View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:54 pm



Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Chosen of 4E: Ruash-Shan 
Author Message
DaemonLord Traitor
DaemonLord Traitor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:00 pm
Posts: 6986
Location: Erlanger, KY
Post Re: The Chosen of 4E: Ruash-Shan
want to do Uber out of him. but i still think it might be better out of alera if only for the better rank holding army of the freeks and two weapons.

_________________
Original DaemonLord Traitor * Moderator of The Chosen * Regional Dragonlord for Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana

NirvanaTool wrote:
not starting during the given time frame up is like the "missionary position" of [Censor: Quack!] in Warlord - standard, no big deal.


Spam Bot wrote:
Temple imprisons an unsuccessful bull inside the super wolf. Whatever evolutionary brush chambers her giving entrance. Temple aims Reward program in the premise. Can Temple censor a common wood?


Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:15 am
Profile YIM
Initiate
Initiate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:01 pm
Posts: 139
Location: the woods, RI
Post Re: The Chosen of 4E: Ruash-Shan
Draven wrote:
want to do Uber out of him. but i still think it might be better out of alera if only for the better rank holding army of the freeks and two weapons.


ya i'm gonna stay away from it cause i just think others can do it better. if i do an uuber of him its gonna be a joke with tons of silly jank. like giving getraxos a dragon buckler and shadowborn harness

_________________
Top of faction as chosen at NY,CT,RI, and MA tourneys.
If it's purple I've done it. "I'm the RI purple proffesional ^_^"
I'm pretty sure I win the local award for most frequently made fun of for favorite faction.
(although meatloafman is a close second cause he plays dwarfs =P)


Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:20 am
Profile
Command Staff
Command Staff
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:25 am
Posts: 4829
Post Re: The Chosen of 4E: Ruash-Shan
My first draft with this lunatic is a lot of fun, but not well-tuned. I was mostly trying out the new cards, but I am SERIOUSLY liking the level 10 Cleric and Wizard items (as well as Rod of Power). The DC on his spells becomes impossible very quickly. Even with the new 2-HP level 1, ranks are still an issue for the Chosen in general, so I splashed hard on the new cleric toys also. Bandage is meh, Spectral Guardian is decent. Still better off with good ol' Final Blessing. I'll post more details after some more testing.

_________________
New York Jankees ~ Curator of NY's Cube
melon wrote:
prepare to be disappointed.


Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:35 pm
Profile
Inner Circle
Inner Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:35 am
Posts: 938
Location: Somerset, MA
Post Re: The Chosen of 4E: Ruash-Shan
I can safely say that after playing against a Ruash-Shan deck a few times today that Final Blessing out of it is awesome. I know it's awesome out of most other clerics as well, but with him being able to get both Necklace of Spellstoring and Ring of the Savant he'll be able to scribe it easily.

Redu Firam is also amazing out of him. Since Ruash can sack as many thralls as he wishes a turn, if you have the thralls then you can pop him as soon as it hits the board. I can't remember the name of the new master that does other The Chosen abilities, but he become a house really quickly as well copying Master Naxagoras when I played against it.

_________________
2011 NY Winter Campaign - Top Mercenary (Shah'syss)
GenCon 2011 - Top Mercenary (Shah'syss)
2012 RI Winter Campaign - Top 8/Top The Chosen (Nin-Gula)
2012 NJ Winter Campaign - First place (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 4 Singles (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 2 Doubles (Set'Rokh/King Alaric)


Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:31 pm
Profile
Head of Insanity Division
Head of Insanity Division
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 3422
Location: Oak Park, IL
Post Re: The Chosen of 4E: Ruash-Shan
I love me some Master Ashtaroth copying Naxagoras, though it is limited...
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37888

My cards just arrived Saturday... need to get a deck built and posted. :)

_________________
Have a rules question? There's a forum for that!
I reserve the right to ignore all rules-related PMs that I deem should be asked there. 8)


Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:24 am
Profile
Command Staff
Command Staff
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:25 am
Posts: 4829
Post Re: The Chosen of 4E: Ruash-Shan
After some success and some failure in running Ruash-Shan (Rosh Hoshanah as he is known locally) as a spellslinger I'm considering the Cavalry build. Seems like he could benefit from all the toys out there for Cleric, Wizard AND Fighter Cav decks...Phantom Steed, Hod's Legacy, Uthanak's Ring all come to mind.

_________________
New York Jankees ~ Curator of NY's Cube
melon wrote:
prepare to be disappointed.


Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:49 am
Profile
Inner Circle
Inner Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:35 am
Posts: 938
Location: Somerset, MA
Post Re: The Chosen of 4E: Ruash-Shan
Oremm wrote:
After some success and some failure in running Ruash-Shan (Rosh Hoshanah as he is known locally) as a spellslinger I'm considering the Cavalry build. Seems like he could benefit from all the toys out there for Cleric, Wizard AND Fighter Cav decks...Phantom Steed, Hod's Legacy, Uthanak's Ring all come to mind.


Don't forget Ring of Vorn, Camal, Totem Crawler, and Stormwolf. His higher lvl characters will hit the front in no time with those in combonation of Phantom Steed and Teleport.

_________________
2011 NY Winter Campaign - Top Mercenary (Shah'syss)
GenCon 2011 - Top Mercenary (Shah'syss)
2012 RI Winter Campaign - Top 8/Top The Chosen (Nin-Gula)
2012 NJ Winter Campaign - First place (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 4 Singles (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 2 Doubles (Set'Rokh/King Alaric)


Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:05 pm
Profile
Command Staff
Command Staff
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:25 am
Posts: 4829
Post Re: The Chosen of 4E: Ruash-Shan
Zeath wrote:
Oremm wrote:
After some success and some failure in running Ruash-Shan (Rosh Hoshanah as he is known locally) as a spellslinger I'm considering the Cavalry build. Seems like he could benefit from all the toys out there for Cleric, Wizard AND Fighter Cav decks...Phantom Steed, Hod's Legacy, Uthanak's Ring all come to mind.


Don't forget Ring of Vorn, Camal, Totem Crawler, and Stormwolf. His higher lvl characters will hit the front in no time with those in combonation of Phantom Steed and Teleport.

I didn't :wink: Along with all that sillyness, there's Redu Carr's built-in movement.

_________________
New York Jankees ~ Curator of NY's Cube
melon wrote:
prepare to be disappointed.


Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:09 pm
Profile
Command Staff
Command Staff
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:25 am
Posts: 4829
Post Re: The Chosen of 4E: Ruash-Shan
Been getting good results so far w/ the Cavalry build. Even stopped Krenthor. Turn 1, Krenthor SMASH, I drop 3 more characters to hold ranks. Turn 2, munch on Seed, grab Ring of Vorn, Backbiter, Griffon. Krenthor Smashes some more, I move up and wreck face. Game 2, draw Redu Tam, Backbiter, Phantom Steed turn 1, GG.

_________________
New York Jankees ~ Curator of NY's Cube
melon wrote:
prepare to be disappointed.


Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:26 am
Profile
Initiate
Initiate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:45 am
Posts: 109
Location: Lonely Idaho
Post Re: The Chosen of 4E: Ruash-Shan
How about some full decklists? There has been so many ideas for this guy I don't know where to start.

_________________
The reason for the unreason to which my reason is subjected so weakens my reason that I have reason to complain about anything.

Image
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7


Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:28 pm
Profile
Command Staff
Command Staff
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:25 am
Posts: 4829
Post Re: The Chosen of 4E: Ruash-Shan
brother_netheryn wrote:
How about some full decklists? There has been so many ideas for this guy I don't know where to start.

This is my Cav build. It's primary focus is getting big guys up front who swing for 3 wounds each (Master Nax/Redu Firam + Backbiter). Plan B is to gear up the WL and finish things off.

Start:
Mitrasz x3
Kalih x2
Ruash-Shan

Maindeck:
Redu Tam x3
Redu Firam x3
Master Naxagoras x3
The Seed x3
As'sa x2
Redu Carr x2
Mistress Sanai x1
Yil-Grayl x1
Master Ashtaroth x1

Items:
Backbiter x3
Ring of Vorn x2
Griffon of Misear x2
Cobalt Land Dragon x2
War Horse x2
Phantasmal Steed x1
Hod's Legacy x1
Totem Crawler x1
The King's Lady x1
Iridescent Armor x1
Fields of Sorrow x1

Actions:
Phantasmal Killer x3
Final Blessing x3
Phantom Steed x2

_________________
New York Jankees ~ Curator of NY's Cube
melon wrote:
prepare to be disappointed.


Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:02 pm
Profile
Initiate
Initiate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:45 am
Posts: 109
Location: Lonely Idaho
Post Re: The Chosen of 4E: Ruash-Shan
Oremm wrote:
brother_netheryn wrote:
How about some full decklists? There has been so many ideas for this guy I don't know where to start.

This is my Cav build. It's primary focus is getting big guys up front who swing for 3 wounds each (Master Nax/Redu Firam + Backbiter). Plan B is to gear up the WL and finish things off.

Start:
Mitrasz x3
Kalih x2
Ruash-Shan

Maindeck:
Redu Tam x3
Redu Firam x3
Master Naxagoras x3
The Seed x3
As'sa x2
Redu Carr x2
Mistress Sanai x1
Yil-Grayl x1
Master Ashtaroth x1

Items:
Backbiter x3
Ring of Vorn x2
Griffon of Misear x2
Cobalt Land Dragon x2
War Horse x2
Phantasmal Steed x1
Hod's Legacy x1
Totem Crawler x1
The King's Lady x1
Iridescent Armor x1
Fields of Sorrow x1

Actions:
Phantasmal Killer x3
Final Blessing x3
Phantom Steed x2



Huh? I would have never thought to have built it this way...until now....maybe for extra movement capability you should try that new Rhomel'zard guy (however it is spelled) as Ashtaroth will act as a double on his order as well..but other than that people will expect to throw on their magic protection and end up getting a full blitz beatdown! nice build!

_________________
The reason for the unreason to which my reason is subjected so weakens my reason that I have reason to complain about anything.

Image
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7


Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:57 pm
Profile
Command Staff
Command Staff
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:25 am
Posts: 4829
Post Re: The Chosen of 4E: Ruash-Shan
brother_netheryn wrote:
Oremm wrote:
DECKLIST



Huh? I would have never thought to have built it this way...until now....maybe for extra movement capability you should try that new Rhomel'zard guy (however it is spelled) as Ashtaroth will act as a double on his order as well..but other than that people will expect to throw on their magic protection and end up getting a full blitz beatdown! nice build!


I think his access to all the Cavalry tools from all 3 Cavalry classes (Fighter, Cleric, Wizard) makes him a pretty obvious choice for this decktype. There's also very little overlap in the item space in terms of traits, so he can snag almost everything as it comes up. The only exception being Hod's Legacy vs. King's Lady, but either of those items can also end up on other characters: Ashtaroth can take King's Lady or Hod's, Mistress Sanai or Yil-Grayl can take Hod's. I toyed with including the Blood God's Bassinet instead of Iridescent Armor...I could then open up the Armor slot for Caliphate Mail, dropping perhaps the Phantasmal Steed.

_________________
New York Jankees ~ Curator of NY's Cube
melon wrote:
prepare to be disappointed.


Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:15 am
Profile
Corruption's Cornerstone
Corruption's Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 5:00 pm
Posts: 13826
Location: NJ
Post Re: The Chosen of 4E: Ruash-Shan
Start x1 Devouted & some other good rogue I don't know of off the top of my head.


First Action - Kill Devouted, fetch
Second Action - Kill Devouted, fetch
Third Action - The King's Lady
Fourth Action - Kill [Rogue Character].
Fifth Action - Shadowborn Harness
Sixth Action - Jump into your opponent's last rank
Seventh Action - Divine Guidance
Eigth Action - Win :lol:

_________________
Malexin wrote:
This just proves you really are from Jersey. I thought I saw the potential for greatness in you, now I just see Jersey.


Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:20 pm
Profile
Command Staff
Command Staff
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:00 pm
Posts: 3299
Location: In ur base, killing ur doods!!!
Post Re: The Chosen of 4E: Ruash-Shan
NirvanaTool wrote:
Fourth Action - Kill [Rogue Character].


Obviously The Earth, so you can get that killed Devoted back in play. :lol:

_________________
Team Dodo!!
DWCATST


Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:48 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.