View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Syvonne Ashenstorm - Speedy Siege Golden Gun [Ancients] 
n00b
n00b

Post Syvonne Ashenstorm - Speedy Siege Golden Gun [Ancients]
Starting Army
Albino Novice / Albino Novice / Albino Novice
Brel / Brel
Syvonne Ashenstorm

Characters [25]
3x LV1 Albino Novice (Makes the ranged strike a critical, plays Soul Transfer on first turn)
3x LV1 Sir'kan (Prevents cancels and redirects)
3x LV2 Brel (Inflicts the additional wounds on ranged strike)
2x LV2 Sceth's Spears (Capable of ranged strike on turn 1 or 2)
1x LV2 Archer Tower (Buffs the ranged strike)
3x LV2 Ballista Crew (Capable of ranged strike on turn 1 or 2)
3x LV3 Korvos (Capable of ranged strike on turn 2)
3x LV4 Trebuchet (Produces the ranged strike on opposing Warlord)
3x LV4 The Conflagration (Produces the ranged strike on opposing Warlord)

Items [2]
2x LV5 Ivory Ring (Buff the ranged strike)

Actions [23]
3x LV1 Meet at the Inn (Draw to find Trebuchet or Conflagration)
3x LV1 High Tide (Easy buff on ranged strike)
3x LV1 Exhaustion (Spend opposing Warlord)
3x LV1 Soul Transfer (Tempo enhancer for playing siege character)
2x LV2 Rain of Fire (Buff the ranged strike)
3x LV3 Consume from Within (Bring back Brel for another use)
3x LV3 Extensions (Find Trebuchet or Conflagration)
3x LV4 Severed of Flesh (Bring back Brel for another use)

----------------------
Just recently I have been getting back into Warlord again and have decided to post many of my favorite decks to the forums. I am open to all feedback, suggestions and criticisms so please feel free to comment or ask questions. These decks have all been tested quite a bit in Ancients format, so I know they are solid, but there can always be room for improvement.
----------------------

Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Re: Syvonne Ashenstorm - Speedy Siege Golden Gun [Ancients]
I kept myself from saying your Kothkah deck would be better out of Drac or Xod, but I can't help but say you should be running this deck out of Contal instead. Ashenstorm doesn't do the one-shot-kill very well.

2017 GenCon Ancients Event - 4th & Top Elf
"We're just like Kevin Bacon!" - Anton Cyldragen
nilonka wrote:
there are five people on this website anymore, Woodrow: me you, Nihil, Wendy, and they guy who loves Trench as a warlord. You can't afford to disagree. WE NEED THESE TOURNEY KITS!!!!!

Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:27 am
n00b
n00b

Woodrow wrote:
I kept myself from saying your Kothkah deck would be better out of Drac or Xod, but I can't help but say you should be running this deck out of Contal instead. Ashenstorm doesn't do the one-shot-kill very well.

Can you elaborate on why Contal makes a better choice for one shot kill? Since his ability only helps with finding the siege that you need in preparation for a turn 2 setup the Albino Novices and Brels may be dead before I can get the shot off. It seems like his deck would be quite different.

With Syvonne I have access to Extensions or Rise, and Obey. Plus, in the event that I do not get Trebuchet or The Conflagration I can use Korvos, Sceth's Spears or Ballista Crew to go for a ranged attach on a spent Warlord.

I have no doubt that Contal can make a good golden gun deck, but without doing it I'm not sure in what ways it would be better than this one.

Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:49 pm
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

The only siege you run in Contal is x1 Trebuchet. The rest is just enough draw to make sure you can flip it into your hand first turn and then some multi wounding like Chosen, whatever the other stuff you listed is. If you build it well, it should get you some first turn kills fairly regularly. Trebuchet and the double Brel start is enough to kill most Warlords and you have access to stuff like Staff of Kizazi or whatever to ready it from stunned. Maybe some of this stuff, too:

3 Carg'rag
3 Dadaelia
3 Meet at the Inn - Maybe.
3 Dragon's Hoard
3 Backalley Tavern
3 Light
3 Johan Halfblood
3 War Plans
3 Veiled Passing
3 Exhaustion
1 Toren Yscar
2 Ivaas
1 Grihilga

I guess "technically" you have to run Wand of Negation (maybe on some Ghost Bogs) as well for Signon's Armor and Scales of the Storm, but I would just pretend those cards don't exist if I were running it.

Edit: Somewhere on this forum there is a deck list for that. Whoever invented it had also trimmed it really well if I remember correctly. I believe they used Word of Recall to ready in case they had to start over on the second turn (they missed their kill shot the first turn).

2017 GenCon Ancients Event - 4th & Top Elf
"We're just like Kevin Bacon!" - Anton Cyldragen
nilonka wrote:
there are five people on this website anymore, Woodrow: me you, Nihil, Wendy, and they guy who loves Trench as a warlord. You can't afford to disagree. WE NEED THESE TOURNEY KITS!!!!!

Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:57 am
n00b
n00b

Woodrow wrote:
The only siege you run in Contal is x1 Trebuchet. The rest is just enough draw to make sure you can flip it into your hand first turn and then some multi wounding like Chosen, whatever the other stuff you listed is. If you build it well, it should get you some first turn kills fairly regularly. Trebuchet and the double Brel start is enough to kill most Warlords and you have access to stuff like Staff of Kizazi or whatever to ready it from stunned.

Ahhh - I see now. It does seem like this will work very well. Thanks again for the explanation.

Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]