View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Build Types & Terminolgy 
n00b
n00b

Post Build Types & Terminolgy
Any posts that describe the meaning of certain deck builds. Surprisingly unable to find a post that describes any of the following; Highlander, 6-man etc etc.

I know a majority of people know what these are but I can only guess to some. Appreciate any help.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:18 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Re: Build Types & Terminolgy
To answer the two you listed, Highlander is where you use only a single copy of each card in your deck. So if you're building the typical 50-card deck, you would have 50 different cards. 6-man is when you build your deck without any characters other than your starting army and Warlord.

If you come up with more that you're curious about, feel free to ask. Off the top of my head:

Aggro - Aggressive deck.
Blitz - Aggressive deck.
Cavalry - Lots of level 3-5 characters and Steeds.
Dragon Drop/Dragon Rancher - Playing dragon cards, often Dragon Lords who can bring Supremus into play.
Golden Gun - Killing the enemy Warlord from 3 or more ranks away, often ignoring rank restrictions with cards like Fell Blow.
Uber - Equipping lots of items, typically high level items on your Warlord.
Weenie Rush/Blitz - Aggressive strategy based around playing lots of level 1-2 characters.
X-Man - X = the number of characters in the deck, typically 6 or 9 (7-9 usually being The Temple of Lore).

Stuff like Highlander and other formats are stickied somewhere posted by ChaosSnake as alternate formats. Turncoat, Class is in Session, etc. can all be found there.

there are five people on this website anymore, Woodrow: me you, Nihil, Wendy, and they guy who loves Trench as a warlord. You can't afford to disagree. WE NEED THESE TOURNEY KITS!!!!!

Kerebrus wrote:
Woodrow, your jank may have crossed the line this time.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:01 am
n00b
n00b

Thanks Woodrow, this is exactly what I was after. One question though-- what is the defining difference between Aggro & Blitz?

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:44 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Nothing. Aggro is a term that AFAIK came out of Magic: the Gathering and blitz is just Warlord's version of it, probably because there's a lot of NFL fans who played the game. You'll see spell blitz, weenie blitz, front-line warlord blitz. It all just means trying to kill your opponent as quickly as possible rather than setting up for something else and the word before it describes how. Spells, small characters, or your warlord getting up front and personal cracking the opposing ranks.

Aggro, Midrange, Combo, and Control kind of transcend game titles now and are present in most card games.

Edit: I see why you asked about Aggro and Blitz now. I think I listed both of them because they both get used sometimes.

there are five people on this website anymore, Woodrow: me you, Nihil, Wendy, and they guy who loves Trench as a warlord. You can't afford to disagree. WE NEED THESE TOURNEY KITS!!!!!

Kerebrus wrote:
Woodrow, your jank may have crossed the line this time.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:12 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Way to be confusing Woodrow :lol:

-------------------------------------------------------
My other deck is backed in Green Dragon Inn.
GenCon 2017 Top NoThRoG
My Trades

Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]