View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
RI/MA Area 
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Post Re: RI/MA Area
Zeath wrote:
Alright, so Don and Rich are getting the information for the Winter Campaigns together. We need to decide now if we're going to either:

A) Talk with Derrick about running one at Stillpoint
B) Talk to the guys at Game On about running it there (check!)
C) Try to get an event for MA and RI, or just one of them
D) Try and get an estimated number of people
E) All of the above

Noodles looking to you to talk with the other TOs. If you need me to do anything let me know. I'm more then willing to put up what money and time I can to help make this happen.

I am on it. I'll let you guys know if there is anything I need. I really hope that Derrick and I get to be big boys this year and don't have to share lol.

maverrick77 wrote:
Where did all this talk of of Derrick quitting come from? I went to Stillpoint every Sunday I didn't have drills until people stoped showing up. Nobody has contacted me about running an event anywhere. Some personal issues have forced me to be less active, and that goes for every game, but I am far from left the game.

Good to hear :thumbsup:

Hedge wrote:
I am sorry resto, but it is you who sucks at English.

Play some warlord, Sundays and Thursdays at:
Game On
943 Namquid Drive, Warwick, RI 02888-5139

Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:16 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Don and Rich are finally taking applications for Winter Campaigns. I know Matt's getting one for RI and Derrick should be getting one for MA. Hopefully we get them! :D

2012 NJ Winter Campaign - First place (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 4 Singles (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 2 Doubles (Set'Rokh/King Alaric)

Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:51 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

I sent Don an e-mail, and it seems that no official request has been put in for a campaign for Mass. :( If I can get the money quickly I'm willing to try and get one for Mass if people want it.

2012 NJ Winter Campaign - First place (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 4 Singles (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 2 Doubles (Set'Rokh/King Alaric)

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:01 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

There will be a 4E event at the University of Rhode Island as part of the URI Gaming Club Con this weekend on Sunday February 26, 2012 with a start time of 1:00 p.m.

No charge, expect prizes!

Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:13 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Ugh, I have somewhere to be this sunday, or I might look to grab someone to carpool up with

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:13 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

SobolevKto wrote:
There will be a 4E event at the University of Rhode Island as part of the URI Gaming Club Con this weekend on Sunday February 26, 2012 with a start time of 1:00 p.m.

No charge, expect prizes!

I want to clarify this post, because I'm sure I have confused people. The tournament itself has no charge. The URI Gaming Club Con has a 5 dollar (3 dollars for URI students) charge to enter it and participate in all events.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:58 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

We had 12 people turn out for the event.

1st Drasek Dragon Cav
2nd Nin Gula Cav
3rd Dhamir il Maliq UBER
4th Set'rok Cav

I played Niobe and was generally happy with my deck:

Niobe
Angus Hammerfall
Scarlett
3 Ryan Mornington

Maindeck:
3 Embolden
3 Final Blessing
2 Invoke Entropy
2 Aura of Protection
3 Purify
3 Meet at the Inn

1 Caliphate Mail
1 Stormwolf
1 Ring of the Savant
3 Spirit's Blessing
1 Mollusk Helm (The first card I would cut, I couldn't find another Aura of Protection before the event. The event allowed proxies, but [Censor: Quack!] that.)
1 Totem Crawler
1 Hod's Legacy

3 Nelia Yscar
3 Barrett Yscar
3 Elissa Yscar
3 Corten Lye
3 Rolando
2 Banyon
1 Enkida
1 Xeanara

Round 1: Dhamir il Maliq WIN
Game 1:
I had an answer for everything in this game. He got to equip Common Blade and a ton of items, but not enough to make it indestructible, so I Invoked it off. He managed to kill a guy for a Panthera and got back Superior Armaments but I Purified it off. Got the kill with a bear or something.

Game 2:
My opponents opening hand is 5 items. My MatI draws him in to a Flame Blade too. He's afraid his Common Blade will get Invoked off (I have 2 or 3 cards in hand because my opening hand involves at least one Aura of Protection), so he stays in the second rank until he can get one more item and passes repeated allowing me to get up. The following turn he Ivory Rings backwards to grab a Blood God's and then he Superior Armaments to the front. My opponent in his haste starts to think I'm stalling him, but his only AC boosting Item is the Blood God's (his other items being Common Blade, Ghoststeel Gauntlents, Griffon of Misear, and...something), so I know that a good attack with Barrett after a clutch Invoke will actually get me the game. On top of that my Warlord is without wounds in the second or third rank. My opponent fails to clear my ranks before time, and I haven't drawn the Invoke either. Time is called.
Niobe 1-0-0 (W/L/D)

Round 2: Drasek Draw
Game 1:
Game 1 takes all of time. I Cav like a [Censor: Quack!] champ, with a front row involving 2 Elissa, 3 Barrett, a Banyon and at least 1 Nelia at one point. She gets Dragon Turtle going in the front rank and every turn I pitch my hand to draw an Aura so I can flip her off. I fail to do so for three turns (including us both playing MatI at various points). However, I do roll pretty above average and manage to not just immediately lose to repeated activations of the [Censor: Quack!] Dragon Turtle. My opponent makes several play mistakes and I'm not sure how it would have turned out without those. Various people walk by and are convinced that I'm screwed, but because I have so many strikes each turn, and each turn I kill a Dragon, she winds up with a perpetual situation of only having one ready Dragon and one stunned dragon with various dragons spent or stunned behind that. Time is called. Drasek has like 17 unwounded HP sitting in front of him, but I have a similar number split up among many characters instead of 4. Neither Warlord is wounded. Hooray?
Niobe 1-0-1

Round 3: Gudleifur UBER WIN
Game 1:
I kill only one or two characters in the first turn, I summarily lose to lots of items doing their badness to the lady hotness.

Game 2:
The first turn I manage to kill almost all of his characters, and I play a Barrett Yscar and a Banyon on the first turn. I roll like a [Censor: Quack!] champion the whole game. This game also involves a double Embolden at one point. My opponent gets wrecked.

Game 3:
See Game 2. I also won initiative every turn this game on top of all the other nonsense. My opponent is diced pretty hard. There's a Banyon on turn 1 in this game as well.

After the game I reveal to my opponent that I'm playing multiple Banyon, which surprises him but makes him feel a little better about my nonsense luck (I think).
2-0-1

Round 4: Ningula Cav LOSE
Game 1: This game is all over the place. The game starts with me Emboldening my front rank. Ningula does the same. We proceed to continue the game as if our first turns didn't happen. Early on I lose a lot of ground and I start to wonder if I can get back in the game but I start to crawl back and stabalize. I think I'm doing okay but he's charging his lazer with the guy who can copy an ability twice per turn. Eventually that guy shows up with a backbiter and hits Niobe with a +24 for 3.

Game 2: He wrecks me. I lose a lot of guys early and scoop early because it's getting late and it looks REAL bad.
2-1-1

I end up in 5th, and I didn't realize it until I wrote this but I did so playing the person in first, second and third along the way. Not too shabby for my first event. I was definitely displeased with Mollusk Helm, but I expected that. Aura is also incredibly hit or miss. It was originally included because Plague Bomb out of Arcanothropis was WRECKING me every time it was played and it helps against Dragon Turtle, Misear Diplomacy and a few others. Corten Lye may become Arve soon, and Caliphate Mail is on its last legs. When my deck was worse it did a lot of work but as the rest of the deck improves it's starting to show up as one of the worst draws in the deck.

Warlords Played (In no particular order):
Drasek
Nin-Gula
Dhamir il Maliq
Set'rokh
Guidlifir
Niobe
Sir Robert
Yavlo
Arcanothropis
Grilt
The Bloody Mistress (who failed to win a game)
Morghen

Factions:
FreeK: 2
Chosen: 2
Elf: 2
Dwarf: 1
Dev: 2
Nothrog: 2
Mercenary: 1

Good event, decent turnout. Late start time, but we were waiting for players so it all worked out in the end. Hope to see more people soon!

Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:27 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Does anybody know when the next tournament is?

Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:38 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

FlippyDoo wrote:

Matt and I have talked about making the treck to Connecticut this weekend for their event.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:45 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

FlippyDoo wrote:

I am debating going to CT Saturday versus going to Game On on Sunday....I really want to go to CT but we haven't been to Game On in a while and I don't want to think we abandoned the shop...

Hedge wrote:

Game On

Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:20 pm
Fails DC 2's
Fails DC 2's

Come to CT, and we (speaking only for myself) can convoy to game on on sunday. 2 days 2 Warlord events sounds like a great way to waste a weekend. This will mean that Tulley Cross might make a little less but I doubt it.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:20 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

If we make it a 2 day event, make it 2 normal tourneys but you cannot play the same WL both days. This way people still use both decks :)

Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:55 am
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Snake13 wrote:
Come to CT, and we (speaking only for myself) can convoy to game on on sunday. 2 days 2 Warlord events sounds like a great way to waste a weekend. This will mean that Tulley Cross might make a little less but I doubt it.

Sounds like a [Censor: Quack!] plan!

Alright well team RI I am going to CT Saturday and then it will be Game On Sunday....I am super stoked!

Hedge wrote:

Game On

Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:09 am
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Restomagus wrote:
If we make it a 2 day event, make it 2 normal tourneys but you cannot play the same WL both days. This way people still use both decks :)

I would say no to this at least on the RI side because I have been stoked for the 2 deck tourney for a while.

Anyone up for a highlander tourney(or any non regular 4e tourney) on Sunday at Game On???

Hedge wrote:

Game On

Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:25 am
Fails DC 2's
Fails DC 2's

If we can lock a format down with the quickness so I can build a deck for it I'm in.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next