View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Chicago Winter Campaign - May 11 & 12 
Head of Insanity Division

Post Chicago Winter Campaign - May 11 & 12
When:
Friday the 11th starting at 8pm
Saturday the 12th starting at 11am or noon

Where:
Drew's House on Friday
Ashbury Coffee House on Saturday to start. Once they close, back to Drew's.

What:
On Friday, Ancients tourney and challenges.
On Saturday, main 4E event and more challenges. If there's time, kerebrus format tournament in the evening.

Cost:
20 bucks max (15 for the tournament kit, 5 for the coffee house), but dropping to 15 if we get a high turnout.

Addresses:
Drew's House is 6004 Dunham Road, Downers Grove IL 60516
Ashbury coffee house is 8695 S Archer Avenue Unit 1 Willow Springs Illinois 60480
http://g.co/maps/puu94

In addition to the big pile of promos, I have some Phoenix Feathers and old APs to sell.

Card legality boilerplate:
- All of the recent errata is in effect (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38475).
- The promo warlords (Kestrel, Rabinus, etc) are legal, and can be proxied if you don't have a copy.
- Ordo promos (tyrantslayer, Roona, R'veeka, etc) are legal, per the warlord website, but cannot be proxied.
- Campaign promos (Utnapishtim, Nisroch, etc) are not legal for the tournaments, but are as always allowed in challenges.
- Phoenix Feather and Limited Wish are both allowed, but remember that you can only have three of them total, not each.

Look forward to seeing everyone this weekend!
-VIC

Wed May 09, 2012 11:32 pm
Death of the Daemons
Death of the Daemons

Post Re: Chicago Winter Campaign - May 11 & 12
SMALL YET IMPORTANT CHANGE!

We got an extra hour to use the coffee shop. We can start at 11 AM now. Still, be prepared to only have a short snack break, not a full lunch break, as the only food nearby really is the coffee house itself.

The tourney itself will still start at Noon, but this offers us time to set up, converse, trade, and finalize decks. If we get everyone there *that we are expecting* in time then we may start at 1130, as to not waste time.

Thu May 10, 2012 2:53 pm

And it has begun!

Half a dozen players showed up to Drew's place tonight to play, chat and trade. Not enough at any one time to do anything resembling a tournament, and no challenges taken, but still a fun, quick evening.

Fri May 11, 2012 10:28 pm
Writer
Writer

Looking like 11-12 for the event? We haven't started yet.

Sat May 12, 2012 9:51 am
Writer
Writer

No elves.

Cutting to Top4:
Drew - Kestrel
Chase - Sir Bob
Matt - Menhetiri
Chris - Rabinus

Sat May 12, 2012 2:09 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

just got a text from Chase: He won with Sir Robert MyNuts.

kthx.

Malexin wrote:
There is a food chain. I am on top of it.

Malexin wrote:
...seed your tomato, for the love of god, seed your tomatoes...

Sat May 12, 2012 4:03 pm
Profile WWW
Death of the Daemons
Death of the Daemons

Nilonka speaks the truth.

was me and him in the finals. Played twice, once in swiss once in the finals, 3 games each set we played, I got him the first time, he got me the second. Needless to say, very even games.

Ill give my decklist now for the hell of it. Review of the tourney later.

Kestrel The Deciever
Alexa Genecourt Caleb the shifter
Genecourt initiate x3

Corinne Drac X3
Beast Knight x3 (woulda been knight of falun if i had any)
Sable Knight
Mother Dianne
Cardinal Scelus
Mariah Blackthorne x3
Okull the Defiant x3
Ancestral Wraiths x3
Numal il Maliq
Iphigenia (one of the proxies i switched out last minute. Would have been green hag, but after the tourney ill probably make her and numal into Knight of falun keeping beast knight)

lordly might x3
viper whip x3
incinerate x2
conjure storm x3
Phantom Steed x3
Icy Surge x3
Heart of Embers
Cloak of the Leech x2
ring of vorn x2
camel x2
Necklace of spell Storing x1
Detonate (MVP vs chase XD Was thrown in last minute to replace a proxy and as a joke. Worked out nicely the 3 times i played it)

Overall the sheer amount of shutdown in the deck kept me in most games no matter how bad things looked. After the tourney i see a few switches id make. Namely the dropping of lordly might for tsunami or meteor swarm

Sun May 13, 2012 12:02 am
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson

Another Freek win? /snore ;)

Good work Chase & Drew!

Kasugoan's Redemption • Slayer of the Silvered Fount • Warlord Story Team, Retired • Order of the Doomed Liver-Darth Cider • 2009 ToL Keeper Fantasy League Champion • 2010 & 2011 ToL Football Pick 'em Champion
Draven (about DP9K) wrote:
Psh, im from kentucky. I rode him for YEARS

Sun May 13, 2012 2:43 am
Profile YIM
Command Staff
Command Staff

AragornRoR wrote:
Another Freek win? /snore ;)

Good work Chase & Drew!

FreeKs are stupid good right now. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to build a Keziah deck :lol:

Sun May 13, 2012 8:11 am

Standings after 4 rounds of swiss:

devlukelorian - Kestrel - 4-0
kamacausey - Sir Robert - 3-1
noasarc - Rabinus - 2-1-1
ninjakiller - Menhiriti - 2-1-1
iceman - Bloody Mistress - 2-2
frostyuser17 - Krenthor - 2-2
(Ed) - Alera - 2-2
fastflare65 - Kaiten - 2-2
kyn - Yahia - 2-2
ashgaiden - Loki - 1-3
keziahslover28 - Shah'syss - 1-3
swashbuckler - Krenthor - 0-4

Top 4 saw Drew and Matt rematching from round 1, with Kestrel taking the win, and Chase facing Chris again, with things even more lopsided in Sir Bobby's favor than when they played in round 3.

Top 2 was the rematch Drew mentions above. Unlike their first meeting, lady luck smiled on Chase.

The Boat took about 20 challenges, with only one falling cause I forgot to use the crit-fail-react-Urshambi combo.
One challenge was made against Eresh - Krenthor died before the end of turn one. Jinkies is that thing mean. ;)
Gixu took a handful of challenges (four to six, things started to run together after a while) and fended them off with relative ease. Though at one point, he had three wounds - all from top-decking items with his order. Hooray for Aegis and CLW.

Lots of promos and decks were given away. I get the feeling everyone went away happy.

We're already talking about a follow-up event here in Michigan on June 30rd or July 7th.

Cheers.
-VIC

Sun May 13, 2012 9:43 pm
Writer
Writer

Thanks for coming down and running things, Vic.

Even though my dice sucked, I had a great time.

Thanks to everyone for coming out. I took some overlord challenges from a few of the Kentucky and Wisconsin guys and had a blast doing so.

Mon May 14, 2012 8:34 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

A couple shout outs first. Thank you Vic and Drew for collaborating on this together so we all could have a winter/spring campaign. It was very fun. Also a huge thank you to drew and his family for welcoming the ky crew into their home. Without you guys doing this we probably wouldn't have been able to fund the trip. It was truly appreciated. Now down to business.

Sat was kind of a cluster to start out. We were originally supposed to be able to get there around 11 and start around 12 but there was some kind of an issue with the coffee shop owners so they didn't end up opening the store till almost 1230 which meant we all had to stand in the rain and wait for over an hour. Boo. Oh well, crap happens. We got started around 130.

First round i was paired up against iceman. He was playing the bloody mistress. I won 2-0. I knew this match would be quick since both of our decks were blitzy. Neither game went past the first or second turn. He ran to the front and smashed things and then I dropped a level 1 or 2 character, gave it a bunch of strikes, and readied it multiple times to swing for the kill. The mistress is pretty nice in that she gets pretty high ac really quick since she starts enhes. Luckily I started 2 dreigas which were immensely helpful in this matchup. Without them it would have been hard to power through his ac after a short amount of time. First game I get a few wounds on him with pleebs before he obliterates my ranks. I end up bears souling for the kill after he wishes for an amends. Game 2 was not very close from what I remember. The attack bonus of the dreigas really shined here.

Second round I played against fastflares kaiten calvary deck. I won 2-0. I was afraid of all the meat he could toss at me. First game took a while because he did just that plus kors patienced my warlord at an inopportune time for me. I was eventually able to power through on turn 3 I believe. Game 2 I don't think he got a very good hand and I was just able to overwhelm him with the sheer number of strikes.

Third round I played against noasarc's rabinus the elder deck. I won 2-0. It seemed to almost be a carbon copy of johns shields deck that he played at the ky winter campaign. First game it is actually looking kinda rough for me with all of his wound reducing and wound manipulation but he ended up making the mistake of going after bobby with his nellia instead of going after my beefed up nephela. After he misses bob with some bad roles I proceed to mop up with nephela swinging like 3 times in one turn. Game 2 it's apparent my dice are on fire. Sorry Chris. :| I don't think it went past turn 2. I remembered it took a while cause I had to kill all 3 of his roonas. Rabinus is a very strong warlord. I really wanna play with him. He looks like he would be a ton of fun.

Fourth round I played against devlukelorians kestrel. I lose 1-2. Since he designed the warlord of course he wanted to play him. He is a freaking good warlord although a total rules nightmare. First game I win a close one after he puts 3 wounds on me. Game 2 I end up getting killed fairly early by a conjure storm combo. Game 3 he ends up killing off all my dudes with his single copy of detonate in the deck. All my dudes had a 50/50 shot or higher to pass the check but I failed every check. :shrug: After killing off my dudes he stun locks me with phantom steed and I concede.

After round 4 we cut to top 4 and it was myself with bobby, Drew with kestrel, Chris with rabinus, and Matt with menherti. I'll post my finals games and my deck list tomorrow. Too sleepy to do it now.

Mon May 14, 2012 10:36 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

First round of tops it's a rematch versus chis's rabinus deck. I win 2-0. I don't remember all the details exactly but it was worse for him than the first time we played. Game 1 I overwhelm him with weenies and strikes early and it was a pretty quick one. Game 2 he doesn't miss a strike early and kills pretty much everything I have on my side of the field. Luckily I hold a leonora until the cost is clear, give her a bunch of strikes, and then swing with her 3-4 times to break his ranks and put it out of reach for him. Sorry Chris, my dice were ridiculous against you all day, even during the kerebrus event. :?

Second round of tops it's a rematch versus Drew's kestrel deck. I end up winning 2-1 this time. First game doesn't go too well for me. I remember he detonates me again to kill most of my dudes and phantom steeds me to stun me for the win. Game 2 I am able to rush him early and I win pretty quick. I think he got a second turn of no dudes which allowed me to chew through things faster. Game 3 was pretty evenly matched from the get go. I don't recall all the details but there is another time where he detonates me a third time but this time I was able to hold on to a few key characters to bring home the win.

Well that's my report! Hope you guys enjoyed. Below is the list I played:

3 clerimonde
2 dreiga
1 sir robert of andover

3 leonora
3 stanley
3 nephela
3 lady Isabelle
3 tacus fylde
3 rolando
1 dreiga

3 sacrifice
3 final blessing
3 bears soul
3 bellicose
3 sudden reversal

3 commanding presence
3 cobalt land dragon
2 blazing medallion
2 camel

Tue May 15, 2012 6:59 am

Kamacausey wrote:
which meant we all had to stand in the rain and wait for over an hour.

Or sit in the comfy deck chairs under the awning, nice and dry. ;)
Still, not pleased with the Ashbury management. Turns out there was an issue with the room cost as well - hope Drew got that sorted out.

Quote:
Game 2 was not very close from what I remember. The attack bonus of the dreigas really shined here.

You should take better notes. 8)
Game two came down to the last time you were able to ready-and-swing with Leonara. If I'd slow-played Amends instead of trying to force your hand, she would've been dead after her first attack. Granted, that would've left it at initiative-for-the-win since we were both teetering on dead, but still - not not close.

Quote:
Third round I played against noasarc's rabinus the elder deck. I won 2-0. It seemed to almost be a carbon copy of johns shields deck that he played at the ky winter campaign.

I've never seen nor heard of said deck. Pretty sure Chris created this thing on his own via rigorous (and often frustrating) deck-testing.

Glad you had fun. Congrats again on the win.

Tue May 15, 2012 8:06 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Iceman wrote:
Kamacausey wrote:
which meant we all had to stand in the rain and wait for over an hour.

Or sit in the comfy deck chairs under the awning, nice and dry. ;)
Still, not pleased with the Ashbury management. Turns out there was an issue with the room cost as well - hope Drew got that sorted out.

Quote:
Game 2 was not very close from what I remember. The attack bonus of the dreigas really shined here.

You should take better notes. 8)
Game two came down to the last time you were able to ready-and-swing with Leonara. If I'd slow-played Amends instead of trying to force your hand, she would've been dead after her first attack. Granted, that would've left it at initiative-for-the-win since we were both teetering on dead, but still - not not close.

Quote:
Third round I played against noasarc's rabinus the elder deck. I won 2-0. It seemed to almost be a carbon copy of johns shields deck that he played at the ky winter campaign.

I've never seen nor heard of said deck. Pretty sure Chris created this thing on his own via rigorous (and often frustrating) deck-testing.

Glad you had fun. Congrats again on the win.

taken from the ky winter campaign thread in general:

Aida
Ryan mornington x2
kiras yscar
Dreiga
Rabinus the elder

Nellia Yscar x3
Sipho Hamisi x3
Rolando x2
Aristaios x3
Barrett Yscar x3
Elissa Yscar x3