into playing it again, but I haven't given up either.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:21 am
Initiate
Initiate

Hey, come join us in the play by post! :D

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:26 am
Command Staff
Command Staff

What do we need to do to join the play by post?

And I'm interested in your mentalist class, I just figured psionicist would pretty well fill the gap if it ever came up. Maybe pathfinder's version though.

Religion and churches are horrible things thought up by humans to judge and persecute those whom are not of their religion. They allow for fanatics to ruin a perfectly good faith by taking out extreme actions in the name of their god.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:27 pm
Profile YIM
Initiate
Initiate

Send MomofEaglett a PM. There are rules for character creation in our [Play by Post] OOC Thread on the first page, three or four panels down.

Hope to see you in the game. :D

Last edited by Artur Hawkwing on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:22 am
Command Staff
Command Staff

The version I am writing is kind of a cross between the 3.5 D&D's Bard and the Warlock.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:41 am
Initiate
Initiate

I'm interested, tell us more.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:20 am
Command Staff
Command Staff

Deverenian

Divine Capacity (1): Due to the trace of divinity within her veins, the Deverenian mentalist
is able to push her mind beyond the limits that ordinary mortals are able capable of. A
first level Deverenian mentalist may put a number of ranks into her skills equal to her
character level plus four, not character level plus three, however this ability only applies
to skills based on mental ability scores and the Concentration skill.

Halfbreed

Mind Reprogramming (5): A halfbreed Mentalists supreme versatility allows him to adapt to
almost any need. At fifth level and every level aftewards, when he goes to spend his skill
points a Halfbreed Mentalist may remove any number of spent skill points from any one skill
and redistribute those points to other skills. At 12th level the Halfbreed Mentalist may do
this by spending 24 hours in thoroughly uninterrupted meditation, though he still may do
this for free upon leveling up, as normal. All rules for applying cross-class skills still
apply, although may allow the mentalist to remove skill points that were acquired from other class to redistribute to other class skills.

Here are a couple of the finalized race/class abilities.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:42 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

Never really thought of mentalists as really skill orientated characters and beyond unlimited ranged attacks I have no idea what a warlock does. What else you got for us?

I wonder, the deverenian one might be open to abuse, early entry into prc's. I know you didn't ask for feed back or for suggestions, but I'd recommend making it apply to class skills only. I'd also allow them to have ranks +4 per skill rather than ranks +3 at every level there after so they're not stuck with a bunch of awkward skill points at second level.

Religion and churches are horrible things thought up by humans to judge and persecute those whom are not of their religion. They allow for fanatics to ruin a perfectly good faith by taking out extreme actions in the name of their god.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:18 pm
Profile YIM
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

I'm interested, too. The character card mentalists are just so random in their special abilities, I'd like to see where you focus their class abilities. :)

Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:07 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

Quote:
I'd also allow them to have ranks +4 per skill rather than ranks +3 at every level there after so they're not stuck with a bunch of awkward skill points at second level.

Thats the point...it makes it so that they can forever have ranks = to level +4 instead of level +3. They keep this ability AS they level up, so the first level mentalist can have 5 ranks, the second level mentalist can have 6 ranks, etc.

The point this ability is to take advantage of the random skill points that Deverenians get for having a human lineage.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:46 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

Okay. Just wasn't quite sure if it was going to be a permanent thing or not. Keep it coming man.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:05 am
Profile YIM
Command Staff
Command Staff

Sorry for my inactivity. I've had other things going on and I haven't been able to write. It may be a couple months before I can get back to writing things. But keep checking back as you never know when I'll be able to start back to posting things.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]