View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Naram Sin (Post CoG and AL) 
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Naram Sin (Post CoG and AL)
Naram-Sin Starter
Redu Zayd x3 Starter
Kalih x2 Starter
Redu Carr x3
Redu Diran x2
Redu Firam x3
Redu Tam x3
The Earth x3
Yil-Grayl x1
The Harvest x2
The Seed x2

Putrescence x3
Obliterate x2
Outmatched x3
Close Ranks x3
Divine Barrier x3

Havat-lahn Stance x3
Nothrog S'sike x3
Brilliant Scales x2
Wyvern Gem x3

Ok I was thinking the big thralls like Firam, Carr and to a smaller extent Diran will be making it to the front ASAP while Naram-Sin Powers up!

Last edited by milleniumgod on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:57 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Re: Naram Sin (Post CoG and AL)
I'm not entirely sure where you're trying to go with this. While with the character base it seems like you're going to try and pop Naram as fast as possible you don't include Shonta to lvl a thrall to get bigger faster. I can kinda see why though, since with Kalih your starting army he pretty hard to hit. I think you're over the character limit though. I count 26 characters and 25 actions/items.

With the movement card you're using I'm not sure what you plan on doing. Do you plan on moving the thralls like Tam and Firam up first? Also I think you should replace Putrescence with Embolden. First turn drawing Putrescence is not a good thing, but if you get Embolden you have a good chance at keeping your front rank in tact (They'll have 20AC, and a +10 melee strike).

Also I think maybe losing 1 stance for a Blessed Bangle would be helpful. It will give Naram an extra melee strike and give him the ability to unstun someone adjacent to him. With as little movement as you're running unstunning a big thrall you throw up might be helpful. Also if Naram has both the Bangle and a stance he'll be at +10/+5/+5/+5/+5/+6, two extra +10s with Obliterate!

2012 NJ Winter Campaign - First place (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 4 Singles (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 2 Doubles (Set'Rokh/King Alaric)

Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:25 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Quote:
I think you're over the character limit though. I count 26 characters and 25 actions/items.

I have recounted I still count 25/25

Quote:
Also I think you should replace Putrescence with Embolden. First turn drawing Putrescence is not a good thing, but if you get Embolden you have a good chance at keeping your front rank in tact (They'll have 20AC, and a +10 melee strike).

This is awesome I never even read Embolden I will be making room for it!!!

Quote:
Also I think maybe losing 1 stance for a Blessed Bangle would be helpful. It will give Naram an extra melee strike and give him the ability to unstun someone adjacent to him. With as little movement as you're running unstunning a big thrall you throw up might be helpful. Also if Naram has both the Bangle and a stance he'll be at +10/+5/+5/+5/+5/+6, two extra +10s with Obliterate!

I just wasn't sure how to make enough room for them I think you are correct in removing a havat-lahn for 1 and maybe 1 more somewhere else
Thanks again for the suggestions I have had him and always wanted to make a deck with him and now with CoG I believe he may be viable!!

Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:34 am
Initiate
Initiate

If you like running the big thralls so much consider master mardu and/or Master tir-koltis. Personally I want to see I'd i can build him focussing on a combo with Shield of the simurgh and Draw the essence for survivability

(although meatloafman is a close second cause he plays dwarfs =P)

Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:25 am
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

no Divine Guidance?
two cards for 4 swings is GOLDEN
and 3x Amends should be STANDARD

Richard Carter - 2002 (Scrub player), 2003 (undefeated Swiss with Kerebrus), 2004 (4th at KOHIT with Dezicrah), 2005 (Dragonlord & World Conquest Team), 2006 (Editor, PDT member, & Majeral runner), 2007 ( Medusan Lord, & Bobby Zebrowski's Hero), 2008 (Ghed Jaroslav, Soul of the Storm, 4e Design Team), 2009 (Soul of the Storm falls, Gixu the Jester rises), 2010 (Jernar Thanatoc falls), 2011 (Bobby Zebrowski's sloppy second Gixu), 2012 (Driver of Atu the Fallen)

Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:55 am
Head of Insanity Division

four swings, my foot.
Draw the Essence and Blessed Bangle quickly get you to 6. 8)

Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:48 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

the bonus strike per attack on draw the essence is for the turn, so if you draw essence, then ready, then draw essence again, that's just inappropriate.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:45 pm
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

Restomagus wrote:
the bonus strike per attack on draw the essence is for the turn, so if you draw essence, then ready, then draw essence again, that's just inappropriate.

I think the word that you are lookinig for there is :mrt: PROPER

Richard Carter - 2002 (Scrub player), 2003 (undefeated Swiss with Kerebrus), 2004 (4th at KOHIT with Dezicrah), 2005 (Dragonlord & World Conquest Team), 2006 (Editor, PDT member, & Majeral runner), 2007 ( Medusan Lord, & Bobby Zebrowski's Hero), 2008 (Ghed Jaroslav, Soul of the Storm, 4e Design Team), 2009 (Soul of the Storm falls, Gixu the Jester rises), 2010 (Jernar Thanatoc falls), 2011 (Bobby Zebrowski's sloppy second Gixu), 2012 (Driver of Atu the Fallen)

Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:57 pm

On Sunday I played a game where front-rank Nin-Gula played Draw the Essence, attacked via Amends, killed a thrall to give someone the +3's, and that gave Mistress Sanai her third charge so she readied the big girl.
All of this with Imperial Scepter equipped (not OPT, yo) and Embolden active.
It was, indeed, very inappropriate... I didn't have Imperial Chariot or Blessed Bangle yet! :rofl:

Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:55 pm
Warlord
Warlord

There is no reason such a grotesque being should be so effective at offensive blitz. :lol:

Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:02 am
Profile WWW
n00b
n00b

Rayzer730 wrote:
There is no reason such a grotesque being should be so effective at offensive blitz. :lol:

Sure there is. She starts in rank three and rolls downhill from there...think Indiana Jones. :Þ

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:12 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Volkan wrote:
Rayzer730 wrote:

Sure there is. She starts in rank three and rolls downhill from there...think Indiana Jones. :Þ

:rofl:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]