View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Ancients (Legacy) FreeKs - Am I doing it right? 
Command Staff
Command Staff

Post Re: Ancients (Legacy) FreeKs - Am I doing it right?
Woodrow wrote:
So I think the better route is to be fast either going with Xeanara, Xianthia, Ursala, Jack, Roland/Rolando, Elissa, etc. and lots of readying and buffing, or maybe a weenie list could be a thing. I haven't checked the spoiler since I'm posting from my phone. Weenie would depend on what low level Lycans you have access to, but wouldn't it be a mostly worse version of Adarymy. Like Adarymy if she couldn't play all the good level 1's but had access to Mass Blessing?

I'm going weenie partly because Adarymy is banned in the format, and partly because why not. Though, I suppose it *could* be a Lady of Mercy weenie deck, as her ability does a little more in terms of increasing the "ooomph" of the weenie strikes, and she can STILL run some cleric tricks, most notably Lift Up Your Voices. In fact, that might be a much better route, since Lift can't be Exhausted.

Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:23 pm
The Shadow Silencer
The Shadow Silencer

Hey! I just made a Beastmaster deck for fun. It's a level 3 rush deck. Thought I'd share it, it might spark some ideas! (It should probably run Seize life, but I don't like that card! :P )

Beastmaster Eladric x1
Thayes Ainsworth x1
Dreiga x1
Yscarite Sentry x3

Elissa Yscar x3
Roland Tzin x3
Rolando x3
Xiantha x3
Barrett Yscar x2
Maddock Yscar x2
Squire Argos x1
Tavon x1
Xeanara x1

Spirit's Blessing x3
Nodwick x1
Hazium x1
Bascarite Mark x1
Hod's Legacy x1

Sacrifice x3
Mass Blessing x3
Mud slick x3
Revigorate x3
Minor Miracle x2
Quick Strength x2
Entangle x2

Melon wrote:
elves don't need undead cows

Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Command Staff
Command Staff

MDTailz wrote:
Hey! I just made a Beastmaster deck for fun. It's a level 3 rush deck. Thought I'd share it, it might spark some ideas! (It should probably run Seize life, but I don't like that card! :P )

Beastmaster Eladric x1
Thayes Ainsworth x1
Dreiga x1 ------>Baqbou Umbala
Yscarite Sentry x3

Elissa Yscar x3
Roland Tzin x3 -----> Selai Yscar x3
Rolando x3
Xiantha x3 -------> Ursala Yscar x3
Barrett Yscar x2 -------> Sir Thomas of Celinar x1, Banyon x1
Maddock Yscar x2
Squire Argos x1
Tavon x1
Xeanara x1

Spirit's Blessing x3
Nodwick x1 ----> Gnarled Club
Hazium x1 ---> Stormwolf (same thing, really)
Bascarite Mark x1
Hod's Legacy x1

Sacrifice x3
Mass Blessing x3
Mud slick x3
Revigorate x3
Minor Miracle x2
Quick Strength x2
Entangle x2

Good stuff! Because RAISINS, I'm going to make a few substitutions (I want to use my existing card pool without proxies) - my swaps listed above. Thanks :D

Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:15 pm
The Shadow Silencer
The Shadow Silencer

Oremm wrote:
Good stuff! Because RAISINS, I'm going to make a few substitutions (I want to use my existing card pool without proxies) - my swaps listed above. Thanks :D

Sweet! Let me know how it goes. :D

Haha I actually started proxying all of my decks just because I don't want to sort and store all of my old cards. XD So that is noble of you!
I would suggest trying to get a hold of Roland Tzin, he is a super key card for the deck. If you can't then I'd try to fit in a few more movement cards.

Stormwolf is probably better! I think I will make that change in my deck.

Melon wrote:
elves don't need undead cows

Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:43 am
Profile YIM WWW
Command Staff
Command Staff

MDTailz wrote:
Haha I actually started proxying all of my decks just because I don't want to sort and store all of my old cards. XD So that is noble of you!

I've started setting things up so I can livestream games of Warlord over here (Shameless plug: http://www.twitch.tv/Oremm) - not using proxies will make it easier for the audience to follow. Screenshot of how the stream looks:

MDTailz wrote:
I would suggest trying to get a hold of Roland Tzin, he is a super key card for the deck. If you can't then I'd try to fit in a few more movement cards.

Will-do.
MDTailz wrote:
Stormwolf is probably better! I think I will make that change in my deck.

YW :D

Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:49 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

MDTailz wrote:

Beastmaster Eladric x1
Thayes Ainsworth x1
Dreiga x1
Yscarite Sentry x3

Elissa Yscar x3
Roland Tzin x3
Rolando x3
Xiantha x3
Barrett Yscar x2
Maddock Yscar x2
Squire Argos x1
Tavon x1
Xeanara x1

Spirit's Blessing x3
Nodwick x1
Hazium x1
Bascarite Mark x1
Hod's Legacy x1

Sacrifice x3
Mass Blessing x3
Mud slick x3
Revigorate x3
Minor Miracle x2
Quick Strength x2
Entangle x2

Although I probably wouldn't play this exact list, it does have one key thing that Oremm was missing. Bascarite Mark. And to go with that you have Yscarite Sentry + Sacrifice. All of your characters having +4 to their stats is so crazy good that I would almost include 3x Bascarite Mark despite it being unique. I'm also not familiar with the Legacy banned list, but if it were not for some reason banned Novice Ruth is amazing... In general when I make this deck I generally go for larger charachters, start a Baqbou or two, and use a healthy amount of mass stat boost stuff, because it being harder to kill your people can help you last long enough to win. Speed will not be your friend, but if you can get one Iam or Barret to live long enough, he can do some damage.

-------------------------------------------------------
I'm a hoopy frood!
My other deck is backed in Green Dragon Inn.
GenCon 2017 Top NoThRoG
GenCon 2018 Top NoThRoG
My Trades

Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:24 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

slugman wrote:
Although I probably wouldn't play this exact list, it does have one key thing that Oremm was missing. Bascarite Mark. And to go with that you have Yscarite Sentry + Sacrifice. All of your characters having +4 to their stats is so crazy good that I would almost include 3x Bascarite Mark despite it being unique. I'm also not familiar with the Legacy banned list, but if it were not for some reason banned Novice Ruth is amazing... In general when I make this deck I generally go for larger charachters, start a Baqbou or two, and use a healthy amount of mass stat boost stuff, because it being harder to kill your people can help you last long enough to win. Speed will not be your friend, but if you can get one Iam or Barret to live long enough, he can do some damage.

I think I getcha. Then I'll stick to Lady of Mercy for the weenie thing. As for slow, survivable, "if this one guy lives, you're Effed" deck, I already have Adonis built.

Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:34 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Oremm wrote:
slugman wrote:

I think I getcha. Then I'll stick to Lady of Mercy for the weenie thing. As for slow, survivable, "if this one guy lives, you're Effed" deck, I already have Adonis built.

Seems fair. The other problem with the stall 'till kill thing with Edric and Adonis is the NPE for possible your opponent if they can't handle to stall stuff... In general I would say Lady of Mercy would be more fun to play against. And with her you can always throw in the few cards that let you stick her in the front and mop up with her. Also, Ill-Gotten Gains+Black Steel Daggers is a fun little anti-draw thing there.

I'm a hoopy frood!
My other deck is backed in Green Dragon Inn.
GenCon 2017 Top NoThRoG
GenCon 2018 Top NoThRoG
My Trades

Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:30 am
Command Staff
Command Staff

slugman wrote:
Seems fair. The other problem with the stall 'till kill thing with Edric and Adonis is the NPE for possible your opponent if they can't handle to stall stuff... In general I would say Lady of Mercy would be more fun to play against. And with her you can always throw in the few cards that let you stick her in the front and mop up with her. Also, Ill-Gotten Gains+Black Steel Daggers is a fun little anti-draw thing there.

Yep - already doin' that (except the ill-gotten gains) in LoM. Adonis is only NPE to inexperienced players. Once you know how to anticipate his reacts, he can crack like any other egg. Also, ranged strikes tend to be his bane.

Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2