View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
The Chosen of 4e: Atiratu 
Death of the Daemons
Death of the Daemons

Post Re: The Chosen of 4e: Atiratu
ninjakiller wrote:
devlukelorian wrote:
darkwood is better 9 games out of 10.

and canceling healing, or lightning bolt can make a big change.

D rift is also tech in the deck :thumbsup:

definately disagree your big guys usually hit faster w/o items, so d-rift is slow since your best opponents use level 1-2's or will have steeds/weapons. either way its just hard to use it properly.

Tue May 10, 2011 3:50 pm
Jester's Demise
Jester's Demise

devlukelorian wrote:
ninjakiller wrote:
devlukelorian wrote:
darkwood is better 9 games out of 10.

and canceling healing, or lightning bolt can make a big change.

D rift is also tech in the deck :thumbsup:

definately disagree your big guys usually hit faster w/o items, so d-rift is slow since your best opponents use level 1-2's or will have steeds/weapons. either way its just hard to use it properly.

Meh you think that because your used to playing agaist me and my weenie blitz in situation's against a lot of other deck's it would be a great card to have might help you win a game or two... Especially against dresek :shrug:

another gixu dead #2,Oneiroi slayer Gen Con
2013 Medusan Runner of Draxxon the stormbreaker
Gencon 2013 karz belgala slayer

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:52 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Fade wrote:
When Pago enters play, you select The Devoted, The Wheat, and The Earth as the thralls you will be sacrificing. The most important thing to remember here is that you must sac The Wheat before The Earth. This allows you to play The Wheat right back into the front rank when you use The Earth's react. The Devoted replaces himself. Pago moves to the front.

This leaves you with a front rank of Devoted, Wheat, P-G, and Pago. In your second rank you will have Nish-Bakr who should now have 3 charge tokens on him.

Am I missing something here? I thought any that you kill are killed simultaneously. And if not, you would sac devoted 1st, he will spend react, then you sac the wheat who goes to the graveyard, then you sac the earth who leaves the game permanently and the wheat enters your hand, pago moves instantly into rank 1, the wheat is still in your hand, how do you get him back in play? there was no illegal 2nd rank to fix with him entering the 1st . . .

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:00 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Restomagus wrote:
Fade wrote:
When Pago enters play, you select The Devoted, The Wheat, and The Earth as the thralls you will be sacrificing. The most important thing to remember here is that you must sac The Wheat before The Earth. This allows you to play The Wheat right back into the front rank when you use The Earth's react. The Devoted replaces himself. Pago moves to the front.

This leaves you with a front rank of Devoted, Wheat, P-G, and Pago. In your second rank you will have Nish-Bakr who should now have 3 charge tokens on him.

Am I missing something here? I thought any that you kill are killed simultaneously. And if not, you would sac devoted 1st, he will spend react, then you sac the wheat who goes to the graveyard, then you sac the earth who leaves the game permanently and the wheat enters your hand, pago moves instantly into rank 1, the wheat is still in your hand, how do you get him back in play? there was no illegal 2nd rank to fix with him entering the 1st . . .

That would be correct. The cost is paid and then you get the benefit - all thralls would be sacrificed at the same time.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:26 pm
DaemonLord Traitor
DaemonLord Traitor

NOTHING in warlord happens simultaneously.

NirvanaTool wrote:
not starting during the given time frame up is like the "missionary position" of [Censor: Quack!] in Warlord - standard, no big deal.

Spam Bot wrote:
Temple imprisons an unsuccessful bull inside the super wolf. Whatever evolutionary brush chambers her giving entrance. Temple aims Reward program in the premise. Can Temple censor a common wood?

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:30 pm
Profile YIM
Head of Insanity Division

Restomagus wrote:

Kill The Wheat first.
Kill The Earth second.
Killing The Devoted third triggers Wheat who can now enter play.
All told, Earth is gone from the game, one less Devoted in your deck, and Pago in front.

The "and before fixing any illegal ranks" is a timing thing, not a cost. You can play Wheat regardless of having an illegal rank to shore up. That's why it says "any" -- it could be zero.

-VIC

ps
A few things do happen simultaneously. But characters being targeted, dying, leaving play, etc are Not on the (short) list.
Just search the rulebook for the word. ;)

Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:27 am
Initiate
Initiate

are you guys trying to tell me that pago killing 2-3 thralls immedietaly moves that many ranks? if so ive been playing wrong for a long time... my play group always has him step up one rank at a time. makes it tricky manipulating illegal ranks on his way up...

(although meatloafman is a close second cause he plays dwarfs =P)

Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:07 pm
Death of the Daemons
Death of the Daemons

you don't have to manipulate ranks. he moves X ranks 1 time not when each thrall dies.

And not everyone does it but certain combos come out of it. Its definately a deckstyle you can build around. Pagobomb is a rediculously awesome strat in the new warlords deck (give pago a level and he can obliterate :D)

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:18 am
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson

Huh, I didn't know you didn't have to fix ranks for him either.

Kasugoan's Redemption • Slayer of the Silvered Fount • Warlord Story Team, Retired • Order of the Doomed Liver-Darth Cider • 2009 ToL Keeper Fantasy League Champion • 2010 & 2011 ToL Football Pick 'em Champion
Draven (about DP9K) wrote:
Psh, im from kentucky. I rode him for YEARS

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:50 am
Profile YIM
DaemonLord Traitor
DaemonLord Traitor

AragornRoR wrote:
Huh, I didn't know you didn't have to fix ranks for him either.

ive always been confused on it myself. I still dont think i really understand, lol.

NirvanaTool wrote:
not starting during the given time frame up is like the "missionary position" of [Censor: Quack!] in Warlord - standard, no big deal.

Spam Bot wrote:
Temple imprisons an unsuccessful bull inside the super wolf. Whatever evolutionary brush chambers her giving entrance. Temple aims Reward program in the premise. Can Temple censor a common wood?

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:52 am
Profile YIM

You have to fix ranks for the sac'ed thralls before moving him, but you move him the correct number of ranks in a single jump.
That is, say you kill two front-rankers with his react -- this will cause an illegal rank in the second, so someone has to fall from the second to the first. Then Pago moves from the 4th to the 2nd, ready.

Better?
-VIC

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:18 pm

Thanks!

Kasugoan's Redemption • Slayer of the Silvered Fount • Warlord Story Team, Retired • Order of the Doomed Liver-Darth Cider • 2009 ToL Keeper Fantasy League Champion • 2010 & 2011 ToL Football Pick 'em Champion
Draven (about DP9K) wrote:
Psh, im from kentucky. I rode him for YEARS

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:33 pm
Profile YIM
Initiate
Initiate

thank you iceman ^_^ *hug emoticon*

(although meatloafman is a close second cause he plays dwarfs =P)

Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3