View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Unbeatable Ship? 
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Re: The Unbeatable Ship?
I want to make a shiup drop deck out of Ruash'Shan because the boat can become a fighter and play Into the Breach, then your daemons attack as soon as they enter play, I wonder if this will work . . .

Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:32 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

Restomagus wrote:
I want to make a ship drop deck out of Ruash-Shan because the boat can become a fighter and play Into the Breach, then your daemons attack as soon as they enter play, I wonder if this will work . . .

My gut says no. Atiratu's search coupled with card draw from Redu Carr is the key that it all hinges on. Out of any other WL, you would need to draw into your Boat early on and the rest of your hand would have to be the rank structure to bring it out. Atiratu can look at her hand, figure out which piece she needs and go hunt for it which is the only reason it works at all. Then there's also the likelihood of I Call Forth Valor bringing another piece into play, which is *much* greater out of a Summoner.

The math: After all 3 wishes are gone from the deck:
50 card deck - 3 wishes = 47.
47 - starting 6 = 41
41 - opening hand (5) = 36
I Call Forth Valor from a Summoner = 15/36 = 41% (vs. 19% from a non-summoner)
So if you name a card that is only x1 in the deck, it's nearly a coin-flip to get it. Odds go up for 2x and 3x, obviously.

Tue May 01, 2012 6:08 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

also how come there isnt any redu tam's in yall's decklists? doesnt atiratu need some people to eat. currently you guys are only using redu carr. im assuming because you can just replace him when you eat him.

Tue May 01, 2012 7:24 am
Command Staff
Command Staff

Kamacausey wrote:
also how come there isnt any redu tam's in yall's decklists? doesnt atiratu need some people to eat. currently you guys are only using redu carr. im assuming because you can just replace him when you eat him.

I do have Redu Tam in my list. Only x2 because he's not as crucial as in some other decks. Carr is a rockstar here, and Firam is a one-Thrall kill to get the Boat, so 2x him is basically giving myself the 3x opportunity to Boat turn 1.

Tue May 01, 2012 7:31 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

We started out with many more thralls, but due to the reliability of the boat dropping so quickly, they just aren't needed. Instead, filling the character base with more daemons all but ensures a victory.

Master Ash has been dropped down as well from the original builds.

Tue May 01, 2012 7:33 am
Command Staff
Command Staff

Aarrow76 wrote:
We started out with many more thralls, but due to the reliability of the boat dropping so quickly, they just aren't needed. Instead, filling the character base with more daemons all but ensures a victory.

Hells yea it does. Last night, against Morghen spellblitz (starting Kinnels and everything!) I walked into this situation turn 1:
My hand: 0 Characters. (MATI, Smoke Imp, Call Forth Valor, Counterspell, Ring of Vorn)
Opponent: 5 Characters...2 of them are Lost Brides. (Lost Bride, Lost Bride, Austerion, Green Hag, Remorna)

Turn 2, I dropped the ship.
Turn 3, I flooded the board w/ Daemons.
Turn 4, I win by killing Morghen once...then beating through his entire army and stunning him back up.

Tue May 01, 2012 7:49 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

couple other questions: whats the point of master ash and how is entomb meta against this deck? you have to kill the ship to be able to reduce its level so whats the point? also, is blood price really that crucial and why?

Last edited by Kamacausey on Tue May 01, 2012 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 01, 2012 8:37 am
Command Staff
Command Staff

Kamacausey wrote:
couple other questions: whats the point of master ash and how is entomb meta against this deck? you have to kill the ship to be able to reduce its level so whats the point?

Master Ash holds rank 5 so you can build back, and can copy Atiratu's Search.
Entomb stops Atiratu's search order by making her Thrall level 0.

Tue May 01, 2012 8:38 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Oremm wrote:
Hells yea it does. Last night, against Morghen spellblitz (starting Kinnels and everything!) I walked into this situation turn 1:
My hand: 0 Characters. (MATI, Smoke Imp, Call Forth Valor, Counterspell, Ring of Vorn)
Opponent: 5 Characters...2 of them are Lost Brides. (Lost Bride, Lost Bride, Austerion, Green Hag, Remorna)

Turn 2, I dropped the ship.
Turn 3, I flooded the board w/ Daemons.
Turn 4, I win by killing Morghen once...then beating through his entire army and stunning him back up.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Wizard blitz starting kinnels is THE WORST matchup I can think of!... That and Nothrog blitz starting Ballistas...

Kamacausey wrote:
also, is blood price really that crucial and why?
Blood price essentially gives you x6 I call forth valor, a critical card 1st turn... after that, I usually just scribe it to the boat. (you can also search a counterspell depending of the deck you're facing). Atiratu, Rhomelzard, & Shan can cast it.

Tue May 01, 2012 9:08 am
Command Staff
Command Staff

Ship just plain loses to Drasek. This really bothers me, because decks that I like have never been able to beat dragon-ranch and this is no different.

In slightly better news, the "plan B" that I have available (move a few beaters up fast) was more than enough to take on Scyrax. He was able to blitz hard enough that I had no ready thralls to sac, but a single Nisroch with a backbiter ended him turn 2.

Victory against Bloody Mistress despite her ungodly AC/HP.

Tue May 01, 2012 7:45 pm
Initiate
Initiate

Wouldn't Eternity Gate be a solid play in this deck to return the daemons who are almost dead, or trapped in rear ranks for play via the ship?

Wed May 02, 2012 2:10 am
Command Staff
Command Staff

Daishi02 wrote:
Wouldn't Eternity Gate be a solid play in this deck to return the daemons who are almost dead, or trapped in rear ranks for play via the ship?

It probably would!

Wed May 02, 2012 4:58 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Oremm wrote:
Ship just plain loses to Drasek. This really bothers me, because decks that I like have never been able to beat dragon-ranch and this is no different.
... not in my experiences... We usually go to time, but the ship has more consistent draws than Drasek. Serj helps Drasek immensely, but even so- isn't as fast and reliable as the boat.

A tethere'd or backbiter'd Getraxos will slap any dragon silly. Then they're just relying on cleric healing... Planar is a huge problem for Drasek... You've got Viper Whip or Flame Blade and that's it.

When I've played both sides of this contest, I realized you need to switch up the playstyle for the boat... Kill off your entire army to flood with daemons asap. You've got a slight tempo advantage.

Daishi02 wrote:
I love this idea!! Drop Raging Hungerer, swing, reload!
I've updated my decklist with it, thanks!

Wed May 02, 2012 8:41 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

With sin-marduk in the deck I would be tempted to run one last time . . . then again if your deck is winning well don't fix what ain't broke

Wed May 02, 2012 11:25 am
Initiate
Initiate

Welcome Arrow, I tested it in my version of the deck and found that recycling daemons usually caused ragequit immediately. 8)

Wed May 02, 2012 12:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next