View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:08 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
Regional Discussion Rules 
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post Regional Discussion Rules
Despite the fact that regional is a place where the threads are mainly talk between people who are friends - this is a reminder that this forum still must follow the ToL rules.

We know this is a bit of a change, since this forum has never really been moderated, but every section in Temple does follow the main rules, and some have additional once. We get a lot of younger kids here and we have promised to keep it a family-friendly site. Always keep that in mind.

That said, here's a few quick rules that will be enforced.

1. Swearing around the censors will ALWAYS get you an official warning. Things like "s***" count as trying to get around the censors. Just Don't Do It.

2. Derogatory comments about or based off of race/religion/sexual orientation/etc. is a very big pet peeve of mine. If I see it, I'm more likely to skip the warnings and ban you. Things like "that is so gay" count since it's being used as a derogatory term.

3. Physical threats - even in jokes - will not be tolerated. This will earn a warning, no questions asked.

Now - rule #4 is a slight relaxation of a current Temple rule.

4. Playful banter/friendly insults: If you make it clear it's playful (smileys and all that) and no one complains, and the content is between "regular members" of that thread, mods will give leeway unless they see it going too far (and then a friendly reminder will be issued before any warning, if no friendly reminder has been made at that person lately). Banter/insults to someone new to the thread or popping in from another area who may not know what you mean should be avoided.

Bottom line, we will be as active or not as you force us to be. We do not like to and certainly do not want to take such action, but we will when and as necessary in order to keep the above in force. The better these rules are followed (and they really are not asking much from you) the happier everyone - yourself most especially included - will be.

Fri May 19, 2006 12:01 am
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Also on a side note. For those who think the Warlord Groups are not moderated, you are very wrong. I have dropped a mod bomb on several Warlord Group forums. So don't think that is a way around the rules.

Fri May 19, 2006 12:08 am
Hammer of Kor
Hammer of Kor

Being Regional, the mention, posting and discussion of events is certainly expected to happen often. At least, we hope you will. Here's a few guidelines we would like you to follow in doing so.

Generally speaking, posting of events should be done within your various topics. Certainly this should be the case for any events which are specific only to your region and its discussion (this includes things like the every week's game, the monthly get-together, or regular Overlord and/or regional Dragonlord activity).

Very occasionally, you will have an event which encompasses a greater scope. Examples are the City Championships (aka last year's Invasions) and similar large special events for which you are trying to get a bit better exposure without cluttering up your regular regional topic. These may be posted up to two weeks prior to the event date, and discussed separately until the event has passed.

On rare occasions, there will be very special events which cross boundaries and draw attraction and attendance from outside your local area or region. These should be posted separately, and may or may not be stickied at top depending upon importance. For this to happen, the event must be extra-regional in nature (i.e. open to anyone from anywhere who wishes to come). Examples of this would be the Conquest events or Ryk_Archer Con. Such event topics will be stickied no more than one month prior to the event, and will be unstickied immediately after the event has run.

We recommend that you think carefully before you do post your events separately, as we'll be keeping a fairly close eye on such to make sure they adhere to these standards. If you have any doubts or questions about whether your event meets the necessary standards (or really about any of this), please do ask us - Azraela, Kaipan or myself - and we'll be glad to help you.

Doctorfuzion wrote:
I just shut it down. It's got flaming bad juju written all over it.
CCP Mitnal wrote:
And there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth and great loss of forum posting rights

Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:42 pm
Profile YIM
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]