View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Not sure what Cleric Warlord to Build. Please Help. 
n00b
n00b

Post Not sure what Cleric Warlord to Build. Please Help.
I am new to Warlord and have been purchasing a lot of cards through retailers and eBay. I got my hands on 3 Mass Blessings. From my limited knowledge of the game, that card is really good. I want to build a Cleric Warlord deck. My card database would be from the very first set, Saga of the Storm and all through Campaign Edition. I don't have anything starting with Epic Edition and on. Not sure what format I fall under, Open or Legacy. I have narrowed down to the three Clerics I would like to build, but I am by no means familiar enough with that game to know which one is the best. I have access to any cards as well. The three I have narrowed down to:
The Lady of Mercy
Crucin Bascar
Varson Yscar

Any advice would be great.
I have built six decks already, and one of them was Yscar the Elder. So I am not sure if Varson would be a great option.
Thanks.

Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:19 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Post Re: Not sure what Cleric Warlord to Build. Please Help.
Welcome to the game! One of the main things about building a deck is deciding what kind of theme you want it to serve, so starting with the warlord and working your way down. You want to build a cleric deck, that is step 1, you have also now got to find which cleric has the abilities you want it to have and go from there. For example Behlial decks alot of people make are dragon decks. From the ones that you listed The Lady of Mercy & Crucin Bascar sound like they could be pretty fun decks, with the Crucin you would need to find other things that also boost monsters to make it more interesting and fun, and with The lady it sounds like it could be a fun Stun deck, so you may want things that add to rolls and such to get the most out of it. Sorry for the rambling, hope some of it helps ^_^

Last edited by BlackHaliax on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:13 pm
n00b
n00b

I am interested in a Crucin Bascar, however, I don't know if there are enough good Mercenaries to play. Like I mentioned I was able to get 3 Mass Blessings so I would want to have him set back and power up the armies. Also, Rustiq Umbala the Elf Warlod Necromancer would be the same. So are the undead elves better then getting access to all Mercenaries?

Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:35 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

it is upto what you want to play really, if you have more elves that can suit the play style go them, or if you have enough mercs you can use Crucin. It is hard to say :/

Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:57 pm
Head of Insanity Division
Head of Insanity Division

Crucin is pretty decent. He's good at low-level rush, since he can make anything a Monster and then spend to boost all of them. His Cantor trait comes in handy with some cards, though most of them are from Campaign Edition or newer.

Rustiq Umbala is a little better imo, since he boosts all of your undead without having to spend (which opens up some really good spend-react healing and spend-order actions/items). The OPT movement is great and the level 1 and 2 wizard spells is just icing.

Lady of Pain is probably the best of the three, given her classes and abilities. Being able to crit on a 17+, and stun the target when you do, has won her some tourneys. Especially when you think about one of the strengths of the Free Kingdoms - generating lots of strikes. Sure, they might have lower bonuses than some factions, but with Mass Blessing and a 1 in 5 chance of criting, that's not an issue.
Note that the level 5 in her reprint is a mistake - she's still the level 4 she was when she debuted.

But the point is to have fun, so as BH noted, go with the one that you like. Or can put a solid deck together for (i.e. how does the rest of your character-base look for these faction? got lots of undead? free kingdoms bruisers? tons of mercs?).

Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:02 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Pain or Mercy? :P

2017 GenCon Ancients Event - 4th & Top Elf
"We're just like Kevin Bacon!" - Anton Cyldragen
nilonka wrote:
there are five people on this website anymore, Woodrow: me you, Nihil, Wendy, and they guy who loves Trench as a warlord. You can't afford to disagree. WE NEED THESE TOURNEY KITS!!!!!

Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:39 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Woodrow wrote:
Pain or Mercy? :P

Merciful Pain?
I feel like there should be some sort of obligatory 50 Shades of Grey reference here as well, but I'm not sure what it should be...

Anywho, on topic, My vote would be for Lady of Mercy. She would be better with you limited card pool, as all you really need are some half decent level 1-2 characters, come cleric/rogue shenanigans, and some bitzy low level actions/items for your characters. The deck is basically all commons and uncommons (with whatever good rares you have to throw in), and a large part of it is from CE.

-------------------------------------------------------
I'm a hoopy frood!
My other deck is backed in Green Dragon Inn.
GenCon 2017 Top NoThRoG
GenCon 2018 Top NoThRoG
My Trades

Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:11 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

Iceman wrote:
Rustiq Umbala is a little better...

+1. Rustiq is awesome, especially with Chill's Razor

Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:16 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

I vote Samuel.

2017 GenCon Ancients Event - 4th & Top Elf
"We're just like Kevin Bacon!" - Anton Cyldragen
nilonka wrote:
there are five people on this website anymore, Woodrow: me you, Nihil, Wendy, and they guy who loves Trench as a warlord. You can't afford to disagree. WE NEED THESE TOURNEY KITS!!!!!

Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:17 pm
n00b
n00b

Just out of curiosity what other warlords do you got?

Lady is pretty sweet to!

Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]