View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
RI/MA Area 
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Re: RI/MA Area
I'm hoping the new stuff comes in before the tournament so they'll be legal. If not though I should still have a deck or two together that's not using proxied new stuff.

2012 NJ Winter Campaign - First place (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 4 Singles (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 2 Doubles (Set'Rokh/King Alaric)

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:02 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

It seems that the place to go and play is now Game On rather then Stillpoint. How likely do you all think it is to have a Winter Campaign at that store? Or maybe even both if we can get away with it.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:44 am
n00b
n00b

Space wise..Still Point, comfort wise Game on...more stores around the area
plus we could always ask in advance if we can designate the store for the day

Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:23 am
Initiate
Initiate

I guess it would depend on whether or not they are willing to let us reserve some store space for free. Obviously forbthe campaign that wouldn't be the case. I haven't seen the place but I think someone mentioned that Stillpoint is bigger, so we have to think about what kind of space we will choose. Maybe we can look into whether or not renting some other form of space would be feasible. If we need to maybe we can make the tourney proxy CoG proxy legal. :D

Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:19 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

meatloafman91 wrote:
I guess it would depend on whether or not they are willing to let us reserve some store space for free. Obviously forbthe campaign that wouldn't be the case. I haven't seen the place but I think someone mentioned that Stillpoint is bigger, so we have to think about what kind of space we will choose. Maybe we can look into whether or not renting some other form of space would be feasible. If we need to maybe we can make the tourney proxy CoG proxy legal. :D

Doubt that proxies will be allowed, since most of the people have gotten their pre-orders by now. Also it seems you can order the new stuff from the site normally now, but I haven't tried yet.

If we can get many of the people from the L2P tournament then we'll need to have it at Stillpoint just for its size. Matt also brought up having it at URI. Never been there, so I don't know where and how big of a place he wants to have it at is.

Also, with any luck, we could have a Winter Campaign at both Stillpoint and either Game On or URI. Can't wait to see where the campaigns are going to be located this time around.

While we're on the subject of tournaments and what not, I wanted to ask the people of the MA/RI playgroups. Derrick Correia has pretty much, in all tense and purposes, stopped playing Warlord to focus his efforts on Magic: The Gathering. Matt's been pulling double duty as both the RI and MA TO, and I think he needs some of that weight taken off his shoulders. I'm not exactly sure what goes with being a TO, things like how much money you need to put in, what exactly needs to be done, who to talk to, and all that jazz, but I was considering talking with Derrick and who ever else I need to about becoming the TO for MA. Do you all think this is a good idea, or should we let Derrick continue to be the TO even though he's likely not in the loop anymore?

Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:36 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Zeath wrote:
meatloafman91 wrote:

Doubt that proxies will be allowed, since most of the people have gotten their pre-orders by now. Also it seems you can order the new stuff from the site normally now, but I haven't tried yet.

If we can get many of the people from the L2P tournament then we'll need to have it at Stillpoint just for its size. Matt also brought up having it at URI. Never been there, so I don't know where and how big of a place he wants to have it at is.

Also, with any luck, we could have a Winter Campaign at both Stillpoint and either Game On or URI. Can't wait to see where the campaigns are going to be located this time around.

While we're on the subject of tournaments and what not, I wanted to ask the people of the MA/RI playgroups. Derrick Correia has pretty much, in all tense and purposes, stopped playing Warlord to focus his efforts on Magic: The Gathering. Matt's been pulling double duty as both the RI and MA TO, and I think he needs some of that weight taken off his shoulders. I'm not exactly sure what goes with being a TO, things like how much money you need to put in, what exactly needs to be done, who to talk to, and all that jazz, but I was considering talking with Derrick and who ever else I need to about becoming the TO for MA. Do you all think this is a good idea, or should we let Derrick continue to be the TO even though he's likely not in the loop anymore?

I think that's a question for Derrick....I also would like some more Dragon Lord stuff going on but that's really my fault for not asking him about it. All I know is if he gets the Winter campaign this year and I don't I am going to be pretty [Censor: Quack!] pissed.

Hedge wrote:
I am sorry resto, but it is you who sucks at English.

Play some warlord, Sundays and Thursdays at:
Game On
943 Namquid Drive, Warwick, RI 02888-5139

Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:00 pm
Initiate
Initiate

You guys should just be straight with him. Ask him to start organizing events and DL challenges. Derrick is a reasonable guy, if he doesn't have the interest or the time, make him an offer to take on that role yourself.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:39 am
n00b
n00b

I would be happy to come up one Sunday and run DL challenges with your group. having two running at the same time is fun. Have all 3 built and ready to go right now.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:32 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

meatloafman91 wrote:
You guys should just be straight with him. Ask him to start organizing events and DL challenges. Derrick is a reasonable guy, if he doesn't have the interest or the time, make him an offer to take on that role yourself.

Becoming a DL isn't exactly a short process and I am pretty sure only PI can assign new ones...its not something you can just decide to do unless you have an overabundance of DLs sitting around in your collection your willing to take challenges with. Then its all on you.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:22 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Lanludar wrote:
meatloafman91 wrote:

Becoming a DL isn't exactly a short process and I am pretty sure only PI can assign new ones...its not something you can just decide to do unless you have an overabundance of DLs sitting around in your collection your willing to take challenges with. Then its all on you.

I am well aware of the difficulty of becoming a DL, what you fail to understand is that Derrick is the regional DL for our area.....

Hedge wrote:
I am sorry resto, but it is you who sucks at English.

Play some warlord, Sundays and Thursdays at:
Game On
943 Namquid Drive, Warwick, RI 02888-5139

Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:13 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Is there something going on today?

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:01 am
n00b
n00b

FlippyDoo wrote:
Is there something going on today?

WACK, :nonono: and then :yes: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:10 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Noodles Kaiser wrote:
Lanludar wrote:
meatloafman91 wrote:

I am well aware of the difficulty of becoming a DL, what you fail to understand is that Derrick is the regional DL for our area.....

I am well aware of that considering I was at the time the other candidate for the job, but thanks. I was saying telling someone else to take over the duties if Derrick couldn't any longer was an uphill battle.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:03 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Alright, so Don and Rich are getting the information for the Winter Campaigns together. We need to decide now if we're going to either:

A) Talk with Derrick about running one at Stillpoint
B) Talk to the guys at Game On about running it there (check!)
C) Try to get an event for MA and RI, or just one of them
D) Try and get an estimated number of people
E) All of the above

Noodles looking to you to talk with the other TOs. If you need me to do anything let me know. I'm more then willing to put up what money and time I can to help make this happen.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:39 am
Command Staff
Command Staff

Where did all this talk of of Derrick quitting come from? I went to Stillpoint every Sunday I didn't have drills until people stoped showing up. Nobody has contacted me about running an event anywhere. Some personal issues have forced me to be less active, and that goes for every game, but I am far from left the game.

Ever Faithful

Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next