View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
CT Warlord 
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Re: CT Warlord
I have a lev 5 mercy I'll bring you, it is not in the best condition but it's still playable (my roof sprung a leak last time it poured and some water got on some cards)

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:55 am
Fails DC 2's
Fails DC 2's

This event looks to be shaping up to be a good one Matt told they have 4 coming down, and the "you missed GenCon" package is here! Sal'Zar the overlord is also built and ready to go. I'm also working hard to get as many of the DL's built as possible.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:44 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Can't wait to see everyone again! :D

Also I might not be able to make the first faction showdown in Oct.. I'm trying to save some money for the World of Warcraft tcg Worlds in Atlanta and I don't want to take any more time off then I need to so I can go.

2012 NJ Winter Campaign - First place (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 4 Singles (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 2 Doubles (Set'Rokh/King Alaric)

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:07 am
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Reporting in, I've just arrived home in Maine. Great tournament, great to see everyone. Notes on the tournament:

Attendance: 8 players
Warlords:
Devs:
Dhamir il Maliq Troy
Brymin of the Marches Dan
Elves:
Lady of Pain Nick
Yvalis Matt Velez
Free Kingdoms:
Rabinus the Elder (Frontline) Steve
Rabinus the Elder (Lycan Cav) FlippyDoo
Sir Robert of Andover Myself
Mercs:
Mad Mel Reyvilo: Carl

Standings after three rounds: (from memory)
1st: Nick, Lady of Pain
2nd: Matt, Yvalis
3rd: Myself, Sir Robert of Andover
4th: Carl, Mad Mel Reyvilo
5th: Troy, Dhamir

Note: True to his word, Carl did not lose to a fighter, playing only against Brymin whom he successfully defeated. Rather interestingly, most people in the playgroup agree that Uber Fighter is the way to go, but at the same time we all agreed that's old now, and only one person played one (Dhamir). My list was (I believe) a complete copy of Malexin's which can be found here in this thread.

Deck Notes: The movement in the deck is perfect, I hit the front rank first turn, every game. I did not often hit the front rank ready, but it was completely irrelevant because of my order enabling complete wrecking of ranks on turn 1. I found, as Malexin I believe did as well, that Heart of the Warrior seemed not quite right, I don't know that I played it in any game. I also found Iridescent Armor to be hard to equip, though I may have been rushing to the front too fast. That being said, rushing to the front wrecked ranks A LOT. I was very happy with the deck except for those two, and I would probably keep the armor anyway, and just work around equipping it more or something.

Tournament Report:
Only 8 people in attendance was smaller than I would have liked, but it was still great to see everyone and I was really glad I went.

Round 1: Troy, Dhamir il Maliq
Troy is playing Uber Dhamir, which seems to have no chance against this deck. We finished both games within 10 minutes I think.
1-0 (2-0 games)

Round 2: Matt V., Yvalis
Game 1: I wreck Matt's ranks, but am unable to finish the job. Matt readies and shoots me from his dying horse held aloft in rank 2 by (I think) only one character. Lucky Shot, Discard an arrow, Marks, dead.
Game 2: Matt gets me "fair and square". Holds his ranks with a bunch of planar dogs and I'm unable to get through before the super shot.
1-1 (2-2 games)

Round 3: Flippy, Rabinus (Lycan Cav)
Game 1: Smash, smash, smash.
Game 2: A repeat of game 1, but a little gentler. When Mairead hits the table after the first wave of weenie attacks, Flippy scoops.
2-1 (4-2 games)

Good enough for third. Nick didn't fight himself, and Matt passed which left me as the first one to fight the new Overlord:

Game 1: Smash, smash, smash.

If I had rigged Nick's hand, I could not have given him more useless cards to start with. 0 offense, and a bunch of items (including two familiars) left Sal'azar spent (stunned maybe) in the first rank. Sir Robert and his little friends closed the deal. Everyone seemed to find it a bit anticlimactic, but I am pumped out of mind to be honest. Very pleased I walked away with Sal'azar. This also improves me to a perfect 2-0 against Nick for Overlords.

Slops:
Andrew for not making the trip, despite my 6 and a half hour drive!
Boston traffic.

Props:
Everything else. Seriously.

The event was awesome, everyone was awesome, I don't drink but I still loved going to the tavern after and just shooting the [Censor: poo] for a few hours.

Special Thanks:
Dan, for hooking me up with a sweet trade involving a LOT of Free Kingdoms Warlords. And I love me some Free Kingdoms.

Troy, for dumping some awesome Legacy cards on me, including some awesome stuff for Samuel (who, despite not existing before yesterday, is now 4-0 against Fasolt). Also for letting me stay the night of the tournament, 3 a.m. is still night right?

Matt, who literally SHOWERED me with Legacy and Open cards, including ridiculous things (Nodwick!), a pile of Free Kingdoms characters both playable and not, and a pile of amazing actions which contributed to Samuel's success against Fasolt. Matt is my Warlord Hero, so big thanks to him. Also for letting me stay the night before the tournament. I don't know if you guys know, but Matt's a pretty cool guy. Thumbs up all around.

Highlight of the Night: Real life prison stories.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:07 pm
n00b
n00b

too bad kestrel wasnt there. wizards are OP now...

PLAY LEGACY FORMAT!!

NirvanaTool wrote:
Does that REALLY say "once per target per turn?!"

maverrick77 wrote:
When that guy first came out, people were like "19AC?! How you gonna hit that!"

Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:48 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

bschloss wrote:
too bad kestrel wasnt there. wizards are OP now...

:rofl:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:22 pm
Stone Splitter
Stone Splitter

You keep your mouth shut about the prison stories lol

Mad-Mel is now jank-less so don't think he'll loose a tournament ever again. :wink:

Best card in the deck. Tharwted. :lol:

Here's the New List for all the fans out there;

Mel
2x Bitting Wind
3x BFs

3x Selai Yscar
3x Rolando
3x Tresven
3x Lost Bride
3x Darkness
2x Howling Wind
2x Enki

3x Tharwted
3x Submerged
3x Cunning Shot
3x Thimberlig
3x MATI
3x Improvisation
2x Bribe
2x Hungry Spirits

2x Altus Cloak
2x Hood of Distraction

- Mass/RI Crew-Tean Dodo-Lord of War

Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:37 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

Carl, you're still my hero.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:10 am
Stone Splitter
Stone Splitter

Oremm wrote:
Carl, you're still my hero.

:D :D :D

- Mass/RI Crew-Tean Dodo-Lord of War

Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:37 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

When 4eXtended comes out, are people planning to maintain 4e decks AND 4eXtended decks, or will there be no "old-4e" decks around? Just sort of planning my deckbox. I also hope my next trip down I'll bring some friends along.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:18 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

SobolevKto wrote:
When 4eXtended comes out, are people planning to maintain 4e decks AND 4eXtended decks, or will there be no "old-4e" decks around? Just sort of planning my deckbox. I also hope my next trip down I'll bring some friends along.

4eXtended is still 4E, so everything from base set to it is 4E.

2012 NJ Winter Campaign - First place (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 4 Singles (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 2 Doubles (Set'Rokh/King Alaric)

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:35 am
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Zeath wrote:
SobolevKto wrote:

I recognize that it is supposed to be 4e+, I just wasn't sure if people would maintain 4e decks without it.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:51 am
Command Staff
Command Staff

SobolevKto wrote:
Zeath wrote:
SobolevKto wrote:

I recognize that it is supposed to be 4e+, I just wasn't sure if people would maintain 4e decks without it.

The focus of the set being the "summon" feature, I don't think you can really stay competitive without going to 4X. Someone playing 4X is going to get a massive character-advantage.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:09 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Oremm wrote:
SobolevKto wrote:
Zeath wrote:
SobolevKto wrote:

The focus of the set being the "summon" feature, I don't think you can really stay competitive without going to 4X. Someone playing 4X is going to get a massive character-advantage.

I think that's sort of what I'm getting at. Where this set is sort of an "optional" way to continue playing, are people going to maintain separate 4e decks and have separate 4eNotExtended events/decks. The response to my question sort of answered that though.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:16 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

SobolevKto wrote:
Oremm wrote:
SobolevKto wrote:
Zeath wrote:
SobolevKto wrote:

I think that's sort of what I'm getting at. Where this set is sort of an "optional" way to continue playing, are people going to maintain separate 4e decks and have separate 4eNotExtended events/decks. The response to my question sort of answered that though.

Sorry, I get it now. NY hasn't really talked about 4eX yet...we're doing Cube events at the moment, and sticking with 4E at least until the full 4eX set is revealed.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next