View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Photoshop Addicts 
Warlord
Warlord

Post Photoshop Addicts
Well, it doesn't really have anything to do with real strategies in warlord, but I recall Siege saying with regards to a Cardcrafting forum.."Why doesn't someone create a group".
So who has some experience with photoshop and wants to be in a group? If enough people want to join, maybe Siege will create the group. :)

EDIT: I gave this thread a better name.

Last edited by Rayzer730 on Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:09 pm
Profile WWW
Command Staff
Command Staff

Spencer Latham gave me a sweet bike!

Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:44 pm
Rules Artiste
Rules Artiste

I quess I will also, Although I use Paint Shop Pro 7 or higher when I choose to upgrade.

Right now I am working on a way to rip the text Right from a scan of the card. no trying to find a text that looks like it I will have the exact texct of the card.

Hedge

DP9K wrote:
John, I've pretty much bought majority of the things I have from Hedge. I probably wouldn't be playing still if not for him.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:31 am
n00b
n00b

I would be willing to join. I use my company issued copy of Macromedia Fireworks, but it reads all the Photoshop files fine. I have made a lot of L5R Tokens, but I have the Warlord templates around here somewhere . . .

Hedge - I was playing around with a couple different OCR options at work for getting text off the card, but I have more luck with scanning the card in and having Fireworks do a color-select-crop on the text box. If you can find a good way to lift the text off the card that would be cool.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:40 am
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Zartock PM'd me about this and we are working out something.

Quick question for everyone about how you want this to work.

1. Or I can make it Zartocks Group which means he'd have to let you in.

2. I can make this an open group which means Zartock wouldn't have to approve you to get into the group. You could just sign up and be let in.

3. Or I can make this a non-private group which means that anyone could see this.

There's a few things about these choices.

In #1, there is no chance that AEG would not be able to print a card because of Copyright laws. They wouldn't be allowed in unless Zartock let them in so there's no way an AEG official could get in and see such cards without going WAY out of there way to make fake accounts to get in.

In #2 there's still no real worry about Copyright stuff. Every AEG official I've talked to says they stay away from the CardCrafting thread like it's the plague because they don't want to have to worry about it. Since it's technically not a public forum, there's no real worry about AEG ever looking at them.

In #3, there's a chance they might look at the forum. Most likely they won't but Copyright issues does come up. So basically things posted there probably wouldn't be able to be submitted. This isn't always a problem because most people don't post realistic cards anyways.

So it's your choice. Since this isn't really a "team" forum and Zartock isn't necessarilly a "team/group leader" I'm not automatically giving him the reigns on this. However if you want it COMPLETELY private, he'll be the one in charge since he was the first to ask me about it.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:20 pm
Initiate
Initiate

Eitehr of the three are fine by me and I want in :P

Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:22 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Warlord
Warlord

Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:33 pm
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Hey, could one of you photo shop junkies please pm me a picture of adonis with decent art?

Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:22 pm
Spoiler of Cards
Spoiler of Cards

Right now I am working on a way to rip the text Right from a scan of the card. no trying to find a text that looks like it will have the exact texct of the card.

That's how I made the font in the Downloads section.

Hmm. No more downloads section. Since my website has stabilized I'll post a link within the next couple days.

Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:02 am
Profile WWW
n00b
n00b

Siege - I would go with option 1 or option 3 as a choice. I am used to making tokens or spoof cards ("Me Ar'tek, Me Uber Blitz Monkey") so actually having AEG produce a card I created had not occurred to me.

Devs_Shall_Rule - I can probably mock up an Adonis in about 15 minutes, but I need your definition of "decent" art. PM me a link or an example of what you want and I can put something together for you . . . unless someone else has decided to hit this request already.

Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:30 am
Command Staff
Command Staff

I'd say #2. Not because I think one person shouldn't hold all the power of a forum like this but because Fish is lazy. :P

Spencer Latham gave me a sweet bike!

Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:43 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Siege - I would go with option 1 or option 3 as a choice. I am used to making tokens or spoof cards ("Me Ar'tek, Me Uber Blitz Monkey") so actually having AEG produce a card I created had not occurred to me.

Devs_Shall_Rule - I can probably mock up an Adonis in about 15 minutes, but I need your definition of "decent" art. PM me a link or an example of what you want and I can put something together for you . . . unless someone else has decided to hit this request already.

Sorry dude, I have this wierd MSN TV 2 thing, and I do everything off my keyboard...

Their is no way for me to send you links, but I do have the biggest computer monitor around... :lol:

ATM im just looking for anything that is better than his crappy art, but try to keep him looking like a wizard. Thanx, cause you dont have to do anything, but I would appreciate it... :D

Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:06 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Hey, could one of you photo shop junkies please pm me a picture of adonis with decent art?

How's this?
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/p ... Adonis.jpg

Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:27 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Devs_Shall_Rule wrote:

How's this?
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/p ... Adonis.jpg

Thanks! :D

Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:58 pm
n00b
n00b

Nice sirpongo, I might have that tucked away so that whenever I face Adonis I can swap out my opponents for something better.

IMHO, the "official" Adonis art always makes me think of Jafar from Aladdin. I have a hard time taking him seriously . . . maybe that is all part of the plan.

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next