View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Front Line Naram-Sin Deck (Open) 
n00b
n00b

Post Re: Front Line Naram-Sin Deck (Open)
Wouldn't Aegis work on yourself? Can't the caster be it's own target?

Why wouldn't I use fighter items if I'm hulking in 1 or 2 turns?

Last edited by Arktikos on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:35 pm
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

Yes - Aegis will work on yourself as the caster / target - but I think Woodrow was just being cautious of the "In this rank" requirement, which can be a critical limit for a front line cleric (no access to the Riding feat, limited steed choices, no in class movement cards - although I have used Holy Infusion as pseudo movement.

Yes, you are planning on hulking out as soon as possible, but too many fighter items can get in the way - plus, there are plenty of worthwhile Cleric and Classless items that do not come with the risk of a bad draw (of all items) interfering with getting that fighter class.

I would also suggest finding room for 2x Ring of the Savant - you need it before you hit the front rank, being level 7 (or back up with the Loyal Nag) but the Ring will give you additional use of the Divine Guidance and Mass Blessings (do not use Embolden, the spend cost of Embolden on the first turn is too great, you need to be up front.

it almost embarrasses me to say, but this could be a prime deck for Meet at the Inn. Much like Dragonslaying combo decks, you need to get specific cards into play (Harvest) quickly, and the pay off for you may just outweigh the tempo loss of Meet at the Inn. You also could consider Back Alley Tavern and Dragon's Horde to push through your deck faster.

Jank tech? Minor Dragonkin made a Thrall by Mistress Sanai. Kill for Charges, then play Dragon's Horde for equipping big toys in the front?

Richard Carter - 2002 (Scrub player), 2003 (undefeated Swiss with Kerebrus), 2004 (4th at KOHIT with Dezicrah), 2005 (Dragonlord & World Conquest Team), 2006 (Editor, PDT member, & Majeral runner), 2007 ( Medusan Lord, & Bobby Zebrowski's Hero), 2008 (Ghed Jaroslav, Soul of the Storm, 4e Design Team), 2009 (Soul of the Storm falls, Gixu the Jester rises), 2010 (Jernar Thanatoc falls), 2011 (Bobby Zebrowski's sloppy second Gixu), 2012 (Driver of Atu the Fallen)

Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:11 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Yeah, it works, but you can't use it turn 1. The great thing is that you can protect Amends with it, otherwise it's not nearly as good as other healing spells. And even with the protecting, it's still not as good as Sacrifice in that deck, imo.

2017 GenCon Ancients Event - 4th & Top Elf
"We're just like Kevin Bacon!" - Anton Cyldragen
nilonka wrote:
there are five people on this website anymore, Woodrow: me you, Nihil, Wendy, and they guy who loves Trench as a warlord. You can't afford to disagree. WE NEED THESE TOURNEY KITS!!!!!

Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:29 pm
n00b
n00b

I think I would perfer to try fighter items first (at least some) with Naram before using some cleric items. I want to play to the strength of his ability and that is to turn fighter, get to the front rank, and perform lots of attacks. I'll probably go with Signon's Armor and Earth Mephit but I want to use a fighter weapon instead of Niobe's Leaf. I like Niobe's Leaf but I would like to try War Mace instead. It has more potential for a higher attack. Being only a level 6 weapon Naram can equipment it once he's in rank 1. If I find that the War Mace isn't working, I'll try out Niobe's Leaf.

I'm still figuring out what cards I want in this deck.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:56 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Arktikos wrote:
I want to use a fighter weapon instead of Niobe's Leaf.

Why instead of? why not have 2 weapons in the deck? 1-2 niobe's leaf is great, couple that with 1-2 of a fighter weapon you like, along with at least 1x Order of Battle in case you had to ditch the fighter weapon early, possibly a copy of Instructed by Rren'the so you can have both at the same time, and don't forget panthera / once again to get order of battle back from the graveyard if you had to ditch it early (there may be other cards to pull these tricks off better, but I am mostly familiar with 4e cards)

Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:21 pm
n00b
n00b

It seems players have different views on what types of items to use in a Naram-Sin Deck. Some say no fighters items, it runs better with no fighters, or just cleric items.

Here is what I have:

Starting Army:
1x Naram-Sin
1x The Earth
1x Yeg-igryll's Altar
3x Redu Zayd

Army:
1x Ivaas
1x Toren Yscar
1x Master Asrapi
2x Redu Carr
2x Mistress Sanai
3x Kabyrr the Insane
3x Dala
3x The Harvest
3x Amends

Actions:
3x Mass Blessing
3x Sacrifice
3x Transference
2x Draw the Essence
2x Divine Guidance

Items:
3x Imperial Chariot
2x Signon's Armor
2x War Mace
2x Imperial Scepter
1x Earth Mephit
1x Blessed Bangle
1x Amulet of Presence

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:54 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

if you are going the charisma route any way, mask of command + https://www.box.com/s/nu7iu8oo91nv50ow4 ... 96537150/1

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2