View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Eresh Drop 
Command Staff
Command Staff

Post Re: Eresh Drop
Aarrow76 wrote:
No prob, I hear ya. It's still feels tougher than it should be.

I did another 8 playtests against it tonight, and the ship was dropped against me 1st turn all 8 times.
I did manage to kill it twice with front rank blitz fighter warlords, but his daemons were enough to kill me off.

Atiratu's start is now x3 Mitrasz, x1 Earth, x1 Plentiful with Living History in the deck.
It's damn near impossible to break ranks first turn.

Some good antimeta is D-Rift, Entomb, and Easy Target.

Yikes. Turn 1 consistently?! That's nuts.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:56 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Oremm wrote:
Aarrow76 wrote:
No prob, I hear ya. It's still feels tougher than it should be.

I did another 8 playtests against it tonight, and the ship was dropped against me 1st turn all 8 times.
I did manage to kill it twice with front rank blitz fighter warlords, but his daemons were enough to kill me off.

Atiratu's start is now x3 Mitrasz, x1 Earth, x1 Plentiful with Living History in the deck.
It's damn near impossible to break ranks first turn.

Some good antimeta is D-Rift, Entomb, and Easy Target.

Yikes. Turn 1 consistently?! That's nuts.

And that happened because he drew Ashtaroth all 8 games first turn? Or because the deck is really consistent.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:24 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

He drew Ashtaroth first turn 3 times. The others were lucky draws, or Limited Wish.

We were testing at x3 Limited Wish, so that helped.

I tested 10 quick pulls this morning (not facing anyone) without any limited wish. Dropped the boat 6/10 first turn, 10/10 by 2nd turn (assuming I'd still have ranks)

One last time & Phantom steed are irritating me now. They get in the way.
Flame Blade & Blood Price are nice at x2 each. The boat can stun up with 2-3 spells already attached.

We now dropped the thralls down to x3 Carr & x1 Tam. After first turn, they're dead cards. I'm trying to find the right balance.

Apologies for jacking your thread. I was really interested in this idea, and now that it's too broken, interested in beating it.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:31 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Restomagus wrote:
Deamon lord is = to dragon lord, so yes you can have it with an OL

I found out that this is not true. You are only allowed one "lord" card in your deck construction.

http://www.temple-of-lore.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37614&p=682483&hilit=overlord#p682483

The rules answer on your recent post could be read both ways: one total, or one each.

Although the Medusan rules answers contradict each other. I'll post there to clarify.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:09 am
Command Staff
Command Staff

Aarrow76 wrote:
Restomagus wrote:

I found out that this is not true. You are only allowed one "lord" card in your deck construction.

http://www.temple-of-lore.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37614&p=682483&hilit=overlord#p682483

The rules answer on your recent post could be read both ways: one total, or one each.

Although the Medusan rules answers contradict each other. I'll post there to clarify.

I've always seen it played as one each...
Most of the "drop" decks for all formats are based around this assumption.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:18 am
Command Staff
Command Staff

Aarrow76 wrote:
Restomagus wrote:

KingofGlobia does not, in fact, have a purple-colored name. he is not the rules team, and as not a rules "go-to-guy." If you really want to know something, I would ask the guys in purple, or read the rules PDF

rules pdf wrote:
Building Your Deck
You may play with the decks as you purchased them or you may put together your own deck from any cards in your collection. When building your own deck, you must include a minimum of 50 cards. You may have no more than three copies of any given card. A single card type (character, action or item) cannot make up more than half of your deck (if you run a 50 card deck, you cannot have more than 25 cards of one card type). Count all cards in your deck, including your starting characters.
If a card has the Epic trait, you may not have more than one copy with that name in your deck. You may not have more than one character with the Warlord, Overlord, Daemonlord or Dragon Lord trait, though you may have one of each. You must include sufficient characters to make a legal starting army.

I emphasized the related point. it lets you have one character of each challenge level in your deck.

kthx.

Malexin wrote:
There is a food chain. I am on top of it.

Malexin wrote:
...seed your tomato, for the love of god, seed your tomatoes...

Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

nilonka wrote:
it lets you have one character of each challenge level in your deck.

and does not limit how many you have in play in your army which has led to some jank :wink:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2